So why is Poatan gonna lose to Hill?

Just to follow up, I think Hill has a combo of size, power and handspeed that Poatan hasn't seen in a long time, certainly never in MMA.
Alex is very hittable, especially with straight punches, due to his lack of head movement. Izzy almost KO'd him 3 times. But Hill has a different level of power and uses those fast straight punches that Alex struggles with. There is no recovery if he gets hurt by Hill, he will take a nap.
On top of that Hill is younger and much fresher.
Based on what? Him knocking out Johnny Walker?

Dude couldn't even put away old man Texeira in 5 rounds, but he's just gonna nap arguably the best striker in MMA who's held titles in two divisions over the past year?

no one thinks this. Maybe salty izzy fans if theres any left. Most seem to think Ankalaev has the best chance with wrestling

The 185er is one of the best strikers in the history of the sport. It’s. It just some guy.
Sean Strickland? Nah dude got knocked out by Alex, oh, Israel that froze up when someone pressures him with a jab and teep kicks

The gayness in Izzy's bandwagon jumped into Poatan's. I'm rooting for Hill now.

Based on what? Him knocking out Johnny Walker?

Dude couldn't even put away old man Texeira in 5 rounds, but he's just gonna nap arguably the best striker in MMA who's held titles in two divisions over the past year?
Based on the things I said: reach, power, handspeed, straight punches, chin, youth - and Poatan's age, chinnyness, irresponsible defense and lack of headmovement.
Glover was able to defend himself on the ground in a way that Poatan can't if he gets hurt.

It is interesting how people where shitting on Poatan winning against Strickland, but now it is considered a major victory.

Lol remember when they billed Hill as some “nuclear” puncher after he KO’d Johnny Walker. Then proceeds to only hurt old man semi-retired Glover with head kicks.

I know not everyone thinks so, but enough people are saying it for me to be asking what they're seeing that I'm not.

Hill is mostly a striker right? Are you guys thinking he's a better striker than Pereira?

I guess he can also wrestle right? Is he any better at it than Jan?

His best wins are what? 45 year old Glover by decision, and Johnny Walker?

How exactly is this dude gonna avoid what Izzy, Jiri and Strickland couldn't... how is this guy gonna go 5 rounds with Poatan without getting his face caved in by one of those deadly hooks?

<{vega}>

Hill hits hard and straight and Alex stands there with his head up in the air.

I'm not saying Hill should be the favorite or anything, but totally counting him out would be really dumb.

If Bruno Silva can land on Alex, then Hill can too.

A 185'er who's a quicker and more polished striker than any 205'er I can think of.
His 205 record says otherwise lol

Alex P is the favorite here. No doubt about it. But hill is alive dog who can put Alex’s light out with mma gloves, so don’t be so dismissive. Alex’s own record at 205 isn’t great he beat a geriatric and then a man coming off a horrendous injury and a lengthy layoff

Hill has a puncher chance, to say he doesn't against a 36 year old that's been stopped before is dumb
But that's NOT what's being said by him or the crowd TS was talking about. Saying other people had a punchers chance isn't saying Hill has no chance and having a punchers chance is never considered the majority chance, so why are people saying he just will

Hill is a live dog, and maybe even a favorite if he was coming into this fight healthy and active.

Jiri was able to get inside of Poatans defense and hammer him with straits and wide hooks, Alex is used to facing guys who either can't match him in reach or don't come forward. Jiri was able to show that Alex is open to clean shots from guys who move forward and push the pace. Jiri is notorious for being wild and leaving himself open so he paid the price, take the Reyes fight were he almost got put to sleep as an example.

Hill is actually extremely dangerous here, he has better defense than Jiri, good pressure, and the reach to land his power. He has no issue pushing the pace, and his recent fights show he's one of the last guys you want to go blow for blow against. Hill lands over 7 strikes per minute, Alex has never fought anyone like that in the UFC before. Hill has fast clean strikes up the middle, and he also has a sneaky right hook that Alex has to account for, as well as some good body attacks which might put Alex on the back foot early on.

The way Alex fights, he can't afford to just eat shots from LHW's. He needs to stay on that leg and keep away from Hill early. I wouldn't be surprised if Hill wins this fight by finish, Alex doesn't tuck his chin and Hill is much better at finding the kill shot than he gets credit for.

On the bright side for Alex, there is no way Hill will be able to fend off the low kicks coming off a torn achilles. The one-time Hill lost he had his arm totally mangled, and he didn't even think about quitting. He has a warrior spirit inside of him that hasn't really been shown to the masses, but I expect this fight to be a back-and-forth battle for however long it last.

Last edited:
Potatoman is going to lose to Hill if the following things happen:
Hill (T)KOs or submits Potatoman
By decision if the judges score the fight for Hill
Potatoman intentionally fouls Hill and gets DQ'd
Technical decision if Potatoman gets unintentionally fouled in the later rounds and can't continue
Doctah stoppage...

conor-mcgregor-upset-following-ufc-264-loss.jpg

Hill is rushing back from an injury to collect a paycheck

He even admitted himself he wouldnt have taken the fight if it wasnt for that UFC 300 money
That's the part that annoys me the most. Achilles injuries are notorious for being some of the nastiest to recover from, I highly doubt Jamahal is doing what he wants on that ankle right now. Maybe by the time the fight rolls around he'll be moving on it like he normally does, but they could have just kicked the fight down the road another 2 months since Jamahal is recovering from a brutal injury.

Hill isn't anything special. Neither is Alex tbh. Don't get me wrong, they're good but neither of them would be top 5 from 2011-2015. Neither of them have any wrestling or grappling.

With that said their styles play into eachothers strengths. Hill has fast hands and knows how to find chins and Alex fights with his chin sticking up in the air. If he's not careful and doesn't get Hill first it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Hill knocked him out.

Going to be a banger.

Not saying he will lose, but he will trade hands with a kind of decent LHW, im picking Pereira tho.

I think Hill's KO power is highly overrated. Pretty much the only guy he has put to sleep is Johnny Walker. That being said, Alex' chin (or more his defence) is pretty sus so anything can happen.

Back