Social Super Size Me scam

this thread full of bro science lol

The humans are the fattest they have ever been in human history yet we also have the most nutritional knowledge in human history. Humans have never at any other point in history had to actually think about what they put into their stomachs. You just eat until you are full because the your body would react to the food you eat. It is really difficult to overindulge in normal food.

It's the modification of food that has changed the human body weight trajectory. Every single food is modified to be more addictive and has added chemicals that most humans can't handle.

Exercise also only gets you far. It's comical to me seeing people post about their 1 hour in a gym session next to their 5k cheat meal thinking it has any relation. Weight training 5 times a week has minimal effect on weight loss.

What makes a food healthy would be things like it not being carcinogenic on any level, and due to varying tolerances for different things, how does it affect your internal systems. The term "healthy" is individualized, so if you're looking for a cookie-cutter response you won't get one. However, someone with hyper-insulinemia isn't going to tolerate simple carbohydrate well. People with high blood-pressure naturally should watch the combination of sodium and sugar intake. One of my students is a type 1 diabetic, certain foods don't do sh*t for his glucose numbers which we have to monitor as he trains or he crashes mid-workout

Or....hear me out:
What's healthy or unhealthy is relative.
You don't need to write a novel for what could be expressed in a sentence.

Without sodium people would literally drop like flies from heart failure but you wouldn't suggest that it's unhealthy because people with hypertension should watch their intakes? No, that would be stupid.

That's the entire point I'm making. There is no INHERENTLY unhealthy food and you're reinforcing that point for me.

To say there's no such thing as healthy and unhealthy foods is just wrong.
No it's accurate. Anything can be bad or good. It depends on the situation as we touched on above. Obviously, if you make a habit out of eating the wrong foods in the long run it will be unhealthy but that drives the original point of bad habits not bad foods home.

Weight loss is just one aspect of health. That was the point, and plenty of things can f*ck up that equation. I'm gonna guess you have never actually been in charge of anyone gaining or cutting weight while they have to perform optimal tasks.
Weight loss is one aspect that dramatically lowers rates of all cause mortality so you are downplaying its significance.

Also, for the underlined, you'd guess wrong. I was an Olympic weightlifter in my teenage years and have been a coach to a wide array of athletes for 15 years. I literally put people on the stage as a side hustle and have been responsible for their nutrition the entire way.

1) Thinness doesn't automatically equal good health. Plenty of thin people die of diabetes, environmentally caused cancers, heart disease, etc.

2) Genetics play a much bigger role than people realize. Hence, being genetically vulnerable to being obese and then getting thin doesn't mean you're not still vulnerable to the same problems, but you will likely be able to hold them off for longer:
Both of these points are redundant. No shit, sometimes gene expression will operate irrespective of your life choices in unfavorable ways.

You can be as healthy or into wellness all you want and still have a metabolic disorder that is heritable. So obviously being thin doesn't automatically mean you are healthy, but all things being equal where there are no heritable issues, being thin is infinitely more favorable than being a fat fuck for health and that isn't debatable.

As for having a genetic predisposition or propensity towards obesity, if you have not controlled for food intake, the study is absolutely meaningless.

Put anyone who's obese in a room without food and they will lose weight. You aren't going to change that reality.

Everybody knew it was bad, what you’re missing is how it was framed. If 30 days of McDonald’s can cause fatty liver, then imagine what moderate consumption over many years can do. Never mind that the guy was a heavy drinker and it probably had nothing to do with that.

Nobody ate like that, but we all eat McDonald’s and people thought it was going to kill us slowly like working in a coal mine or something.

The guy had some catastrophic health results although it was completely deceiving since he got in shape and quit smoking before he made the documentary.

Never seen it, so I didn't realise the liver damage was a focus. I thought it was just about how fat he got. Figured that was the "Super Size" part in combination with their standard practice of upselling.

Sure, but that's the point about the caloric density of the food at McDonalds. Of course you could also just get 3 medium frappes a day and meet your caloric goal, but it's not actually a decent feed that anyone would be likely to consume.

Sausage egg mcmuffin is a pretty solid breakfast imo. Obviously no one should eat fast food every day, it's all about moderation.

That's not really 3 meals though is it?
Are there actually American adults that eat that little? Where do you hide them?
Three big macs with three small orders of fries and 3 diet cokes (could be extra large if you wanted) works out to 1500 calories.

It isn't impossible.

Edit: My bad, not big macs but double cheese burgers.

Sausage egg mcmuffin is a pretty solid breakfast imo. Obviously no one should eat fast food every day, it's all about moderation.
Well I often skip breakfast or just grab a coffee, so I can see that. No way I'd eat that little for lunch or dinner though.
Not in terms of calories, but in terms of mass and volume. A double cheesburger is 165 grams. I'd typically eat double that in meat alone. Don't eat fries, but 80 grams of fat drenched potato isn't going to make up the difference.

