Media The Champ has a Name - and the UFC knows that too šŸ˜

When did he fight a desert favorite? Never, they didnā€™t exist in his time.
OH NO NOT THE DESERT FAVORITE

how many times on the brazil cards were the fights stacked in the brazilians favor??

(not including the fans beating the foreign fighters on the way to the ring)

Khabib went to brazil to fight Tavares and even had the "if Sambo was easy it would be BJJ" shirt on to piss the crowd off.

You dont see him crying and making babies about it!

Thats the difference.

The champ has a name and it's Islam Makhachev. Cry harder.
resouces-have-a-name.gif

This "Champ has a name" nonsense is sooooooo tired.
I've never seen a champion get so thoroughly dominated in a fight and his fan base still think that he is somehow the uncrowned king. So weird to me.
It's not like he lost a split decision. He TAPPED. He is no longer the champ.
<{MingNope}>

Anyone else starting to believe that team Eagle might be a little afraid of Charles at this point? Calling out and trying to fight anyone else or hiding behind happy scales and home territory advantages.
Never really believed that. Always thought it was dumb and mostly peddled by sour Oliveira fans who couldn't handle the better fighter won that night in UFC 280. I don't believe anyone is ducking but you seem so desperate to call someone a duck so let's find out. If I were to call someone a duck it would probably be the guy that rejected the instant rematch, pulled out a week before the rematch and not the guy that showed up.

Itā€™s a reference to the quote oliveiraā€™s team gave after he fought gaethje. He lost the belt due to missing weight by half a pound due to error committed by the scale used to prepare before the official weigh in. It was meant to declare that he is still the best fighter in the division regardless.

That scale was replaced in the morning. He had all morning and a second attempt to cut that 0.5lb

Teams carry their own scales (plural) that are calibrated with a safety margin in mind.

Oliveira wasn't making weight in any case. He was at the press conference talking about how he put on more size but people conveniently forgot all about that.

Never really believed that. Always thought it was dumb and mostly peddled by sour Oliveira fans who couldn't handle the better fighter won that night in UFC 280. I don't believe anyone is ducking but you seem so desperate to call someone a duck so let's find out. If I were to call someone a duck it would probably be the guy that rejected the instant rematch, pulled out a week before the rematch and not the guy that showed up.
Nice, seems you havenā€™t read today these claims from other threads on Sherdog at all.

So is this thread like the Masked Singer where we just say stupid names for the fun of it and pretend everyone doesn't know the champ's name is Jon Jones?
No, this is the thread where we read the posts and respond to them instead of pretending the thread is about Jon Jones, because it isn't.

Then again, I shouldn't expect sense from a Jones fan. Or reading comprehension for that matter.

Lol when did he go into enemy territory outside of Franklin? Man lives in America.
Man is Brazilian. He lived in America only from 2009 onwards and was still considered Brazilian. His kids didn't come over until 2012, and he didn't get citizenship until 2019.

Andy's reign was 2006-2013. He was absolutely traveling into enemy territory all the time. Come off it.

Pretty embarrassing post tbh. Down playing your boys best win like this and then defending his hiding in the desert.
I'd be more inclined to believe Islam just wants to fight anywhere, and it's the UFC that tries to save him for those events.

That scale was replaced in the morning. He had all morning and a second attempt to cut that 0.5lb

Teams carry their own scales (plural) that are calibrated with a safety margin in mind.

Oliveira wasn't making weight in any case. He was at the press conference talking about how he put on more size but people conveniently forgot all about that.
The amount of backflips people do about that event is insane. It's not like it's the UFC's official scale. People use the hotel scale, and that's why, like you said, fighters bring their own. And it didn't throw off everyone like it seemed to with Charles. Only the incredibly unprofessional Norma missed weight with him.

I've seen people pretend that everyone's weight being .5 is weird, despite the fact they were all .5 under the cap, so that would seem to imply everyone had an easier time cutting than a normal card.

Islam ain't from the UAE fam
Nah son, we just don't get it.

For those new to the boards in case you didn't know... the OP has a longgggg history of fighter bashing Muslim fighters and actually brings up their religion as his reasoning quite a bit.

He isn't a Charles fan lol.

Back