The Frode post good kung fu thread.

True. But if only fighting skills is what a person is after. Go to the three Kings:

- MMA
- boxing
- thai / kickboxing

agreed, we forgot wrestling, and bjj.

Theres so much to fighting competitively though and so much of it is mental. Meditation can even be considered a martial art or a form of training, maybe those words dont best describe what Im trying to say but, I believe meditation can help you be a better fighter as well. Even dancing can. Prince Naseem obviously danced some type of "traditional" dancing, clearly evident in his style. Yoga will make you a better fighter too, theres pretty much too much to do or that can be done, to do in a lifetime....note to self, enroll in yoga, arabic dancing, ballet, and zumba.

<Moves>

My Taichi teacher, didn’t like the American perception of Taichi and often referred to it as shadow boxing or Chinese boxing.
He said forms were nice for stretching and health, but real learning requires a partner and opponent.

My Taichi teacher, didn’t like the American perception of Taichi and often referred to it as shadow boxing or Chinese boxing.
He said forms were nice for stretching and health, but real learning requires a partner and opponent.

Real taiji is a real martial art with more grappling then striking

Maybe
We worked on both, But the grappling we did was more similar to aikido than judo. More wrist/ elbow/ shoulder manipulations and some throws and we did very little going to the floor with your opponent.

a

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-24_15-12-49.png
    upload_2020-5-24_15-12-49.png
    407 bytes · Views: 3

Simple statement on what is kung fu. Skills you have put some serious effort into.

I wanna ask the typical skinnyfat kung fu nerd with the ponytail behind his weak hairline, doing his fancy flowery forms...

Do you really have kung fu?

Floyd Mayweather have it. Saenchai have it.

So its your own personal applications from the forms, they way you yourself found out? Or is it the applications that the your teacher/school taught you?

Real taiji is a real martial art with more grappling then striking

Nope. I have extensive experience in Tai Chi up to so called Grand Masters and you can even look up competitive Tai Chi world champs and its just complete and utter dog shit as far as fighting ability. There is no grappling, just cooperative dance moves.

I liked it for a time and to relax its still great. But its more about cultural heritage in China than being a MA.

But you need a better filter. A filter to knowing what posters and persons you dont need to listen to. Or answer to.

Trying to discuss anything serious with stanclaker is a waste of your time and energy.
<HanaKimura01>Interesting how shortly following my series of post on Judo philosophy, other MMA blogs began discussing same. To the recent Joe Rogan... no slice of $100 mil,,, here just snide comments.<HanaKimura01>

Back