Television THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 (Gina Carano Fired Due to Her Social Media Posts)

Rate season 2 of The Mandalorian

• Total voters
Just alternate reality non-canon shit can the ST and pretend it never happened. It's the only logical choice. There's nothing from it worth saving. No one's begging for further adventures of those characters or backstories.

I just can't see them erasing the new trilogy but they'll try to salvage the story by filling in the gaps. They pretty much have 30 years to fill in and work with.

I don't know why I didn't think about it but does Luke train Grogu at the school with Kylo and does Kylo kill him? Or, are they going to try to milk the Grogu character and have him escape and have his own show or movie later? Probably the latter. Still, that would give more weight to Luke being a bitter asshole and hermit in the sequels. At the same time though, that makes Kylo even more irredeemable.

While I liked the acting and it was fun watching "good guy" Kylo in Rise, I still don't think he should have been redeemed after killing Han. I get the story of no one is irredeemable but this a simple story of good and evil and he was too young and it was too quick to happen. It worked with an old man Vader seeing his son in pain. It didn't work with a guy in his 20s that just killed his father 1 movie ago. I always thought Han should have died doing something heroic and a self-sacrifice. Imagine Han being one to do the lightspeed maneuver. A one in a million shot that only he could pull off. His death would have been iconic and remembered forever. Instead, one of the best moments in Star Wars was given to a throw away character that no one will remember.

They handled the Leia one better where he thought about it but someone else swooped in and did it. If he didn't kill Han or Leia, it makes his redemption easier to take.

Anyway, I'm rambling off topic but I'm curious if they link Grogu to Luke and the Jedi Temple later on.

If you told me that I was going to shed tears during that sequence beforehand, i would not have believed you.

It was just this deep satisfying feeling. Like, the new movies had been ruining the franchise and tarnishing everything since the originals, and we have never been given what we wanted since 1983. Last jedi was a crap movie that ruined Luke Skywalker after FINALLY getting Luke on screen for the first time since the originals. Mandalorian At least feels like the star wars continuation we the fans have wanted forever. But never did I think they would give us prime Luke Skywalker. The moment I saw that Xwing, I froze and thought "no way". Then when I saw the green lightsaber, I yelled really really loud. By the end of it, I had a tear dropping down both eyes.

its like reclaiming childhood and getting the ending you wanted. And i know I wasn't alone. Dozens of grown men cried at this sequence because they were so happy to be finally getting it.

I had to explain to my much younger Wife in terms she would understand. "Imagine harry Potter but in books 6 and 7 they just killed or threw aside all the main characters and introduced new woke age characters to defeat Voldermort and waited 35 years to redo the ending you know actually happened in books 6 and 7"

Yep. I have zero problems admitting I teared up big. Luke was one my heroes growing up. The music, the visuals, the parallel to the Rogue One Vader scene. Then the extra gut punch of Grogo wanting to see Mando's face and saying goodbye. Extremely well done stuff. It felt like Star Wars. Yes, you get your goofy characters and action but there is heart and emotion at its core and they nailed it.

I also teared up at the end of Force Awakens. It was literally seeing your hero and friend for the first time in 30 years and he got a grand and epic entrance. Unfortunately, Rian Johnson took that all away from us in the next movie. There were ways for Luke to work. He could have told Rey that he sensed her coming and went to the island to meditate and wait/hope for someone worthy to seek him out and train. You could have had wise, noble, willing to train Luke but noooooo. I had imagined during their training, Kylo and his Knights attacking the island. At some point, Rey and Chewie get kidnapped. Luke then raises the X-Wing and chases after them. You then get your heroic Luke moment of saving Rey and Chewie. After everything wraps up in the 3rd movie, you have a a proud Luke training the next Jedi with Finn and Rey as his star pupils. Easy stuff...

Back to the music...this fit so perfectly well. I just realized the guy that did this soundtrack also did Creed. I thought some of the music sounded similar and had that triumphant Creed feeling. Anyway, it's perfect and I love that it's called "A Friend".

Definitely a dig at the sequels. Mark Hamil is on board with Manalorian and made it pretty clear he wasn't happy with the direction of Luke but went along with it. In this, the character is treated with respect, dignity and as a hero. It's rumored they might be bringing back the EU stories with Mara Jade as well.

Do they somehow tie it in to the sequels, completely ignore them or come up with some kind of alternate reality/what-if scenario storyline to explain them away? It's amazing how much Favreu and Filoni understand Star Wars and what the fans want. From Boba, Luke, practical effects, serious story telling. It actually feels like it's written by and for Star Wars fans rather than Disney trying to make the new sequels for non-Star Wars fans as the focus.

