The 2023 Heavies' Awards - Poster of the Year (FrankieNYC Award) Nomination Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I haven't seen GORO in a long time. I love his posts!
I'm 100% certain that he made a short appearance that year under another handle. His writing style left zero doubt, and IIRC it was when Francis was looking for another org. But he vanished just after that, I guess that Ngannou leaving the UFC sealed goro's fate in the heavies.

It’s been a great year. We have had many sacrifices for the JBG… A full site upgrade with many improvements! We’ve even had our first marriage proposal on the site!! How about that eh? … who even expected that?!?? LOL

To all the Staff and Moderators that make it happen for us day in and day out; Thank you very much for all you do! You help to provide an informative platform and a place to express our thoughts on MMA and Combat Sports. For that I am grateful!

I would also like to say, there are many great posters on the site so to name a few:

@Ares Black @Arm Barbarian @Arqueto @Bearknuckle @BFoe @Blanqa Blanqua @BoxerMaurits @BroRogan @Buff @Davidjacksonjones @El Fernas @helax @HHJ @HI SCOTT NEWMAN @Jackonfire @Killer Kadoogan @KOPPE @KowboyMMA @Kryptt @Ladder Master @Luthien @MMA4Life @Mohawk Banditó @Neck&Neck @OldBoy91 @Pancake Sprawl @Poirierfan @Paynebringer @Reach4theSky @Reign009 @ryun253 @Sixstring @Siver! @StonedLemur @TXstriker @Uniquehorseradish @WaylonMercy5150 @Young Calf Kick @Zebra Cheeks

I just wanted to take a second to appreciate you all for the insights, fight banter, shoops and shitposts that we have shared over the years. To many more! Happy Holidays and a very Happy New Year!

Lastly, to all the one’s who have fallen over the years, @bigwaverider & @FrankieNYC … Rest In Peace! You are missed and I hope you are smiling down upon us!!
Appreciate it brother. Have a great Christmas and new years. Jones bless
@Davidjacksonjones is a real quality mothafucka, he makes me laugh that bastad lol
Haha thanks, some of your posts crack me up too, especially our jokes about fighters balls

My list is going to be shorter than it should because I have this weird thing with remembering usernames.

I guess I should begin by recognizing my only follower (I'm a pretty big deal), @StonedLemur.

My favorite kinda-troll but not really a troll @Davidjacksonjones does the Lord's work.

@Ares Black, @Mohawk Banditó, @Blanqa Blanqua, @svmr_db, @jeff7b9, @HHJ, @Dirty Frank, @Poirierfan, @Get To Da Choppa (goat username), @BoxerMaurits, @Siver!, @PurpleStorm, @KazDibiase, @Hellowhosthat, @HuskySamoan - some of these I've never directly communicated with, but still enjoy their input. Others I don't even always agree with, but they're still solid even if they're wrong :)

Special shout out to the fallen, @Yrat did ok at Sherdog for a while. @ehxsur riding that Gane > Jones train right off the cliff, RIP.

Edit - already remembering people I forgot, like @giovanni_ss and @Substance Abuse for being good mods. I'm sure there will be more.

<HisEye>

My list is going to be shorter than it should because I have this weird thing with remembering usernames.

I guess I should begin by recognizing my only follower (I'm a pretty big deal), @StonedLemur.

My favorite kinda-troll but not really a troll @Davidjacksonjones does the Lord's work.

@Ares Black, @Mohawk Banditó, @Blanqa Blanqua, @svmr_db, @jeff7b9, @HHJ, @Dirty Frank, @Poirierfan, @Get To Da Choppa (goat username), @BoxerMaurits, @Siver!, @PurpleStorm, @KazDibiase, @Hellowhosthat, @HuskySamoan - some of these I've never directly communicated with, but still enjoy their input. Others I don't even always agree with, but they're still solid even if they're wrong :)

Special shout out to the fallen, @Yrat did ok at Sherdog for a while. @ehxsur riding that Gane > Jones train right off the cliff, RIP.

