The Jake Paul Megathread v2

Buys?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hes at cruiserweight and he's famous. There's a lot of alphabet belts. I don't think we can 100% discount the possibility. He probably won't get to that point. But it's a PROBABLY. He seems very good at picking winnable fights and in boxing isn't that a big part of getting a title shot?

All credit to Jake Paul, but has he even fought a single boxer yet?

All credit to Jake Paul, but has he even fought a single boxer yet?

No but when he says he's fought better competition than most boxers do in their first few fights it's hard to call BS on that(except Askren). His last opponent beat a former world champ in boxing. His trainer was almost champ, fought for a belt a few times. His people seem to know what they're doing both from a boxing perspective and a "picking opponents" perspective.

I do hate that "J Rule" guy can see why Woodley wanted to kick his ass but his team at large are competent and know what they are doing.

I do wonder...given how underrated cruiserweight has always been...if Paul continues to win these celebrity-type fights and eventually loses to a legit cruiserweight contender, maybe even a future champion, could that be the thing that finally puts eyes on the long ignored division?

I do wonder...given how underrated cruiserweight has always been...if Paul continues to win these celebrity-type fights and eventually loses to a legit cruiserweight contender, maybe even a future champion, could that be the thing that finally puts eyes on the long ignored division?
Jake has said he'd going to get down to light heavyweight rather than cruiserweight

I bet most of you people casually dismissing Nate's odds of beating Jake Paul are the same people that casually dismissed Jake Paul's odds of beating Anderson Silva, Tyron Woodley, etc.

Nate Diaz is a cardio-machine volume-boxer who left the UFC as a top 10 fighter.

Unlike Anderson Silva and Tyron Woodley, he throws more than 20 punches per round.

Don't count him out.

I bet most of you people casually dismissing Nate's odds of beating Jake Paul are the same people that casually dismissed Jake Paul's odds of beating Anderson Silva, Tyron Woodley, etc.

Nate Diaz is a cardio-machine volume-boxer who left the UFC as a top 10 fighter.

Unlike Anderson Silva and Tyron Woodley, he throws more than 20 punches per round.

Don't count him out.

A “high level” MMA boxer like Diaz is still levels below cartoon boxers like the Paul brothers. His flat footed arm punching “boxing” look amazing against MMA bums. Paul brothers aren’t any good, it’s that MMA fighters have laughable boxing that is levels below mediocre.

At this point I'm not sure if any MMA fighter (under LHW) can beat Jake Paul in a boxing bout. Except maybe Izzy and Perriera, since they were kickboxers.
Jake's been legit training boxing for the last few years and has dedicated his life to it. It's a more endurance type specialized sport compared to MMA.

He was the protagonist against McGregor and then the 4 fights after that.

In pretty much every fight the majority of fans want Nate to win.

Against Conor his fan-backing reached a new level.

McGregor is the biggest PPV star in MMA because people tune in as both fans and haters.

With Nate, people are almost exclusively tuning in because they like him.

With his last fight, against another fan-favorite guy, Tony Ferguson, it became a showcase of Nate vs. the UFC.

Even though he has a lot of losses, he's a genuine guy who refuses to let anything break his mental frame.

He got to leave the UFC on his own terms. On a win. As a superstar who again flipped the MMA world on its head with all the shenanigans. He got to make Khamzat "lose" to him without even fighting him. In one night, he beat Tony, Khamzat, and the UFC.

If he fights Jake Paul and beats him, MMA should just be called Nate Diaz like Naruto is named after the protagonist of the series.
Isn t Diaz like 4-6 or something. Most overrated fighter possibly ever with the blindest fan base.

He's had 6 fights and no amateur career. Who should he be fighting next?
an active boxer who isn't over40
it'd be a plus if he wasn't paid to lose either but I know neither of those requirements will ever be met

A “high level” MMA boxer like Diaz is still levels below cartoon boxers like the Paul brothers. His flat footed arm punching “boxing” look amazing against MMA bums. Paul brothers aren’t any good, it’s that MMA fighters have laughable boxing that is levels below mediocre.

then why did Anderson beat Chavez?

Now the view on Jake Paul has gone too far in the other direction. Nate would outbox him convincingly, much better boxer than anyone Paul has faced
Nate is NOT a better Boxer than silva. What are you Smoking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back