Stipe Miocic is not a good boxer, stop pretending he is

https://boxrec.com/en/amateurboxer/898202

this is his boxrec, sticky this damn thread

I'm so tired of hearing how good someone is as a boxer when they fought nobody and lost to a guy who was boxing for 4 months (yes Jennings was eventually very good but literally just started training boxing and smoked Stipe)
Mma boxing

Is not pure boxing.

Just as how mma wrestling

Is not pure wrestling.

#thread

It's hilarious you idiots think an MMA fighter is some sort of good boxer. News Flash: they fight MMA for a reason
Stipe makes a lot more money than 99% of the hw boxers. They know where to find him.

news flash. Most of your boxers get wrecked.

Yet another attempt to diminish miocic after his fight with ngannou. He doesn't need to have a sterling pro or amateur boxing record to be good at punching for mma purposes. He has proven in many fights that he has integrated boxing fundamentals and principles effectively enough into his game to be able to outstrike most ufc heavyweights he has fought. So yes, he does have good boxing - for a mma fighter.

Last edited:
Yet another attempt to diminish miocic after his fight with ngannou. He doesn't need to have a sterling pro or amateur boxing record to be good at punching for mma purposes. He has proven in many fights that he has integrated boxing fundamentals and principles effectively enough into his game to be able to outstrips most ufc heavyweights he has fought. So yes, he does have good boxing - for a mma fighter.

No, I've said in other threads I think Stipe is a mediocre HW, always has been, always will be. He was successful in the weakest era in HW history and its not his fault. He's alright at everything, elite at nothing. Everyone else is just pathetic.

He's a good puncher, for an MMA HW. He's not a good boxer. It's why he's fucking punch drunk.

No, I've said in other threads I think Stipe is a mediocre HW, always has been, always will be. He was successful in the weakest era in HW history and its not his fault. He's alright at everything, elite at nothing. Everyone else is just pathetic.

He's a good puncher, for an MMA HW. He's not a good boxer. It's why he's fucking punch drunk.
You could say the same thing about any era and point to boxing records....

But what makes this thread lol is you suggesting you are better. lol. Like literally hahahhahahabahahahhahahahs

I would say that he is more than alright at everything- e has gone tor to toe with cormier as a former Olympic wrestler so his wrestling is very good. His striking is good enough to knock out a slew of heavyweights. The counter punch that levelled werdum for example displays his ability to push with knockout power while going backwards at speed as well as his excellent timing.

So everyone sucks.....ok. Except you...

Exactly

Or I don't box anymore and exclude myself from the discussion. I'm not analyzing me, I'm analyzing others. I don't have an ego like you dummies seem to.

I would say that he is more than alright at everything- e has gone tor to toe with cormier as a former Olympic wrestler so his wrestling is very good. His striking is good enough to knock out a slew of heavyweights. The counter punch that levelled werdum for example displays his ability to push with knockout power while going backwards at speed as well as his excellent timing.

Eh... I think his wrestling is good but he's barely used it offensively in years. I think he used be a much better wrestler and Cormier is washed. He's been washed for a while too. Cormier manhandled Josh Barnett in his prime, I have no idea how he can't do that to Stipe.

Exactly

Or I don't box anymore and exclude myself from the discussion. I'm not analyzing me, I'm analyzing others. I don't have an ego like you dummies seem to.

Eh... I think his wrestling is good but he's barely used it offensively in years. I think he used be a much better wrestler and Cormier is washed. He's been washed for a while too. Cormier manhandled Josh Barnett in his prime, I have no idea how he can't do that to Stipe.
You’re detached from reality.

Reactions: lsa
By the same logic Ubereem sucks at striking - wrong.
Golden Gloves Champion does mean something despite the nonsense that some jokers post.

I'd say he's good at striking geriatric brain damaged fighters. So HW MMA is just a joke. Can't really fault him for it, doesn't make him a good boxer through.
Yes he's a garbage fighter who has accomplished nothing, we'll root for you in your next shadow boxing bout champ.

Only in Sherdog "someone isn't perfect = he is really bad"

This is typical of Golden Gloves in 99% of cities. It's why it doesn't matter as an "accomplishment"
Only in small cities/states. Golden Gloves in big cities is nothing like that and they do national Golden Gloves tournaments where all the winners fight at. Golden Gloves CA for example is legit with a huge talent pool. Being Golden Gloves Champion in a big state and National Golden Gloves Champion is a legit boxing accomplishment.

To be fair, a boxing guard doesn't really work in MMA. some head movement would have went a long way though.

He was a good puncher that was always a little weak on defense. He shored it up a bit after that Struve knockout but not enough. And him going all lean probably took away some of his strength which hurt his wrestling I think. It was really the combo of decent punching with enough power to make you hesitate along with the wrestling to punish you if you got overzealous in the striking that made him so good. (in my opinion of course)
High guard works, a lot of muay thai/kickboxing/boxing fighters use it. Problem is most fighter's high guard is too loose and not tight, they have a lot of openings still with their guard. That's why the strikes slip through easily with 4oz gloves. There's tricks to split the boxing high guard (ear muffs) in boxing, it's even easier to do in mma because of the smaller gloves.

It's almost as if combat sports fans are too dumb to comprehend that MMA "boxing" isn't exactly the same boxing as displayed in the actual sport of boxing. Tiny gloves plus the threat of takedowns, knees, elbows, kicks, etc. nullifies a lot of the fundamentals of boxing.
Not really, it still works. Adjustments have to be made but that's for all martial arts styles in mma. All styles need to be adjusted for mma. There isn't a single martial art that you don't have to adjust if you try and use it in mma.

https://boxrec.com/en/amateurboxer/898202

this is his boxrec, sticky this damn thread

I'm so tired of hearing how good someone is as a boxer when they fought nobody and lost to a guy who was boxing for 4 months (yes Jennings was eventually very good but literally just started training boxing and smoked Stipe)

No one should confuse MMA with Boxing.

F-Yo-Thread.gif

Back