So Ryan Garcia won.....

No one talked about Kambosos before the Teo fight. He was a nobody. There's a reason he was 10/1 underdog. Virtually everyone scored the fight for Loma. Haney lost. Deal with it.
I'm not soliciting bums for their unimportant opinions. You robbery clowns are hilarious. Novice non credentialed opinions mean zero.
Get to your safe space. Plug your ears and close your eyes so you can just keep running with childish narratives to protect your sensitive lil ego. Haney beat Loma. Some sloppy slob saying he didn't, doesn't reverse official scores that were just.

I'm glad Ryan won, but thinking that him being several pounds over the limit is negligible is really ignorant. It wasn't fair - like objectively he had a clear advantage, I do not get how someone can debate that.

If he miss weight by a pound it'd at least looked like he tried, and I'd say it's "close enough". Coming in at 143 is unprofessional and unsportsmenlike.

reading an article on boxingscene and i thought you guys would appreciate this excerpt.

What kept Garcia going after those first five rounds?

I believe it was the knowledge from Round 1 that he could hit and hurt Haney. Garcia is as synonymous with his left hook as Shakur Stevenson is with overusing Twitter.

<36>

Are people really forgetting that Haney rehydrates 25 to 30 pounds on fight night. Garcia claimed to rehydrate 20. So Haney was still the bigger guy, just not by the margin is usually is.

Funny I didnt see many people changing their picks after the weigh in. In fact quite the opposite, most doubled down because Garcia was seen as being out of shape and not taking the fight seriously. But now after that beatdown it suddenly "wasnt fair wahh".

Haney got beat up plain and simple. Time to accept that he has been figured out. The era of him John Ruizing old smaller guys is over.

Reactions: Ruv
Are people really forgetting that Haney rehydrates 25 to 30 pounds on fight night. Garcia claimed to rehydrate 20. So Haney was still the bigger guy, just not by the margin is usually is.

Funny I didnt see many people changing their picks after the weigh in. In fact quite the opposite, most doubled down because Garcia was seen as being out of shape and not taking the fight seriously. But now after that beatdown it suddenly "wasnt fair wahh".

Haney got beat up plain and simple. Time to accept that he has been figured out. The era of him John Ruizing old smaller guys is over.

bro...

<Huh2>

Uhhhh ... what?!

Seems like Bill Haney has a huge ego and isn't willing to swallow his pride to make the best decisions for his son.

Devin Haney has pillowfists but he has incredible heart and the potential to be one of the leading technicians of boxing.

You realize what you said was that Haney cut significantly more weight than Garcia, right?

I think you have too much emotion in this because it's obvious you're reaching here.

Yes, Haney got beatup. But how does that dismiss that Garcia had an advantage? You think it is not an advantage to come in 4 pounds over weight when they are fighting at 140? You are either naïve or ignorant, or just wanted to see Haney lose. Bringing up rehydration doesn't dismiss that at all, and you did not even really count it up properly (if Haney ended up weighting more than Garcia, which is not even true, that would mean he cut substantially more weight, which would obviously affect him but you did not even think to count in that direction, you just thought about their total weight).

I mean it's pretty open and shut actually, weight classes exist for a reason. Yes, weighting 3-4 pounds more than your opponent is an advantage. The fact that you think that that is "waah waaah" or controversial shows how much bias you actually have. Saying that Ryan would have won regardless is a strawman argument.

You are talking like someone who has never cut weight. Don't know how someone can say those pounds do not make a difference when you're trying to make weight.

You realize what you said was that Haney cut significantly more weight than Garcia, right?

I think you have too much emotion in this because it's obvious you're reaching here.

Yes, Haney got beatup. But how does that dismiss that Garcia had an advantage? You think it is not an advantage to come in 4 pounds over weight when they are fighting at 140? You are either naïve or ignorant, or just wanted to see Haney lose. Bringing up rehydration doesn't dismiss that at all, and you did not even really count it up properly (if Haney ended up weighting more than Garcia, which is not even true, that would mean he cut substantially more weight, which would obviously affect him but you did not even think to count in that direction, you just thought about their total weight).

I mean it's pretty open and shut actually, weight classes exist for a reason. Yes, weighting 3-4 pounds more than your opponent is an advantage. The fact that you think that that is "waah waaah" or controversial shows how much bias you actually have. Saying that Ryan would have won regardless is a strawman argument.

You are talking like someone who has never cut weight. Don't know how someone can say those pounds do not make a difference when you're trying to make weight.

He didnt weigh more on fight night. That's the point. You realize fighters dont come into the ring the same weight as what they weigh in the day before right?

haney cutting the extra 3 pounds is negated by Garcia partying, drinking, and barely training anyway.

Like I said, nobody was saying it would affect the outcome until after Haney got pimp slapped around the ring on Saturday.

Devin Haney is the biggest fraud in all of boxing. He is going to be doing some ducking. I will be very surprised if he takes the rematch. He will come out this week and say it was the weight advantage

That was always coming. It will end worse for him next. He will be truly KOed now Garcia knows he can easily hurt him

Reactions: Ruv
He didnt weigh more on fight night. That's the point. You realize fighters dont come into the ring the same weight as what they weigh in the day before right?

haney cutting the extra 3 pounds is negated by Garcia partying, drinking, and barely training anyway.

