International The anti-Greta Thunberg emerges: German teen YouTuber takes stand against "climate alarmism."

Stolen by the “grown ups” yeah.

Yep. And here they are.

0*5FUryHmoTtRc87sA.jpg

I don't give a shit what either of them have to say about anything.

I don't really care what either one of them have to say about it.

For climate skeptics, it’s hard to compete with the youthful appeal of global phenomenon Greta Thunberg. But one U.S. think tank hopes it’s found an answer: the anti-Greta.

we, have a think tank, to combat the influence of a 16-17 year old girl.

<Huh2>

They aren't the ones inviting her to give UN speeches and naming her TIME person of the year.
Why has climate science become politicized by the right is the big question?

What do they have to gain by opposing it? I don't get it. Yea, there are the coal miners and the oil rig workers, and the local economies dependent on the energy industry in general. You'd expect these guys opposing climate change science to be localized in those areas. But remarkably, it's split along ideological lines no matter where you are whether you believe in climate change. So you have conservative schmucks in places like Florida who have strong views about this stuff. Why?

It makes no sense, other than these guys falling for conservative propaganda.

I don't have a problem instituting climate change reforms even if the scientists are erring in their predictions. We want to move to renewable energy as a society ANYWAY. It's in the best interests of everyone to move to sustainable practices in the long term. And ask the people who live right next door to the fracking wells, to the natural gas storage fields, to the oil fields, to the refineries, to the coal plants, wouldn't you prefer to NOT have to live next to that crap?

So you people who are against climate science and feel strongly about it, WHY?
What a ridiculous post. Lol at "politicized by the right". GTFO.

Yeah, why would some conservative shmuck in Florida care about a $90 trillion proposal that seems to focus more on social justice than the weather and would torpedo the economy of a country that only has 13% of emissions to begin with?

Haha look at all these leftist getting triggered by a little girl

amirite?

So long as her Dad and an Indian student aren't writing articles and scripts for her, she's far more legit.

Greta has this odd thing called science that she follows. I mean it's nice that the oil industry and massive carbon polluters have their star to lead a misinformation campaign.

Stupid NASA keeps showing photos from space that backs Greta's beliefs but yeah go and run with a German girl whose science is sketchy at best to down right false but whatever.

I like that it's February in my state Massachusetts and I am wearing a tee shirt in 60 to 70 degree weather. So bring on that global warming. I don't really feel for the floods in Texas and Florida because these states lead in the notion climate change is a hoax.

Today my weather going to likely top 60 degrees and no snow to be found I love it. Yeah summer will be great down south and record rainfall expected this summer.

"
Twenty percent of the snow on one ice cap in Antarctica melted during a recent heat wave, and satellite images captured the dramatic before and after effects.

The melting happened between Feb. 4 and 13, a period that included what is likely the highest temperature ever recorded on the continent, according to a news release from NASA's Earth Observatory."

https://weather.com/science/environment/news/2020-02-21-snow-melt-antarctica-heat-wave-nasa-images

Get Greta alone and ask her some questions.

She's a mindless puppet. It's not even open to question now, it was proven that she wasn't writing the articles credited to her. It's like any activist putting up a kid to be their mouthpiece.

This conversation definitely needed more teenagers on social media to step up and give their 2 cents.

Climate "realists" is what they call themselves now. Just like a flat earth "truther". Talk about attempting to spin the narratives with doublespeak.

Btw, I find Greta Tuneberg to be an incredibly grating prop, however that doesn't change the fact that climate change is very real.

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation...armism-drawing-comparisons-to-greta-thunberg/

For climate skeptics, it’s hard to compete with the youthful appeal of global phenomenon Greta Thunberg. But one U.S. think tank hopes it’s found an answer: the anti-Greta.

Naomi Seibt is a 19-year-old German who, like Greta, is blond, eloquent and European. But Seibt denounces “climate alarmism,” calls climate consciousness “a despicably anti-human ideology,” and has even deployed Greta’s now famous “How dare you?” line to take on the mainstream German media.

“She’s a fantastic voice for free markets and for climate realism,” said James Taylor, director of the Arthur B. Robinson Center for Climate and Environmental Policy at The Heartland Institute, an influential libertarian think tank in suburban Chicago that has the ear of the Trump administration.

Imagine being ignorant enough to be a "climate change skeptic" in 2020.

The world needs ditch diggers, too, I suppose.

They aren't the ones inviting her to give UN speeches and naming her TIME person of the year.

they're absolutely the ones that got her TIME person of the year.

some kid had enough going at 16 that she was honored with a chance to speak at the UN. you don't have to listen or care. i didn't. you say hey good job kid, stay in school, then roll on.

This girl should be in science class , maybe Greta could tutor her ...

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation...armism-drawing-comparisons-to-greta-thunberg/

Naomi Seibt is a 19-year-old German who, like Greta, is blond, eloquent and European. But Seibt denounces “climate alarmism,” calls climate consciousness “a despicably anti-human ideology,” and has even deployed Greta’s now famous “How dare you?” line to take on the mainstream German media.

“She’s a fantastic voice for free markets and for climate realism,” said James Taylor, director of the Arthur B. Robinson Center for Climate and Environmental Policy at The Heartland Institute, an influential libertarian think tank in suburban Chicago that has the ear of the Trump administration.

we, have a think tank, to combat the influence of a 16-17 year old girl.

<Huh2>

Just wait until the right decides to counter Kid President

She looks 11-13. You're gross.
For real, she has a weird face for a 19 year old. She looks like she should be selling me cookies, by the 4th or 5th time I'd be disgusted with myself.

Btw, I find Greta Tuneberg to be an incredibly grating prop, however that doesn't change the fact that climate change is very real.

Yes. Which most people wouldn't dispute. We had an Ice Age, not caused by factories and smog.

The issue is what can realistically be done. Greta wants zero emissions. That means society simply stops functioning. No person saying this should be taken seriously by anyone, much less these scientists.

And she entirely focuses on Europe and the West. Any person who wants to be taken seriously would be focusing on Asia. Because nothing the West does matters a damn if Asia isn't committed to lowering emissions. This climate change movement in the end is only strengthening China, India and Japan at the expense of the West. That ain't good.

Imagine being ignorant enough to be a "climate change skeptic" in 2020.

The world needs ditch diggers, too, I suppose.

Imagine promoting a mentally ill teenager talking about zero emissions.

Back