International The anti-Greta Thunberg emerges: German teen YouTuber takes stand against "climate alarmism."

Phisher

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
https://www.seattletimes.com/nation...armism-drawing-comparisons-to-greta-thunberg/

For climate skeptics, it’s hard to compete with the youthful appeal of global phenomenon Greta Thunberg. But one U.S. think tank hopes it’s found an answer: the anti-Greta.

Naomi Seibt is a 19-year-old German who, like Greta, is blond, eloquent and European. But Seibt denounces “climate alarmism,” calls climate consciousness “a despicably anti-human ideology,” and has even deployed Greta’s now famous “How dare you?” line to take on the mainstream German media.

“She’s a fantastic voice for free markets and for climate realism,” said James Taylor, director of the Arthur B. Robinson Center for Climate and Environmental Policy at The Heartland Institute, an influential libertarian think tank in suburban Chicago that has the ear of the Trump administration.

It's like something from the Onion.

Fuck the experts opinions gimme the social media influencer's opinions instead.

her face is so weird. like she's having an allergic reaction. I have this urge to draw her. but I'm too lazy to get on my other laptop with the stylus.

“She’s a fantastic voice for free markets and for climate realism,” said James Taylor, director of the Arthur B. Robinson Center for Climate and Environmental Policy at The Heartland Institute

giphy.gif

For climate skeptics, it’s hard to compete with the youthful appeal of global phenomenon Greta Thunberg. But one U.S. think tank hopes it’s found an answer: the anti-Greta.

we, have a think tank, to combat the influence of a 16-17 year old girl.

<Huh2>

“Naomi Seibt vs. Greta Thunberg: whom should we trust?” asked Heartland in a digital video.

<Huh2>

<Huh2>

If Greta didn't have mental issues, she wouldn't be the phenomenon that she is/was.

She's a perfect "punch a Nazi" candidate. All she needs is a red hat.

No, I'm not saying she should be silenced, but someone will use a similar line of "thinking" to try and shut her up.

If Greta didn't have mental issues, she wouldn't be the phenomenon that she is/was.

keep telling yourself that.

its totally not the fact that the same charmin soft people that gave Kaepernik his renown, couldn't just take the opinions of a teenager in stride

<Huh2>
Well, most people on all sides are genuinely dumb and easily swayed by what entitled and well-funded people say in the media.

Well, most people on all sides are genuinely dumb and easily swayed by what entitled and well-funded people say in the media.

not everyone is so soft that they make a teenage girl their new gimmick.

excuse me honey

Greta has this odd thing called science that she follows. I mean it's nice that the oil industry and massive carbon polluters have their star to lead a misinformation campaign.

Stupid NASA keeps showing photos from space that backs Greta's beliefs but yeah go and run with a German girl whose science is sketchy at best to down right false but whatever.

I like that it's February in my state Massachusetts and I am wearing a tee shirt in 60 to 70 degree weather. So bring on that global warming. I don't really feel for the floods in Texas and Florida because these states lead in the notion climate change is a hoax.

Today my weather going to likely top 60 degrees and no snow to be found I love it. Yeah summer will be great down south and record rainfall expected this summer.

"
Twenty percent of the snow on one ice cap in Antarctica melted during a recent heat wave, and satellite images captured the dramatic before and after effects.

The melting happened between Feb. 4 and 13, a period that included what is likely the highest temperature ever recorded on the continent, according to a news release from NASA's Earth Observatory."

https://weather.com/science/environment/news/2020-02-21-snow-melt-antarctica-heat-wave-nasa-images

Back