Media The Champ has a Name - and the UFC knows that too šŸ˜

Who gets to fight where they want to fight? who? If everyone got to fight where they wanted to then no fights would be made. Someone has to get screwed.
Maybe the fighters should openly also ask for certain venues when they make their ā€œagreementsā€ to fight on tweeter?
Like here both guys could have asked for MSG, Vegas or whatever place, if they really wanted that fight to happen there.

Actually Dustin tried that lately with no responseā€¦

Maybe the fighters should openly also ask for certain venues when they make their ā€œagreementsā€ to fight on tweeter?
Like here both guys could have asked for MSG, Vegas or whatever place, if they really wanted that fight to happen there.

Actually Dustin tried that lately with no responseā€¦
Well

If you are trying to make money and get fights, being particular about venues is putting HUGE walls up between you and your money. They can just call and offer the fight to the guy who doesnt give a fuck about where or when the fight is. And Who is to say both guys want the same shit???

Well

If you are trying to make money and get fights, being particular about venues is putting HUGE walls up between you and your money. They can just call and offer the fight to the guy who doesnt give a fuck about where or when the fight is. And Who is to say both guys want the same shit???
Well in this case if the abudhabiweight champ wants/wanted to fight no matter where and his opponent wants to fight anywhere but desert, it seems quite simple?

But if both guys only want to fight at home turf, then itā€™s getting a little more complicated.

Well in this case if the abudhabiweight champ wants/wanted to fight no matter where and his opponent wants to fight anywhere but desert, it seems quite simple?

But if both guys only want to fight at home turf, then itā€™s getting a little more complicated.

UFC loves to put on big cards in Abu Dhabi and they need to put their top muslim guys on it.

What, should Islam say NO UFC YOU ARE WRONG. I HATE IT THERE. IF GO THERE XTIANITYIZAWSUM316 ON SHERDOG WILL BE MAD IF I GO.

If Chucky Olives wants to be particular about where he wants to fight that is HIS PROBLEM.

Itā€™s a reference to the quote oliveiraā€™s team gave after he fought gaethje. He lost the belt due to missing weight by half a pound due to error committed by the scale used to prepare before the official weigh in. It was meant to declare that he is still the best fighter in the division regardless.
Against Dariush he said the same thing "The champ has a name and it's Oliveira"...

He's just delusional, we have a fighter pretending that he's the best while preferring to fight McGregor instead of the champ...

Last edited:
UFC loves to put on big cards in Abu Dhabi and they need to put their top muslim guys on it.

What, should Islam say NO UFC YOU ARE WRONG. I HATE IT THERE. IF GO THERE XTIANITYIZAWSUM316 ON SHERDOG WILL BE MAD IF I GO.

If Chucky Olives wants to be particular about where he wants to fight that is HIS PROBLEM.
Why you are being such a blockhead? šŸ˜‚
He is basically whining to us fans, that he wants to fight so and so often, but when time comes to book a fight he is injured or having a holiday and declines the fight offers.

I would say the best finish reel from any fighter in mma history.

You're replying to someone who is a Muslim hater, you can't really reason with him even when the answer as to why Makhachev fights in UAE or any other Muslim fighters for that matter is plain to see. The UFC is just smart and its a business. He doesn't understand that.

Reactions: HHJ
Thats not fair to Charles. It's just his style. Very high risk. When you are finishing guys in the first and 2nd, thats not squeaking by. Squeaking by would be like split decision wins or something.
I mean he's come fucking close to being finished.
I agree, credit to him if you just keep winning that way, it's no longer luck, but he actually got finished by Islam.

I mean he's come fucking close to being finished.
I agree, credit to him if you just keep winning that way, it's no longer luck, but he actually got finished by Islam.
No doubt he did.

But we cant forget him getting Chandler, Porier, Dariush...and Gaethje out of there the way he did also. He tapped em out,knocked em out. Dude is a very dangerous guy.

..yes?

1:00 Cheers go to boos and remain boos through his entire intro. Look at Silva's face responding to them. That's even where we get this famous picture from, people booing him.
ufc_117_anderson_silva_trouble.0.0.jpg

Then less than 20 seconds into the fight, "Let's go Forrest" chants start up. Anderson had fights where they were both cheered, like Marquardt in his first defense. But here, they didn't just have a favorite, but were actively against Silva. What do you want them to do? Throw jars of piss into the cage?

Sure, once the fight was underway, people started groaning at the inaction and cheered action, but that's what fight fans do. Same as the crowd in Abu Dhabi reacted to Charles opening up with the jumping kick and clasping the triangle. If you're gonna compare the way people cheered Anderson's success during the fight, then maybe Charles should have had any actual success in his fight so they could be compared. It's not like the "dessert" crowd hates fighters for winning over their own (as long as it's without controversy). One of the early fight islands in quarantine had a co-main of Lazzez, a guy from an Arabic middle eastern country, vs Warlley Alves who the crowd similarly booed, but who was cheered and clapped throughout his finish, win announcement, and into his interview.

Point is, the crowd was wholly against Silva. Crowds have certainly gotten more boisterous and bigger since Silva's time, but let's not act like fighters today are more hard done by crowds enough that it more negatively affects their ability to win or lose.

Lol we arenā€™t watching the same videos. Crowd was wholly against Silva? Itā€™s a crowd in Philly. Is Forrest a hometown fighter from that area?

Last edited:
Lol we arenā€™t watching the same videos. Crowd was wholly against Silva? Itā€™s a crowd in Philly. Is Forrest a hometown fighter from that area?
I'm sure we're seeing the same video, I'm just not for we're both hearing it. They are cheering ā€Šagainst Silva. That's not arguable. Forrest is an American in America fighting a Brazilian. He's certainly more of a hometown fighter than Islam is from Abu Dhabi.

13 minutes full of finishing sequences, from one of the most exciting fighters, if not the most exciting in the UFC history!

Anyone else starting to believe that team Eagle might be a little afraid of Charles at this point? Calling out and trying to fight anyone else or hiding behind happy scales and home territory advantages.

Charles is the poster boy for what MMA should be

I'm sure we're seeing the same video, I'm just not for we're both hearing it. They are cheering ā€Šagainst Silva. That's not arguable. Forrest is an American in America fighting a Brazilian. He's certainly more of a hometown fighter than Islam is from Abu Dhabi.
Lol you are trolling. Islam hangs out with the crown prince of the UAE. Islam sets up his camps for free at the largest sports complex in the world. He also received an offer to represent the country. For fuckā€™s sake Islam is in a tourist promotional video for the country.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stor
Back