So why is Poatan gonna lose to Hill?

I’m curious to see if Hill can catch Alex before Alex demolishes his leg.

I think the answer to that is fairly safe. ETA before Alex cripples Hill's leg is < 5 minutes. Hill has not shown one punch sleeping power or anything I would consider sophisticated striking. If Hill rushes forward throwing wildly on hope and prayer as he has done in all his previous fights, Alex won't even need the calf kicks because he will be handed such easy counter opportunities to put Hill down with the double left hook faster than he did to Jiri.

I know not everyone thinks so, but enough people are saying it for me to be asking what they're seeing that I'm not.

Hill is mostly a striker right? Are you guys thinking he's a better striker than Pereira?

I guess he can also wrestle right? Is he any better at it than Jan?

His best wins are what? 45 year old Glover by decision, and Johnny Walker?

How exactly is this dude gonna avoid what Izzy, Jiri and Strickland couldn't... how is this guy gonna go 5 rounds with Poatan without getting his face caved in by one of those deadly hooks?

<{vega}>
Hill's activity is why ....He throws more ....if Alex does not KO you, he can be out worked easily.

Hill has youth, explosive, and power

Poatan gets hits a lot

Damn. I had no clue Hill was such a world renowned striker until I read this thread

Jiri was touching Alexs chin at will. Jamahal is a better striker than Jiri.

This is complete fantasy.

In the straight forward kickboxing exchanges, Jiri got his leg chopped up badly and probably couldn't have survived another round continuing the fight like that. He wasn't having much success and resorted to his 'wild man' routine.

He subsequently gets knocked down and then TKO'd.

In any event, Hill has a solid chance against Poatan because he's likely still in his athletic prime and he's a hitter. Alex is on the wrong side of 35 and will look old soon. We don't know when, but that is what happens next.

This is complete fantasy.

In the straight forward kickboxing exchanges, Jiri got his leg chopped up badly and probably couldn't have survived another round continuing the fight like that. He wasn't having much success and resorted to his 'wild man' routine.

He subsequently gets knocked down and then TKO'd.

In any event, Hill has a solid chance against Poatan because he's likely still in his athletic prime and he's a hitter. Alex is on the wrong side of 35 and will look old soon. We don't know when, but that is what happens next.
It's not fantasy, did you watch the fight? Jiri was getting his legs chewed up but he was landing on Pereira at will during his blitz attacks until he got KOd. So my point is if Jiri was landing at will anytime he went for a blitz, Jamahal should not have trouble finding his chin.

Hill has a punchers chance, but that’s about it. Pereira will kick his legs to Bolivia and could end him with punches, kicks or knees, too.

<28>

I’m just here for violence

If I had to guess it's because AP has been stopped before and Hill carries power, but it's not just that Hills throws lots of straight punches and AP pretty consistently leaves his head on the line to be hit by those.

I like AP to win this. Even more so with Hill rushing back from the injury.

I'm in the Poatan wins by KO camp but I can see arguments as follows:

1) Poatan has been willing to take a shot to give a shot, Hill has great power and Alex's defense has been a concern.
2) Poatan is aging and was badly KO'd at MW in April of 2023.
3) Poatan is at the age where reaction times gradually decrease.
4) Jamahal gets alot of flack because his track record really has no overly difficult fights, no disrespect to Glover who is an absolute animal but the big 3 at the time were always Rakic/Jiri/Ank and he got to skirt by without fighting any of the obvious 3 best. People need to recognize that just because he has had an easier strength of schedule, doesn't mean he isn't good enough to win with that strength of schedule.

Again, I'm just looking at reasons why people pick him and I think those 4 are legit. Still have Poatan winning. I still believe between Hill/Ank/Jiri/Rakic that Hill doesn't come out as the best fighter there.

Alex would be a really dumb guy if he tries to boxe against Hill.
Alex have a good boxing, but that's Hill's best weapon.

I think Alex will destroy his calf, then when hill jump foward to avoid/counter the calf kicks, he will be caught by a left hook and hit the canvas.

Because he gonna hit him with a straight punch on his chin which is too high and stationary and knock him out or TKO him.
Weird how the 60 other guys he fought in two combat sports didn't follow this simple gameplan and stop him from becoming a quad champion.
They said the same about polish power Jan and samurai Jiri.
They always seemingly forget the extra 20lbs of water weight that Alex gets to keep on and not dehydrate his brain. That was literally his only KO loss, his other TKO coming to leg kicks.
Based on what though? Who has he knocked out?
Literal cartoon chin Johnny Walker

I don't understand why people think Hill's KO power is all that. He absolutely unloaded on OSP and couldn't put him out and he was landing big shots on Santos and couldn't KO him clean either. The only guys Hill has legitimately KTFO is Jimmy Crute and Johnny Walker and both of those guys get KO'ed by like everyone. Alex is going to do Hill like he did Jiri.

Alex would be a really dumb guy if he tries to boxe against Hill.
Alex have a good boxing, but that's Hill's best weapon.

I think Alex will destroy his calf, then when hill jump foward to avoid/counter the calf kicks, he will be caught by a left hook and hit the canvas.
Have you actually watched Alex during his GLORY run? Alex can box...he just doesn't open up with his hands in MMA like he did Kick boxing cause of the Take down threat.

Last edited:
Hill and Ankalaev for me are favorites against Alex.
- They are both southpaw fighters. Alex clearly has a lot of difficulty against southpaw fighters, he can't use his calf kicks and relies almost exclusively on his boxing, and Hill has excellent boxing.
- Hill is a pressure fighter and Alex doesn't know how to fight under pressure, Jiri exposed how vulnerable he is against the fence.
- Hill can mix things up and threat some takedowns, Alex has a terrible TDD, he can survive on the ground but is very easily grounded.
- Alex is comically very vulnerable to straight punches, Silva, Strickland, Izzy, Jan, Jiri and even Powell managed to land nasty straight punches on his big freak head due to his lack of head movement.

Poatan is such a treasure.

Champ that comes into enemy territory to learn MMA and chase down Izzy -- Wins the Belt.

Keeps taking fights without a master plan -- just takes his wins and loss and keeps on moving forward and up.

Now has two Belts and going Up into new territory to challenge for a third Belt.

Gives UFC 300 a worthy-enough Main Card, when other fighters would not answer the call.

My thoughts are mostly based around Hill's durability and Alex being relatively hittable.

Hill has the same reach as Izzy and better power. Not as clean or fluid but certainly more overall power.

I also think people are sleeping on Hills ground game and overall athleticism.

Back