The 2023 Heavies' Awards: Knockout of the Year - WINNER: EMMETT def. MITCHELL!

It was like the manlet version of Kohler/Judson, which is a legendary KO I know you're also fond of!
haha so true! like the manlet version of that fight. Man its crazy to think Kohler was only 5'6'' but 250 Ibs, and of pure muscle, not an ounce of fat on him. That KO was scary.. I know they had a lot of problems waking Judson up, he was out for ages.. that was one of the more scary KOs

Props to Emmet, he definitely has that 1 punch KO in him, he is very flat footed too, doesn't move much so you just know all of his force is in that punch

That one hitter quitter from being rained on in mount is hard to beat.
In the history of MMA I don't remember seeing one like that tbh.

Fuckin turned his hip, and boom dude was done.
Beautiful display of not giving up on yourself.
That is correct for the most instances but Hendos follow up shot even if it was unnecessary made his finish of Bisping even more legendary. I like one hitter quitters, They are more epic unless you're Gary Goodridge and do this one

m3RWSOp.gif

I went with Mitchell Emmett one

Andrade over Dern because there were 3-4 knock downs before the knock out. More bang for your buck. Plus, it was good to see Andrade end the year (5 fights!) with such a dominate win.
That beating will either make Dern a much better fighter, or it will make her think about retirement.

That is correct for the most instances but Hendos follow up shot even if it was unnecessary made his finish of Bisping even more legendary. I like one hitter quitters, They are more epic unless you're Gary Goodridge and do this one

m3RWSOp.gif

I went with Mitchell Emmett one

I watched Goodridge do that live and thought that dude died lol.

Lawler was not the most spectacular, but what a fitting end to an awesome career. He’s got my vote for that.

Unreal that Adesanya has more votes than Islam over Volk and Gaethje over Poirier

Emmett is rightfully in the lead tho

Voted for Emmett over Bryce 1st but have to go with Izzy over ALex. The context of every aspect of that KO puts it ahead imo.

Being 3 - 0 in all other fights. The fact he came back so quickly after the 1st fight. The game plan literally being to put himself in enough danger to gain access to that opening. Could grandstand it more.

(Final 5 of 15)

Lorenz Larkin def. Mukhamed Berkhamov - Elbow | Bellator 290

Chihiro Suzuki def. Vugar Karamov - Upkick | RIZIN Landmark 7

Drakkar Klose def. Joe Solecki - Slam | UFC FN: Dariush-Tsarukyan

Chihiro Suzuki def. Patricio Pitbull - Punch | Super RIZIN 2

Sadibou Sy def. Shan Mitchell - Spinning Wheel Kick | PFL 6 (2023)

Thank you @Valhoven for putting all those KO clips up! Also congrats on being a Admin.

Back