Opinion The end of the War on Islam

If you're familiar with the Bible you know that Islam will always be at war with its neighbors. There is no end. Until THE end.

Wahabis are in bed with Arab secularists, what rock are you living under?

Are you talking about the MBS regime and how it is behaving now? Because for decades the Saudis and the US opposed Arab secular Nationalists, like Nasser for example.

Now a days MBS is feigning a more tolerant Saudi Arabia, that does not mean he is in bed with the secularists, he just wants Western support and wants to follow a Dubai-lite economic model because he wants Saudi to have other sources of revenue than just the Haj and Oil.

I don't have a horse in the race, a simple yes or no would suffice.
Why would I answer such a boneheaded question? Why would you even ask me that?

Are you a refugee from the Heavies? If so, go back please.
This has been discussed to death, FGM has no basis in Islam, it’s cultural. There are Christian countries that do it, and there are plenty of Muslims countries that don’t. In Northern Somalia the project to eradicate FGM is using Imams to tell people it’s Un Islamic.
You shouldn't even have answered, that feeds into the framing. His question is as cringe as asking a random American if they support torture.

Why would I answer such a boneheaded question? Why would you even ask me that?

Are you a refugee from the Heavies? If so, go back please.

You shouldn't even have answered, that feeds into the framing. His question is as cringe as asking a random American if they support torture.

So you're trolling and race baiting. As a moderator.

So you're trolling and race baiting. As a moderator.
Race baiting? Trolling? I think the guy asking me about FGM when it has precious little to do with the thread topic is the troll. For real though, why would you ask me that question? Do you honestly think there's a chance I'd answer "yes of course!" or something along those lines? Word of advice, when you meet a Muslim irl for the first time definitely don't ask them that question.

Race baiting? Trolling? I think the guy asking me about FGM when it has precious little to do with the thread topic is the troll. For real though, why would you ask me that question? Do you honestly think there's a chance I'd answer "yes of course!" or something along those lines? Word of advice, when you meet a Muslim irl for the first time definitely don't ask them that question.

sv0SWJS.jpg

I'd say it was a temporary taming of Islam.

You started a thread about the public perception of Islam. I gave you an example of something used in 'islamic' countries that weighs heavy on 'public perception'. You refuse to just say whether you agree with the practice or not.

I guess compared to the religion of “woke”, (LGBTQ /BLM, drag queen story time, give hormone blockers to your kids, pro-vaccine passport type people) ... Islam is not that bad.
Yep. The west decided they needed a worse alternative to Islam and made a monster.

You started a thread about the public perception of Islam. I gave you an example of something used in 'islamic' countries that weighs heavy on 'public perception'. You refuse to just say whether you agree with the practice or not.
You presented an accusatory question that has virtually nothing to do with the War on Terror and is only marginally related to the discourse that cropped up around it so yeah I didn't take it seriously at all. Might as well have asked me if I support 9/11 or the Holocaust. Which, speaking of, do you support the Holocaust and/or 9/11? A simple yes or no would suffice.
The fact that they all lead with an anti-immigrant stance is a dead give away. Umberto Eco laid it all out years ago.
https://flashbak.com/umberto-eco-lists-the-14-common-features-of-the-eternal-fascist-383481/
In his 1995 essay Ur-Fascism, Umberto Eco looked at how “fascist” lost its meaning when it became “used by American radicals thirty years later to refer to a cop who did not approve of their smoking habits”. He wonders “why the word fascism became a synecdoche, that is, a word that could be used for different totalitarian movements”.
<BC1>

MBS has cracked down on the Saudi clerics funding jihadist imperialism. There was a certain level if violence that western leaders were willing to tolerate, and ISIS went so far past the rubicon that the status quo ended.

My 2 cents
True. As much flak as he gets MBS has actually been much better for Islam than many want to admit. He reigned in a lot of excesses in SA both religious and secular.

You presented an accusatory question that has virtually nothing to do with the War on Terror and is only marginally related to the discourse that cropped up around it so yeah I didn't take it seriously at all. Might as well have asked me if I support 9/11 or the Holocaust. Which, speaking of, do you support the Holocaust and/or 9/11? A simple yes or no would suffice.

<BC1>

I'd be pretty fucking terrified if I was a female in some of these 'islamic' countries. What 'terror' are you referring to. Answer the question. And no I don't support the holocaust, islamocaust or any caust.

Back