The 2023 Heavies' Awards - Poster of the Year (FrankieNYC Award) Nomination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize for not having a complete list, but there's NO way I could list everyone off the top of my head when it comes to the real good folks that post here. Just a collection of names that come to my mind when I think of intelligent, amusing, and/or otherwise just good people on this board

@StonedLemur @Ares Black @Arm Barbarian @HHJ @Sasha @Davidjacksonjones @Clark Rogers @BJJ4Tone @ryun253 @OldBoy91 @richardjohnson @fortheo @Kyojiro Kagenuma @Wormwood @svmr_db @Jose Beehive @Safton @Dirty Frank @Frank Kain @jitzmonkey @lsa @weaselkenievil @Substance Abuse @Jackonfire @giovanni_ss @mudrubble @KowboyMMA @Better Every Day @KazDibiase @Poirierfan @KOPPE @LiQuiD42 @Welterskelter

If I missed you, again, I'm sorry. There's so many more of you out there.

I'll run afoul of people as I move around these parts, but there's 10 times the people in my good books than people I'll actually remember being shitty.

------
Are all people who deserve a mention for their posts here the last year. I know I'm missing some as I'm tired and it's late, so I'll swing back around later to add more.
Posters like these guys keep me coming back time after time, learnt a fuck ton from all of em.
Fantastic people all.
No order, appreciate these guy postings throughout the year & past years.. just off top of my heads, lots of others too. Pouring out liquor to all the to all the ones that fell into the ban hammer.
Mmm, lots of good folks on here…
solid work from you three this year! Have a beer on me.
in no particular order. Also big ups to the Live PBP threads, they've been bangers this year.
sorry if i missed anyone! May all sherbros have a healthy and prosperous new year
Then there are so many people who I generally agree with and/or respect
This list is far from complete, there's so many good people here, sorry if I've forgot to mention you ..Appreciate you all really. Learning new things, hearing new stories, having good belly laughs every time I log in. It's been a good year.
Some more...
is solid too!
strong, steady men, chiming in calmly amidst the chaos.
Some of you continuously champion parts or athletes of the sport that are otherwise criminally-unrecognized. Others never fail to make me laugh
as well, of course, and too many other, that have already been mentionned.
each add something that makes my daily Sherdog experience a positive experience.. whether mma insight on skills/techniques, giving me a laugh, some positivity, an interesting opposing viewpoint, or just plain outlandish silliness… thank you Sherbros for another great mma year..

I just wanted to thank all of you guys. I know I don't draw a fine enough line between my being dry or just coming off like an asshole with people so there's a special brand of barbs involved whenever I'm around (and I do think that I've been a tad more vitriolic this year than past), but I can't tell you guys enough how appreciative I am to even be in your thoughts. It's funny cuz, I go through these 'halls' and see names that I recognize and watch, and I never really put it in my mind that I would be recognized by others, so it is an unexpected compliment I deeply thank you all for.

@BoxerMaurits @StonedLemur @Mohawk Banditó Are the Usman, Leon and Colby of this contention
Uuugh, I am the Colby around here, aren't I?... fuuuu

I'mma nominate @HHJ, I don't think I agree with even half of what he says and he did have that psychotic episode after Aljo won the title but the man has been here since Moses wore short pants and is still going hard and he is always delightfully light-hearted in his responses.

Not sure if he has ever won but one of these years he fookin should.
HHJ was one of the people I thought for the longest time I aligned with the most.. except when he went into psycho viking mode from time to time. That was one of them.

But speaking of people I think I usually most align with, I do want to give a special mention. But the problem is, our paths don't cross as much as I found they used to, and now there's like 5 regular users who have the Genki Sudo "WE ARE ALL ONE" avatar, so I'm having trouble Belal'ing the name.

