The Frode post good kung fu thread.

Yes there are some silly fantacy moves that would only work in a Bourne movie. But there is also some good stuff here as well.

70/30 ratio of good vs bad techniques imo

Yes there are some silly fantacy moves that would only work in a Bourne movie. But there is also some good stuff here as well.

70/30 ratio of good vs bad techniques imo

Yeah, the main issue with that isn't necessarily the moves itself, it's more the philosophy of it. IRL you shouldn't really be doing moves that assume your opponent does a specific thing. It still looks cool, but it makes sense as to why it disappears when they start doing sanda

Yeah, the main issue with that isn't necessarily the moves itself, it's more the philosophy of it. IRL you shouldn't really be doing moves that assume your opponent does a specific thing. It still looks cool, but it makes sense as to why it disappears when they start doing sanda

Yeah. I mean.. there is really just a few complete useless techniques in the martsl arts world. Dont get me wrong.. there are techniques that could never work. But most have a function.

Question is: do you train them in a realistic / live way?

And do you have a back up plan if the technique dont work or if you miss..

Back up plan would be: you are still in balance to flow to the next best thing. And you are protected by a good fight stance and timing/distanse.

Pretty mediocre technique to be honest...but good athlete.

Time stamped.

<CanYouSeeMeNow>Ha,ha, ha... people quoting philosophy now....

Yan lei a fucking badass tank. And a sweet guy

I posted these in the first reply :p

But yes Yan Lei is cool, both him and Yan Xing taught at the same school in London as it happens. They've gone their own seperate ways now and I think Yanzi may be the last person at London Shaolin who was at the temple himself

Haha sorry man. I should have seen that.

But yes. This is one of many reason why i like (real) kung fu. You are very free to go your own way. Yan Lei is a fighter at heart. Heng yi says that (his) kung fu got 0% to do with fighting.

Both are right. And i respect both ways.

Haha sorry man. I should have seen that.

But yes. This is one of many reason why i like (real) kung fu. You are very free to go your own way. Yan Lei is a fighter at heart. Heng yi says that (his) kung fu got 0% to do with fighting.

Both are right. And i respect both ways.

Yan Lei has been criticised for his style looking like muay thai and he's like 'yeah but it works'

Yan Lei has been criticised for his style looking like muay thai and he's like 'yeah but it works'

Boss answer. I still do the Tao lu from wushu and taji and qigong as well. So i see no reason to why people would talk down on his kung fu.

Even the Beijing sanda team cross train in muay thai, taekwon-do, and wrestling ffs.

Not really pure kung fu related. But he talk about mental fitness

Fight Commentary Breakdowns translated an interview with one of the first Sanda fighters which provides an in depth background on the circumstances that led to the foundation of Sanda.

Last edited:
He translated a video where several names within the martial arts scene in China discuss the issues within the CMA community.

Back