Movies THE FLASH (Biggest Flop in Warner Bros.' History; Dragonlord's Review)

If you have seen THE FLASH, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
If James Gunn were a smart man he would have said the Michael Keaton Batman Beyond project was contingent on the success of The Flash (rather than saying it had already been scrapped beforehand).

WB/Gunn: Now Michael, if this shit movie we threw money at you to star in for 15 minutes doesn't do well......no more Batman for you!

Also WB/Gunn: Hey Andy...Want to direct the next Batman movie?

WB/Gunn: Now Michael, if this shit movie we threw money at you to star in for 15 minutes doesn't do well......no more Batman for you!
Instead, he said no more Batman even before the film was released. It was going to be "no Batman" regardless.

Last edited:
Fzy4heFaAAAEJU1

Remember when people acted like David Zaslav was this "brilliant anti-woke businessman" when he cancelled ton of projects many falsely called "woke"?

Well, between this and allowing Velma to be produced, that view has aged like already spoiled milk.

This is really bad hindsight because it was a good movie that just didn't get traction.

I saw they already pulled the plug on most theater showings. It only lasted 2 weeks at my local theater and they brought back Transformers instead.

This is really bad hindsight because it was a good movie that just didn't get traction.

Maybe they shouldn't hire non-binary, psychopathic women abusers to star in their movies? They should also not delay those movies, past the point that anyone might give a shit. They should also not have a completely confusing blueprint for their movies, where nobody knows what meta franchise they should even get invested in, because it might be cancelled and rebooted.

I don't use this term much, but this whole thing was a dumpster fire defined. Nothing was gonna save it.

Maybe they shouldn't hire non-binary, psychopathic women abusers to star in their movies? They should also not delay those movies, past the point that anyone might give a shit. They should also not have a completely confusing blueprint for their movies, where nobody knows what meta franchise they should even get invested in, because it might be cancelled and rebooted.

I don't use this term much, but this whole thing was a dumpster fire defined. Nothing was gonna save it.

One way to give it a chance at least is to not have people's word of mouth after exiting in the theater in week one be...

...it ends where we're in a universe with George Clooney's Batman.

That's Spaceballs / Loaded Weapon / Hot Shots Part Deux type shit.

One way to give it a chance at least is to not have people's word of mouth after exiting in the theater in week one be...

- I think Clooney coming back is good. He obviously can play a great Batman if given the chance. Would like to Afleck to stay around, and Afleck should get the chance to direct his own Batman movie.

One thing those movies lack, that for some reason favored BUrton, was that even with the limitation of the heavy suit, back inthe day, the fightswerentas awful. Batman Forever had a good fight in the bank scene, Dawn of Justice had a good fight, Nolan was just cringe. So if they get the great stunt team from Kamen Riders:

Theres no excuse why those fights in today movies are so bad, when fan movies on youtube can make compeling fight scenes.

- The leader actor was weak. He didn't remember Flash in nothing, and Flash is one of the most know heroes.

- I think Clooney coming back is good. He obviously can play a great Batman if given the chance.

Clooney coming back is just a way to close your movie by saying don't worry, none of this was serious.

Could he play a great Batman if given the chance? I don't know. Maybe. I have never seen him play a great Batman or Bruce Wayne type character that I can recall. He seems to be at his best in things like Up in the Air or The Descendants.

With the Batman movie he did do...he seemed to be under direction and also attempting to do something kind of like Robert Downey Jr.'s Iron Man in tone and delivery. It was basically a pretty bad Iron Man.

- The leader actor was weak. He didn't remember Flash in nothing, and Flash is one of the most know heroes.

You know what I really hate? I actually think he's a damn good actor. At least in the sparse amount of stuff I've seen him in. "We Need To Talk About Kevin"...dude was outstanding. I'd give him an Oscar nom for that shit. Perfect performance.

Unfortunately, you can't fix crazy, and it's hard to work with it.

<6>

Clooney coming back is just a way to close your movie by saying don't worry, none of this was serious.

Could he play a great Batman if given the chance? I don't know. Maybe. I have never seen him play a great Batman or Bruce Wayne type character that I can recall. He seems to be at his best in things like Up in the Air or The Descendants.

With the Batman movie he did do...he seemed to be under direction and also attempting to do something kind of like Robert Downey Jr.'s Iron Man in tone and delivery. It was basically a pretty bad Iron Man.

- The actors didn't had freedom to act, and Joel Schumacher didn't had freedom to direct. The producers had al the control on Batman and Robin.
Schumacher could do a great movie if given freedom. Clooney wasn't Clooney yet back in that time.

You know what I really hate? I actually think he's a damn good actor. At least in the sparse amount of stuff I've seen him in. "We Need To Talk About Kevin"...dude was outstanding. I'd give him an Oscar nom for that shit. Perfect performance.

Unfortunately, you can't fix crazy, and it's hard to work with it.

Does a sociopath having a good performance as a sociopathic character really make one a “damn good actor” though?

On pace to be more disastrous than Black Adam.

Said it before, and I'll say it again. Rather than have EM play two different Barry's, they should have had Grant Gustin as the second. It would have given the movie a star that's already beloved by the fandom and had a clean public image the PR team could flaunt as a counterweight to Miller's, as well as drawing in Arrowverse fans who miss the defunct platform.

Would it have saved the movie? Doubtfully, as Miller was always intended to be at the forefront of it, but it would have helped.

Sold out showing I just got back from. It was packed with families for an 1050 am showing.
Gave it a 9 on second viewing. Keaton and supergirl are awesome. I loved Ezra playing two different barrys. Cgi was only bad on the babies.

Back