Star Wars Megathread

it's my bday weekend

Actual footage from Evz birth

evz-birth-gif.835330

Attachments

• Evz-Birth.gif
    Evz-Birth.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 38
For sure, but I don't recall ever seeing MIG gloves till recently so they wouldn't have been around in the 80's. Everyone I've ever seen welding mig did so with either stick or tig welding gloves or just regular leather working gloves. I'm in the metal working trade & so I'm not just talking out my ass, but I could be wrong about that. They're expensive as fook & so maybe that's why I haven't noticed them.

Welding gloves typically have their logo on it too, so most likely Lucas had these specialty made. Hell, he should get a credit for inventing MIG welding gloves. :p

I've welded in the Army, on the pipeline, and I've been a CWI.

MIG (or GMAW) welding's been around since the 1950s in large-scale, and a bit previous to that.

MIG welding gloves are thick so the spatter won't burn a hole through them and burn the user's hands.

TIG doesn't have any spatter, so the gloves's leather is very thin just to protect the user from heat and allows the best control of the filler rod.

Its fine to use MIG gloves for TIG, but not TIG gloves for MIG. That's probably why your employer just bought MIG gloves, to use with both TIG and MIG.

TIG gloves -
S-20851-L.jpg

MIG gloves -

S-20850-M.jpg

MIG (or GMAW) welding's been around since the 1950s in large-scale, and a bit previous to that.

I'm aware of that... I'm talking about specified gloves for MIG though. Most people use Stick gloves. I'm not sure at what point "MIG Gloves" came around but I've actually never seen anyone use them, & I don't recall hearing about them being on the market till recently.

I tried googling it, but I couldn't find their "born on date" for the amount of time I was willing to spend.

Its fine to use MIG gloves for TIG, but not TIG gloves for MIG. That's probably why your employer just bought MIG gloves, to use with both TIG and MIG.

It's nice when I'm on a job where they buy teh gloves... but for the most part, I'm the one buying them... & so that's why I'm not rocking fooking $30 MIG glovez. Nobody is. I've never seen them on the job. I was welding on a new nuclear powered aircraft carrier for the military... every day for 4 months & all we did for the most part was flux core MIG... & the tool shed just issued standard Stick gloves.

Obviously there is talent to be snatched up if Lucasfilm really wanted to......

@Brother EVZ when does the next episode of the new vader comic come out? I'm dying here. :eek:

I blame you for for telling me how cool it is & getting me hooked. o_O

Pretty cool it's so fooking rad like that though.

What else is on deck between now & the end of next month?

Last edited:
@EvilDDS when does the next episode of the new vader comic come out? I'm dying here. :eek:

I blame you for for telling me how cool it is & getting me hooked. o_O

Pretty cool it's so fooking rad like that though.

What else is on deck between now & the end of next month?
Looks like you have a bit before the next issue. Not being released until April 28

Other than that, March will have High Republic, Aphra, main Star Wars comic, and Bounty Hunters comic. Not the Boba bounty hunter comic though, the other one that’s been going for the last year

Thanks for teh list bro~

Looks like you have a bit before the next issue. Not being released until April 28
tenor.gif

Good lord, I thought they at least tried to keep up with a once a month release... WTF happened here? Is that normal to take such a long time?

I'm looking at 2 more releases till I get to what I've been waiting for & now to find out they're skipping a month or whatever? What do you make of this?

After talking about buying a boat these last couple of years I finally did it today. I bought a 2021 Lowe Fishing Machine 1675. Great boat built to last, and well equipped.

Boats are selling like crazy right now, and the dealers are having a hard time getting new ones in as the manufacturers can’t keep up with demand. It’s the covid effect I guess. Spending a day on the lake is a good way to be out and about and away from people.

I’m picking it up in April. It’s this model here:

View attachment 835703
Hell yeah bro~ a boat's a lot of work to maintain, but when you're about to retire... it's gonna be teh gift that keeps on giving!!!

I'll be over this summer when it warmz up~ :cool:

Thanks for teh list bro~

tenor.gif

Good lord, I thought they at least tried to keep up with a once a month release... WTF happened here? Is that normal to take such a long time?

I'm looking at 2 more releases till I get to what I've been waiting for & now to find out they're skipping a month or whatever? What do you make of this?
Usually it is every month. Rumour has it that Kathleen Kennedy was in charge of colouring this issue and she had trouble staying within the lines so it's been delayed

<{Heymansnicker}>

Back