International The hundred billion dollar International Space Station maybe coming to an end

I don't think we can ever degrade the Earth so badly that other planets become realistic options.

Human life on other planets is an insurance policy against cosmic events, nothing more.
I disagree. We are destroying our own habitat for greed.
Will the planet die? Nope but it will become largely uninhabitable for us. I do think we will survive in some form for a long time but business as usual is simply not possible.
Hell we are going to run out of freshwater within our grandkids lifetimes. (Some say our lifetimes but I'm trying to be optimistic about technological advances.)

No More money on space exploration and nonsense study of nature, science etc....We have too many people that need handouts from our budgets than to try and better mankind. Here in NY our new Governor is proposing illegal immigrants that have suffered work loss from Covid each get $16,500 to help them. Obviously they do not pay taxes. Im sure California is doing similar things. No $$ left for Science.

This is why you don’t let the Russians build anything. They fucked up part of their modules which is now crippling the ISS.

No More money on space exploration and nonsense study of nature, science etc....We have too many people that need handouts from our budgets than to try and better mankind. Here in NY our new Governor is proposing illegal immigrants that have suffered work loss from Covid each get $16,500 to help them. Obviously they do not pay taxes. Im sure California is doing similar things. No $$ left for Science.

Or you know.... fix infrastructure and healthcare. Why does your mind automatically go to illegal immigrants?

Reactions: PEB

How do they not pay taxes? I can’t wait to hear your response. Last time I checked, sales tax was unavoidable.

I don't think we can ever degrade the Earth so badly that other planets become realistic options.

Human life on other planets is an insurance policy against cosmic events, nothing more.

1.5 degrees is all that is needed and we are rushing towards that number.

How do they not pay taxes? I can’t wait to hear your response. Last time I checked, sales tax was unavoidable.
LMAO!!!! They do not have Social Security numbers, they work off the books.....Are you kidding me? Do you have Home Depots by you? Drive by any one at 7-11am....Packed with undocumented workers working for cash they do not pay tax on. Ask any contractor....their undocumented folks aren't paying taxes and they aren't giving them W-9s. NOW they are SUPPOSED to pay taxes, and certainly the ones going through process to become legal will pay some, but the rest do not. You really can not be serious.

If you live on Mars you need to live 5 meters underground to cut radiation levels to that of the surface of earth.

Oh and no air.

Or water.

Or wood.

And bigger solar flares.

And it's a long fucking way away.

Building a concrete bunker in Chernobyl would be a minuscule fraction of the cost.
Elon Musk is the cause for all these morons coming out of the woodwork, thinking terraforming is something is like a decade away.

This is why you don’t let the Russians build anything. They fucked up part of their modules which is now crippling the ISS.

It was only supposed to last 15 years and was launched in 1998. It's impressive it has lasted this long.

I'm sure it was made in China so no surprise its falling apart

This is why you don’t let the Russians build anything.

The same Russians who launched the first satellite, put the first man in space, performed the first spacewalk?

Commie lover!!!

The US actually owns that module. It was less than 1/2 the price of what Lockheed was proposing so we paid the Russians to build and launch it.

How do they not pay sales tax? Sale tax goes to the state. It’s impossible to evade paying sales tax. I’m not supporting this measure I’m just curious how they aren’t paying taxes to the state, since the state is paying this and not the federal government.

Quit helping him derail the thread.

The US actually owns that module. It was less than 1/2 the price of what Lockheed was proposing so we paid the Russians to build and launch it.

Quit helping him derail the thread.

Ur off my X-mas list.

The same Russians who launched the first satellite, put the first man in space, performed the first spacewalk?
Being first doesn’t make you good, it just means they were willing to sacrifice more to get there before anyone else. The USSR space program wasn’t great for Cosmonauts.

Back