Stipe Miocic is not a good boxer, stop pretending he is

His boxing for MMA is some of the best. His head movement and boxing in the first Francis fight single handedly disproves any doubts about Stipes skill. Was a masterclass.

“Yeah bro I could totally beat Stipe in boxing bro and I haven’t even trained in five years. I was amateur but chose not to go pro but if I did bro I would be beating all the top guys right now. Yeah, I was that good bro.”
- anonymous sherbro

In the UFC?

Petr Yan, Dustin, Conor, Robbie, Cody Garbrandt, Jorge Masvidal, Max Holloway (overrated but I'm just listing first guys coming to mind), Josh Emmett, Glover Texeira (fundamentally pretty solid but slow and limited), Holly Holm.

Hilarious that you picked Texeiira who got easily bested by Jones who is definitely better on boxing skills.
The only HW that might have been better than Stipe who is still active in UFC is JDS (who is not close to his former self from before the Cain fights).

If someone actually criticizes Stipes boxing then there is something off mentally. Stipe has great boxing for mma, he's among the best.

Even boxers start to lose their speed at age of 41 years old. Don't make points with over the hill fight ages.
speed had nothing to do with how bad his boxing looked against bisping

Speed has everything to do with it when someone fights with the style Silva used in his prime.. When you start to lose it in MMA the game plan must change. Silva also lost his best leg kicks for fights after the leg break.

Silva had more boxing skill than the huge majority of UFC fighters in his prime.

MMA Striking does not = boxing

They’re very different, for obvious reasons. This shouldn’t offend anyone. Just because baseball players circle the bases doesn’t make them great track athletes.

I think it’s similar to boxing (sport) and striking in MMA.

I dunno bout his record, but his the way he talks makes me think he has had 1,000+ fights

His boxing was a little overrated, but he had good enough hands, chin, heart, wrestling and cardio to beat geriatrics and reign over the division.

now the Division he ruled over being the worst ever in MMAs short history is another story just like him never ever beating a good young or in their prime HW.

I'd unironically smoke him and I haven't trained in 4 or 5 years.

Stop being such a nerd and realize your MMA gods are good at MMA and not boxing.
You haven’t trained shit. And if boxing is your thing, why don’t you go to some boxing forum. I’m sure they’ll be impressed by your supposed “training”. In case you didn’t notice this is mma. You boxing nerds are the worst.

LeBron is literally one of the greatest athletes in human history

what the fuck are you talking about

I never denied he's a unique athlete in history, but hes not GOAT of his sport.

Your inability to see that makes you less credible.

Thanks for posting my pic

I get absolutely slaughtered in Magic the Gathering, I've played it 4 times.

I play Commander EDH Magic the Gathering. Hit me up I’ll give ya some tips.

Hilarious that you picked Texeiira who got easily bested by Jones who is definitely better on boxing skills.
The only HW that might have been better than Stipe who is still active in UFC is JDS (who is not close to his former self from before the Cain fights).

Eh, Texeira's boxing is good, but Jones did fuck him up. Jones used his length and clinched him a shit load, also utilized his kicks. When it was just hands Glover was the aggressor from what I remember. Jones also kicked the shit out of his legs.

I never denied he's a unique athlete in history, but hes not GOAT of his sport.

Your inability to see that makes you less credible.

Anything Jordan did LeBron does better, and that's not even a debate.

“Yeah bro I could totally beat Stipe in boxing bro and I haven’t even trained in five years. I was amateur but chose not to go pro but if I did bro I would be beating all the top guys right now. Yeah, I was that good bro.”
- anonymous sherbro

I chose not to go pro because of a few reasons, one was me and my main coach had a falling out. The other was you don't actually make a lot of money as a pro fighter and I had an opportunity outside of fighting that was much more lucrative than what I'd be making for the next 2-4 years in boxing.

I'll have you know, there are quite a few really good amateur boxers who never end up going pro. I was good, I wasn't elite like those guys.

Come on now dude.....Stipe would knock you back down into your moms basement.

Stipe makes more than 99.9% of the boxers. They knew where to find him.

I'd unironically smoke him and I haven't trained in 4 or 5 years.

Stop being such a nerd and realize your MMA gods are good at MMA and not boxing.
This is one of the unintentional most hilarious posts in sherdog history. Lol.

This is one of the unintentional most hilarious posts in sherdog history. Lol.

It's hilarious you idiots think an MMA fighter is some sort of good boxer. News Flash: they fight MMA for a reason

When Anderson Silva gets sparked by Chavez Jr what is your excuse gonna be? Because Chavez Jr isnt gonna train seriously for the fight and he's gonna end Anderson in less than 4.

Come on now dude.....Stipe would knock you back down into your moms basement.

Go to the post your pic thread

That's a normal sherdogger

I'm not normal, I'm a genetic freak, pal.

Holla, if ya hear me

uFGwMFrm5PJs7UechiIIr2iqz0oO8HJmoSWbg-PSvyg.png

Back