Law Supreme Court blocks Biden administration’s eviction moratorium

3 bed 2 bath around 1,600 square feet that needs work is about $1,200,000 on the low end in my neighborhood and like you said you need to overbid and bring cash. Fuck me right in the goat ass.

So ive owned for a decade now and no interest in moving...but who the fuck can afford 1.2 million mortgage? Wife and I make a 250k a year and would never go near that high.

And believe me I love California and look at the prices occasionally.. so I believe its real. I just don't get who's buying? Are there no middle class home buyers? Or are middle class people buying and paying 60% plus of their income towards mortgage?

Maybe they get real jobs that involve actually working.

You're a fucking moron. I have a property that I purchased as a primary residence prior to meeting my wife who also owned a house. After we got hitched, and I moved in, it was either sell the townhouse I owned at a loss after factoring in closing/commission costs or rent it out. Plenty landlords may just scrape by covering the mortgage/taxes/HOA/maintenance or not even with rental income, yet we put up the 20% in capital to buy the place in the first place.

Maybe if you weren't a bum bitch whining on these forums all the time, you could move out of your "basement apartment" in your moms house you likely cry about paying her $400 over.

I’ve been telling myself it’s coming for a couple years but prices keeping getting more absurd. But maybe that’s just Los Angeles.
Prices where I am have been outrageous well before Covid19 hit.

Where I live, we have many seniors. For so many of them, their entire retirement is locked into their house price. Therefore, they simply sit on the house and reject any offer that is not within their liking. No matter what a real estate agent (or Zillow) says the house is worth.

The house prices have skyrocketed. But, even more telling is that in the past generation, our town went from 70% families within the local schools to just under 30%.

Middle class people can't afford to live in this middle class community. It's odd.

Congress has to pass the policy instead of it being executive action.

Where's the fraud squad?

E9xCNJkUUAYjpct
What a fraud ass picture. Quick lets look smart for the camera.

The housing market needs to crash and there should not be bail outs for anyone. Corporate greed started it and everyone landlord started jacking up rent prices as well to try and be like them. In most areas they are acting like it is New York City or LA even though the jobs in those areas do not pay anywhere near what the big cities do. Then went everything crashes they want to act like they are the victims.

You're a fucking moron. I have a property that I purchased as a primary residence prior to meeting my wife who also owned a house. After we got hitched, and I moved in, it was either sell the townhouse I owned at a loss after factoring in closing/commission costs or rent it out. Plenty landlords may just scrape by covering the mortgage/taxes/HOA/maintenance or not even with rental income, yet we put up the 20% in capital to buy the place in the first place.

Maybe if you weren't a bum bitch whining on these forums all the time, you could move out of your "basement apartment" in your moms house you likely cry about paying her $400 over.
Boy, you are just all up in your feels aren't you? Shit if you can't afford the place without extracting money from others, sell it to someone who'll actually live in it. No calm down before you stroke out.

It is absolutely crazy, we are in Ohio and our modest 230k house would easily get close to 400k right now if we sold.

Ya. The problem with selling is that even renting is high is heck. And rebuying a house would t make sense since the prices are high .

So weird. Supreme Court blocked it. CDC/Biden administration just put it in again. And then a month later Supreme Court blocked it again

Is the CDC/Biden administration just gonna try again to get a few weeks pause once more while court takes the time to go through the system? Is that legal to do to just flount Supreme Court decisions like that?

Okay but realistically, are these people going to afford rent while working some minimum wage job? Also what if they catch covid while working one of these jobs? I'm guessing Walmart and McDonald's don't really take care of their employees like most of our jobs do.

The CDC order that mandates 2 weeks paid sick time if they catch covid is still in effect. That's a good one.

Eviction ban while there's vaccines available and tons of jobs hiring, enabling people to go to work safely, is not.

Evicition ban when the layoffs were hard and fast was the right thing. But we're past that now.

The CDC order that mandates 2 weeks paid sick time if they catch covid is still in effect. That's a good one.

Eviction ban while there's vaccines available and tons of jobs hiring, enabling people to go to work safely, is not.

Evicition ban when the layoffs were hard and fast was the right thing. But we're past that now.

Ah thank you, wasn't aware that it was a universal 2 weeks off.

Okay but realistically, are these people going to afford rent while working some minimum wage job? Also what if they catch covid while working one of these jobs? I'm guessing Walmart and McDonald's don't really take care of their employees like most of our jobs do.

Ok but ealistically when landlords are forced to let people live in their property for free how are they going to pay taxes on them? How are they going to fix the property? Or pay the mortgage on it? Will there be a mortgage moratorium too or will the landlords just have to be out on the streets while someone lives in their rental property for free?

Sorry to bust everyone's bubble but landlords aren't all rich people swimming in vaults Scrooge Mcduck style.

Back