Also, a quick list of people I immediately kicked myself for not immediately putting in my first list. (I think editing names into posts don't ping them). Still not everyone I could mention.
@PurpleStorm @Siver! @Hellowhosthat @HuskySamoan @Uncertainly Principled @jeff7b9 @Dana's Moonface @don't ask @Rank Squatter @Only Here for Attachments @Yep @2004 account @Sweater of AV @Steve Fox @Kryptt @blaseblase @Zebra Cheeks @Joshuaace @Bend NvR Break @Question @CerebralKnievel @Neck&Neck

HHJ was one of the people I thought for the longest time I aligned with the most.. except when he went into psycho viking mode from time to time. That was one of them.

But speaking of people I think I usually most align with, I do want to give a special mention. But the problem is, our paths don't cross as much as I found they used to, and now there's like 5 regular users who have the Genki Sudo "WE ARE ALL ONE" avatar, so I'm having trouble Belal'ing the name.

Also, a quick list of people I immediately kicked myself for not immediately putting in my first list. (I think editing names into posts don't ping them). Still not everyone I could mention.
@PurpleStorm @Siver! @Hellowhosthat @HuskySamoan @Uncertainly Principled @jeff7b9 @Dana's Moonface @don't ask @Rank Squatter @Only Here for Attachments @Yep @2004 account @Sweater of AV @Steve Fox @Kryptt @blaseblase @Zebra Cheeks @Joshuaace @Bend NvR Break @Question @CerebralKnievel @Neck&Neck

Much love @Mohawk Banditó, one of the truly good guys on here :cool:

I apologize for not having a complete list, but there's NO way I could list everyone off the top of my head when it comes to the real good folks that post here. Just a collection of names that come to my mind when I think of intelligent, amusing, and/or otherwise just good people on this board

@StonedLemur @Ares Black @Arm Barbarian @HHJ @Sasha @Davidjacksonjones @Clark Rogers @BJJ4Tone @ryun253 @OldBoy91 @richardjohnson @fortheo @Kyojiro Kagenuma @Wormwood @svmr_db @Jose Beehive @Safton @Dirty Frank @Frank Kain @jitzmonkey @lsa @weaselkenievil @Substance Abuse @Jackonfire @giovanni_ss @mudrubble @KowboyMMA @Better Every Day @KazDibiase @Poirierfan @KOPPE @LiQuiD42 @Welterskelter

I'll run afoul of people as I move around these parts, but there's 10 times the people in my good books than people I'll actually remember being shitty.

------

I just wanted to thank all of you guys. I know I don't draw a fine enough line between my being dry or just coming off like an asshole with people so there's a special brand of barbs involved whenever I'm around (and I do think that I've been a tad more vitriolic this year than past), but I can't tell you guys enough how appreciative I am to even be in your thoughts. It's funny cuz, I go through these 'halls' and see names that I recognize and watch, and I never really put it in my mind that I would be recognized by others, so it is an unexpected compliment I deeply thank you all for.

You're the man sir, Merry Christmas brother.

Bruh, I come here to laugh and make other people laugh if I can. Occasionally a serious topic comes up or a disagreement and I can get sucked in like anyone. But man this place has got me through some dark moments more than anyone will ever know. So if I have contributed to someone’s joy on this site it’s a huge bonus. I realize how important it can be even if it seems like an insignificant “karate” forum. Happy Holidays to you and everyone else in here.

And never do this again. I am uncomfortable with anyone saying anything remotely nice. <45>

Bruh, I come here to laugh and make other people laugh if I can. Occasionally a serious topic comes up or a disagreement and I can get sucked in like anyone. But man this place has got me through some dark moments more than anyone will ever know. So if I have contributed to someone’s joy on this site it’s a huge bonus. I realize how important it can be even if it seems like an insignificant “karate” forum. Happy Holidays to you and everyone else in here.

And never do this again. I am uncomfortable with anyone saying anything remotely nice. <45>
IMG_20230922_103757_01.gif

Reactions: Yep

------

Appreciate it man! Happy holidays to you and your family

------

Gracias, Shermano!

Got it! @NoBiasJustMMA
Just needed to sober up a bit to remember. That's my guy right there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yace
Back