International The anti-Greta Thunberg emerges: German teen YouTuber takes stand against "climate alarmism."

LOL!!! And here it is. This guy is doing exactly what Greta was intended to be....a puppet. "Oh noes, you can't criticize her because she has autism. Derpa Derpa derp!!!". First of all, she's almost an adult, so you can throw that "she's a kid" bullshit out the window. Second of all, if she's going to wade into politics and stand for something that seems to be polarized, then she's fair game. One of the cringiest fucking things I've ever seen was her fake crying and "how dare you" speech. Good hell was that cringy.

But it's interesting to see how people like you are so easily influenced and indoctrinated with your "she has autism, don't criticize her" shtick.

Don't be that guy, bro. Just don't.

A child with autism, much like yourself.

bork1}

I don't see where she is saying we shouldn't have care and respect for the earth.

She probably believes in caring and respecting the earth, but I do think the people critical of Greta Thunberg could do a much better job at making it painfully clear they want what is best for the planet and all of the beings that inhabit it. A good example of someone who was certainly no friend of the smug Left, but revered nature is Richard Weaver. Here is an example of his writing:

[T]he attitude toward nature…is a matter so basic to one’s outlook or philosophy of life that we often tend to overlook it. Yet if we do overlook it, we find there are many things coming later which we cannot straighten out…. [N]ature [is] something which is given and something which is finally inscrutable. This is equivalent to saying that…it [is] the creation of a Creator. There follows from this attitude an important deduction, which is that man has a duty of veneration toward nature and the natural. Nature is not something to be fought, conquered and changed according to any human whims. To some extent, of course, it has to be used. But what man should seek in regard to nature is not —a complete dominion but a modus vivendi that is, a manner of living together, a coming to terms with something that was here before our time and will be here after it. The important corollary of this doctrine, it seems to me, is that man is not the lord of creation, with an omnipotent will, but a part of creation, with limitations, who ought to observe a decent humility in the face of the inscrutable.

sources: https://theimaginativeconservative.org/2016/05/richard-weaver-conservatism-piety.html
https://www.abbevilleinstitute.org/blog/the-southern-tradition/

God this is cringy. People on the right laughed at idiots on the left for propping up a brain dead child. And now its all been reversed.

God this is cringy. People on the right laughed at idiots on the left for propping up a brain dead child. And now its all been reversed.

It will be interesting to see what kind of vitriol and hatred the hypocrite lefties will spew at this German teenager. Lefties were quick to point out that Greta ought not to be mocked, but it seems like the standards of behaviour set by the left only applies when convenient.

Yea, I don’t put much weight in the opinions of teen girls.

It will be interesting to see what kind of vitriol and hatred the hypocrite lefties will spew at this German teenager. Lefties were quick to point out that Greta ought not to be mocked, but it seems like the standards of behaviour set by the left only applies when convenient.
Lol, oh yeah thats true. Leftwingers forced mini AOC to shut down her youtube because of all the death threats she received.

Why has climate science become politicized by the right is the big question?

What do they have to gain by opposing it? I don't get it. Yea, there are the coal miners and the oil rig workers, and the local economies dependent on the energy industry in general. You'd expect these guys opposing climate change science to be localized in those areas. But remarkably, it's split along ideological lines no matter where you are whether you believe in climate change. So you have conservative schmucks in places like Florida who have strong views about this stuff. Why?

It makes no sense, other than these guys falling for conservative propaganda.

I don't have a problem instituting climate change reforms even if the scientists are erring in their predictions. We want to move to renewable energy as a society ANYWAY. It's in the best interests of everyone to move to sustainable practices in the long term. And ask the people who live right next door to the fracking wells, to the natural gas storage fields, to the oil fields, to the refineries, to the coal plants, wouldn't you prefer to NOT have to live next to that crap?

So you people who are against climate science and feel strongly about it, WHY?
Oil and Gas industries made sure climate change became a part of the Great and Holy Culture War for their own financial benefit. Anything else is just overcomplicating things.

Back