Like I said, nobody was saying it would affect the outcome until after Haney got pimp slapped around the ring on Saturday.

It's not about the weight at fight night. It's about the draining that happens cutting that extra 3 pounds. It's a ton of effort to do that and it drains you. Garcia didn't go through that.

Why is Hyan getting so cozy with Floy? Does he think he'll make more money in PBC/Mayweather's promotions?

Thats totally missing the point about how NOT cutting weight is an advantage.
Doesn't matter what weight Haney blew up to. One fighter diminished himself to meet the rules. The other fighter did not deplete or diminish himself & did not abide by the rules or agreement.

Anyone who has boxed, wrestled, or done MMA understands how taxing the last pound or 2 can be. Let alone over 3 pounds past your breaking point.

Its a huge cut for both dudes.

Could Ryan beat Haney if they both made 140?
Sure, I wouldn't be surprised anymore. Especially after he proved Haney isn't levels above him or as unbeatable as we thought he was.

Could Ryan who said he physically & mentally just couldn't make 140 deplete most of his attributes thst allowed him to win trying to get there?
Yes thats a very realistic scenario. Especially since he intentionally came in over.

Fat cheetah finger slobs act like 3 pounds is nothing. These are already extremely lean small men in peak professional top condition. 3 pounds is a lot for rail thin guys with no body fat that are already under 145 lbs.
If it was no big deal he should of made the weight.

Thats totally missing the point about how NOT cutting weight is an advantage.
Doesn't matter what weight Haney blew up to. One fighter diminished himself to meet the rules. The other fighter did not deplete or diminish himself & did not abide by the rules or agreement.

Anyone who has boxed, wrestled, or done MMA understands how taxing the last pound or 2 can be. Let alone over 3 pounds past your breaking point.

Its a huge cut for both dudes.

Could Ryan beat Haney if they both made 140?
Sure, I wouldn't be surprised anymore. Especially after he proved Haney isn't levels above him or as unbeatable as we thought he was.

Could Ryan who said he physically & mentally just couldn't make 140 deplete most of his attributes thst allowed him to win trying to get there?
Yes thats a very realistic scenario. Especially since he intentionally came in over.

Fat cheetah finger slobs act like 3 pounds is nothing. These are already extremely lean small men in peak professional top condition. 3 pounds is a lot for rail thin guys with no body fat that are already under 145 lbs.
If it was no big deal he should of made the weight.

By this logic partying, drinking, smoking weed everyday and showing up to a fight overweight is more beneficial than actually training hard.

Not to mention this is the same weight that not long ago everyone was claiming Haney would dominate and develop power at because he didn't have to cut to 135 anymore.

By this logic partying, drinking, smoking weed everyday and showing up to a fight overweight is more beneficial than actually training hard.

Not to mention this is the same weight that not long ago everyone was claiming Haney would dominate and develop power at because he didn't have to cut to 135 anymore.
No its not. Its a ridiculous strawman argument that is totally ignorant to how weight cutting actually works. Cutting weight is in addition to already being in world class shape & conditioning. Especially at this level & weight class.

Nobody said that about Haney here. That's another strawman. He has no power. People thought he had the ability to out point or jab and hold. I honestly don't believe I could name one Haney fan in this forum. People recognized his talent though. But he has no fanboys here.
People still seemed to be 50/50 on if he could beat Tank, Stevenson, or Lopez. You'd be hard pressed finding a poster that would give him the nod over all 3 of those names , even before the Garcia beatdown.

Maybe if Canelo ever had speed like that, he'd have won the Mayweather fight?

God damn that talent
not to mention the huge advantage from not even trying to make weight. that made a hell of a difference, huh?

No its not. Its a ridiculous strawman argument that is totally ignorant to how weight cutting actually works. Cutting weight is in addition to already being in world class shape & conditioning. Especially at this level & weight class.

Nobody said that about Haney here. That's another strawman. He has no power. People thought he had the ability to out point or jab and hold. I honestly don't believe I could name one Haney fan in this forum. People recognized his talent though. But he has no fanboys here.
People still seemed to be 50/50 on if he could beat Tank, Stevenson, or Lopez. You'd be hard pressed finding a poster that would give him the nod over all 3 of those names , even before the Garcia beatdown.
Cutting weight cuts a man’s will and physicality in half practically

not to mention the huge advantage from not even trying to make weight. that made a hell of a difference, huh?
He only missed weight about 3 (something) lbs and they both rehydrated back to their optimal weight for fight night. I don't think the weight cut difference would have mattered too much since there are other fighters (especially in MMA but weight cutting is weight cutting) who tend to cut more (percentage basis) but still have no problems performing optimally.

Plus Haney has experience making even 135 so 140 shouldn't have been a killer task for him.

Unless his frame is growing bigger to the point where even making 140 is getting hard for him...

Maybe both fighters should run it back?

Back