Edit - already remembering people I forgot, like @giovanni_ss and @Substance Abuse for being good mods. I'm sure there will be more.

<HisEye>
Thanks man appreciate the tag. Merry Christmas and happy holidays

There are quite a few and tbh too many for me to mention but off the top of my dizzy head:

@Ares Black - He’s a fan of WMMA and not afraid to say so. Word up my Canadian man!
@Paynebringer - the switcheroo himself when it comes to plat picks. 3rd degree black belt level gif game. Makes me chuckle that he thinks I’m mental ( I am).
@OldBoy91 - Never seems to say anything that isn’t well considered and usually correct! I feel he appreciates the subtleties and technical abilities of fighters that others might call boring (they are wrong!)
@HHJ - I do like his no nonsense posting style. I mean some people can be too nice
@Videer and @Flower2dPeople biased because of their posting in the cycling forum mainly: I sense that they are good eggs!
@Kryptt - obviously!
@Poirierfan - he’s from Louisiana. Does what it says on the tin. You got a problem with that???!
@StonedLemur - voted for this chief last year. Can be a bit grumpy (in a grandpa kinda way but I feel there’s vast knowledge in that very old brain of his.

Last edited:
I want to see a "most annoying/hated" poster of the year. Nobody ban worthy or anything, just the posters that piss off the most of us.
Between the keyboard warriors, know-it-alls and trolls I'm sure it wouldn't be a hotly contested poll.
This would be awesome, unfortunately there would be too much butt hurt involved and would turn into a shit show in no time flat. Lol

I want to see a "most annoying/hated" poster of the year. Nobody ban worthy or anything, just the posters that piss off the most of us.
Between the keyboard warriors, know-it-alls and trolls I'm sure it wouldn't be a hotly contested poll.
I sense this award would become one oft he most coveted awards or maybe just highly competitive. Wha my was the name of the guy who was constantly sucking off Makhachev?

There are quite a few and tbh too many for me to mention but off the top of my dizzy head:

@Ares Black - He’s a fan of WMMA and not afraid to say so. Word up my Canadian man!
@Paynebringer - the switcheroo himself when it comes to plat picks. 3rd degree black belt level gif game. Makes me chuckle that he thinks I’m mental ( I am).
@OldBoy91 - Never seems to say anything that isn’t well considered and usually correct! I feel he appreciates the subtleties and technical abilities of fighters that others might call boring (they are wrong!)
@HHJ - I do like his no nonsense posting style. I mean some people can be too nice
@Videer and @Flower2dPeople biased because of their posting in the cycling forum mainly: I sense that they are good eggs!
@Kryptt - obviously!
@Poirierfan - he’s from Louisiana. Does what it says on the tin. You got a problem with that???!
@StonedLemur - voted for this chief last year. Can be a bit grumpy (in a grandpa kinda way but I feel there’s vast knowledge in that very old brain of his.

I been trying to pull that grump back a bit, its been such a stressful year this year (Im sorry to those I might've "GRUMPED" on) lol.

You're a sweetheart for the words...maybe I'll learn something from them sir.
Much love and a Merry Christmas to you and the fam.

There's a fighter's balls joke club and I missed that ? Damn it, I'm sure it's because of time zones, I already miss everything, but testicles... it's hard to swallow. Eh, wait....

Lmfao!!!

Ok, so...Max has big balls... possibly the best balls...the most balls.....maybe even the shiniest balls.

He's the gold standard sir.
Then we rate, or make fun of everyone else's balls in comparison....or not.
Not a balls "joke" per se, but it gets funny depending on the situation I guess.

All this explaining had made it not funny actually, I'll stop now lol.

@Davidjacksonjones does this cover everything sir?....or am I over thinking this thing? Lmao

<HisEye>

I only follow you because you have a sweet ass...wait.....I just made it weird lol.

Merry Christmas sir.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back