The hilarity that is the Crypto.com payout

Learn to do something people value and you are never poor.

Mma career is tough af. For every conor there are shitload of shamrocks.

Woke up this morning to see that Bitcoin is down below $20,000. The first time in two years. Then I remembered the Crypto.com deal and the bonuses for 3 fighters each PPV.

Since April for UFC 273 BTC has fallen 50%. Khamzat got the 1st place prize of $30,000 which has now already depreciated in half over the course of only 3 months. Francis Ngannou reportedly got paid half of his $600,000 showing at UFC 270 paid in Bitcoin. If he kept all that in BTC to this day, just 5 months later, he would have turned $300,000 into $170,000.

So, how are all these athletes and organizations that tried jumping on the Bitcoin Bandwagon feeling right about now? I started dabbling after the new year this year with small numbers and I've been mining a very minimal amount which I'm considering just dropping all together. Bitcoin was sold to everyone by the yes men of crypto to be the solution against fiat currencies and hedge against inflation, the stock market, politics, and all that crap. The S&P is only down 25% while BTC is down 50%.
I wouldnt be wanting Crypto at its all time high like it was recently.

Its actually a perfect to be purchasing Crypto

Survivorship bias is real and applies to lots of areas in life. Especially if it involves money.

Not only does Sherdog have doctors, lawyers and engineers, but now it has financial experts in the field of cryptocurrencies too which is exactly what was needed.

I am an armchair psychologist and i say you are salty as Rockhold after a Bisping loss

images

Boomers who think you can't turn it into another currency anymore. You get paid in Crypto doesn't mean it's stuck in just BTC forever. You can basically turn it into a stable, alt or Fiat no problem.

no its not. you definitely do not understand how it works. it might appear that way to someone who doesnt understand it, because of the volatility, but its not the crypto that causes volatility, its the whales manipulating the market, along with the little guys doing dumb shit trying to get rich quick. Blockchain is a legitimate technology that makes perfect sense for decentralizing currency.
The reality is that it was always mostly bought as a speculative investment rather than a decentralized currency. You just have to read the thread, it's a living proof.
I will 100% rely on a currency manipulated by a central bank over one manipulated by a herd of cryptos bros waiting for their lambo payout.

The long term viabilty of a widespread use of blockchain is also very debatable.

Boomers who think you can't turn it into another currency anymore. You get paid in Crypto doesn't mean it's stuck in just BTC forever. You can basically turn it into a stable, alt or Fiat no problem.
Then why bother? Again, circling back to the dollar. You only make money when you ditch the Bitcoin and get real money for it.

Woke up this morning to see that Bitcoin is down below $20,000. The first time in two years. Then I remembered the Crypto.com deal and the bonuses for 3 fighters each PPV.

Since April for UFC 273 BTC has fallen 50%. Khamzat got the 1st place prize of $30,000 which has now already depreciated in half over the course of only 3 months. Francis Ngannou reportedly got paid half of his $600,000 showing at UFC 270 paid in Bitcoin. If he kept all that in BTC to this day, just 5 months later, he would have turned $300,000 into $170,000.

So, how are all these athletes and organizations that tried jumping on the Bitcoin Bandwagon feeling right about now? I started dabbling after the new year this year with small numbers and I've been mining a very minimal amount which I'm considering just dropping all together. Bitcoin was sold to everyone by the yes men of crypto to be the solution against fiat currencies and hedge against inflation, the stock market, politics, and all that crap. The S&P is only down 25% while BTC is down 50%.

A friend of mine does mining and yields about $3 per day.

I value Ken Shamrock and he is poor as fuck. In what world do you even make sense? Put down the pipe.

I value Ken Shamrock and he is poor as fuck. In what world do you even make sense? Put down the pipe.

I meant that for every rich fighter there are many well known fighters who are poor. Quite sure most people here got it.

No need to insult me.

Then why bother? Again, circling back to the dollar. You only make money when you ditch the Bitcoin and get real money for it.

It depends, the market moves in cycles. To be mobile with your cashflow is a plus.

Some months Crypto will go up. Some months it will go down. The idea you get paid on a platform that is fully autonomous and not connected to any government.

Buttcoin and fiat go hand in hand without fiat invested in buttcoin there is no buttcoin. I always laughed at the stupidity of digital currency revolutionists.

Central banks and billionnaire investors control buttcoin not your average everyday joe schmucks. They will use crypto later to create digital inflation because its easier to type a number on a screen than go through the process of printing off trillions in physical cash. Also easier for them to trace and monitor who is spending what and where than physical cash making tax avoidance and illegal money null and void unless given a pass by somebody powerful.

CBDCs will rule because money talks bs walks

Last edited:
Back