People need to stop saying that, because it isn't true.

What I eat governs how much I eat, ghrelin and leptin are primordial triggers driven by what you put into your body.

tubby b*tch confirmed ^^^^^

That's not really 3 meals though is it?
It depends how much you value "sides".

An Egg Mcmuffin is more than enough for breakfast. You don't actually need the deep fried hashbrown to go with it. Same with a burger. You don't need the fries to arbitrarily make it a "meal".

They want to believe something else is to blame. Most of the people who can't control their weight are no where near as rigorous with their diet as they'd like to believe.

One bad day a week is enough to throw off your weekly average. Unless I'm there looking at what they eat on a 24/7 basis, I have no reason to believe that they are adhering to their diets the way they describe

"But but but but I tried every diet in the world and still couldn't lose weight! I would run a marathon a day and STILL couldn't."

Sure there bud.

absolutely. Unfortunately we live in the era of zero personal responsibility and accountability. it's always someone else's fault.

Exercise also only gets you far.
That's dependent on the level of exercise. If you're dedicated to a strict daily regiment, you'll never ever be a whale. Might not ever be an absolute unit, but you won't ever be 300+ pounds of pure blubber either.

It depends how much you value "sides".

An Egg Mcmuffin is more than enough for breakfast. You don't actually need the deep fried hashbrown to go with it. Same with a burger. You don't need the fries to arbitrarily make it a "meal".

Sure, but the point is that to keep within a decent caloric budget you have to eat bugger all Maccas food. In my experience Americans haven't been small eaters (neither are Australians for that matter, but their portion sizes trend larger).
Compared to a decent meal, with less processed ingredients, more nutritional value, dietary fibre etc, where you can eat food that tastes better and is still satisfying (admittedly I don't have a sweet tooth and prefer my food to be decently spicy). It just takes a bit of effort and/or might cost more.

I did enjoy the sequel

As for the original, it should have stopped becoming a staple in health classes across the US after the many people tried to replicate Morgan's findings and just couldn't do it.

Yes, eating fast food is not healthy for you. But, if one person tries and experiment and the results are "x" and many other people conduct the same experiment and the results are "Y", then something is up.

The hilarious part is a McDonalds ad playing before this vid

Last edited:
Never understood how people can eat such massive amounts and become extremely obese in The United States. For me, no matter how hungry, there just comes a point where eating any more food feels so disgusting that I don't even want to think about it. Then you see some of these people being able to chug down litres of coke, dozens of burgers and bags of potato chips every single day, eventually growing to enormous size.

It's a medical miracle to me that these 1000+ lb monsters have lived as long as they have, while I feel like I might keel over from half a bag of chips. Some people's bodies can just withstand an insane level of abuse.

That's dependent on the level of exercise. If you're dedicated to a strict daily regiment, you'll never ever be a whale. Might not ever be an absolute unit, but you won't ever be 300+ pounds of pure blubber either.

I agree with you but my post is more about normal humans. You would need to be eating like 5k+ calories a day to be 300 lbs and that is an effort in itself tbh.

Most people can only handle 5-10 hours of exercise a week. If that's 5 hours of weight lifting and cardio that amounts to 1500 calories from weight lifting and 2000 from cardio. Eating more than 500 calories per day is very easy if you don't watch your calories and when you exercise your hunger increases as well.

I'm in the camp that exercise is more important than diet for health however I don't think people should be using exercise to lose weight. It should be done for overall health. Cardio vascular ability, HRV and muscle mass are the most important things for longevity.

food quality matters. if you eat crappy carbs that spike your blood sugar, you're probably setting yourself up for diabetes and bunch of other problems.

Tashko-Metabolic-Syndrome-169-1568x882.jpg

Last edited:
It's a medical miracle to me that these 1000+ lb monsters have lived as long as they have
They really don't live long. They may look older on TV, but they're mostly in the 25-35 range. Being THAT obese(even 400lbs), is not a recipe for a long life. You'll rarely, if ever, bump into a 60 year old who weighs 400+ pounds. I would imagine they have a lower life span than hardcore drug addicts. The body taps to extreme excess weight. There's no getting around your vital organs being crushed and overworked.

Never seen it, so I didn't realise the liver damage was a focus. I thought it was just about how fat he got. Figured that was the "Super Size" part in combination with their standard practice of upselling.
His dick wouldn’t work, his liver was fucked, his cholesterol was fucked, he had become depressed, and probably some other shit.

His dick wouldn’t work, his liver was fucked, his cholesterol was fucked, he had become depressed, and probably some other shit.
His dick stopped working? Yeah, I don't think a month of Maccas could manage that for a healthy male. Not even if you were drinking the used lard mixed with the soft drink concentrate.
Stacking on 11 kilos in a month would take some doing, but it's what, an excess of @85,000 calories for the month or 2833 excess calories per day? Not that hard on a strictly Maccas diet.

Edit: Undercalculated the calories.

Back