I understand Mara Jade was a hot redhead white chick in the books and comics but I always felt like she should be an Asian woman with red hair, for the Red Commie Chinese audience who have become so important

I just can't see them erasing the new trilogy but they'll try to salvage the story by filling in the gaps. They pretty much have 30 years to fill in and work with.

I don't know why I didn't think about it but does Luke train Grogu at the school with Kylo and does Kylo kill him? Or, are they going to try to milk the Grogu character and have him escape and have his own show or movie later? Probably the latter. Still, that would give more weight to Luke being a bitter asshole and hermit in the sequels. At the same time though, that makes Kylo even more irredeemable.

While I liked the acting and it was fun watching "good guy" Kylo in Rise, I still don't think he should have been redeemed after killing Han. I get the story of no one is irredeemable but this a simple story of good and evil and he was too young and it was too quick to happen. It worked with an old man Vader seeing his son in pain. It didn't work with a guy in his 20s that just killed his father 1 movie ago. I always thought Han should have died doing something heroic and a self-sacrifice. Imagine Han being one to do the lightspeed maneuver. A one in a million shot that only he could pull off. His death would have been iconic and remembered forever. Instead, one of the best moments in Star Wars was given to a throw away character that no one will remember.

They handled the Leia one better where he thought about it but someone else swooped in and did it. If he didn't kill Han or Leia, it makes his redemption easier to take.

Anyway, I'm rambling off topic but I'm curious if they link Grogu to Luke and the Jedi Temple later on.

They could make the Luke that Rey found some kind of clone that someone used Grogu's midichlorians to create. The real one is frozen in carbonite somewhere and he's young like Sebastian Stan, lmao

This is the slay.

Maybe they should do Sarah Michelle Gellar as ISB leader:

a5fa62b389edbbfcd22fb32f51024fc5.jpg

Last edited:
If you told me that I was going to shed tears during that sequence beforehand, i would not have believed you.

It was just this deep satisfying feeling. Like, the new movies had been ruining the franchise and tarnishing everything since the originals, and we have never been given what we wanted since 1983. Last jedi was a crap movie that ruined Luke Skywalker after FINALLY getting Luke on screen for the first time since the originals. Mandalorian At least feels like the star wars continuation we the fans have wanted forever. But never did I think they would give us prime Luke Skywalker. The moment I saw that Xwing, I froze and thought "no way". Then when I saw the green lightsaber, I yelled really really loud. By the end of it, I had a tear dropping down both eyes.

its like reclaiming childhood and getting the ending you wanted. And i know I wasn't alone. Dozens of grown men cried at this sequence because they were so happy to be finally getting it.

I had to explain to my much younger Wife in terms she would understand. "Imagine harry Potter but in books 6 and 7 they just killed or threw aside all the main characters and introduced new woke age characters to defeat Voldermort and waited 35 years to redo the ending you know actually happened in books 6 and 7"

I use a star trek analogy sometimes. Like, basically what Last Jedi did was if The Enterprise was losing a battle and some of the crew were dying, and one of Captain Kirk's family members was kidnapped, he reacts by getting into an escape pod, ejecting himself to an unknown planet to let his friends and family fight alone against what he knows to be an immensely dangerous threat, and blames starfleet for everything.

I defended Force Awakens constantly, but after the trilogy was over, one of the biggest insults is that Luke Skywalker basically accomplished nothing after RotJ. He turns into a bitter coward that ultimately sacrificed his life for a completely arbitrary scenario where the stakes weren't properly set up. People are having lots of emotional reactions to this episode not just because it's seeing Luke be a "bad ass", but it's like a vindication of their childhood hero.

Last edited:
Karen Gillan as Mara Jade or GTFO.

eb0dbe886fe4a27bac43edfb980f80f1.jpg

The question is, do you cast Sebastian Shaw as Luke or just deepfake Luke? I can't stand recasting characters and honestly just wish they'd move on from Luke. His storyline and arc are over. But since this is Disney and they can't help themselves, I think I'd rather just deepfake Luke and use tech like in the Irishman. If you watch the Mandalorian and see Mark Hamil or the movies and then see him as another actor, my brain just can't adjust to that and ruins everything.

Last edited:

Need pics of much younger wife.

Karen Gillian as Mara Jade or GTFO.

eb0dbe886fe4a27bac43edfb980f80f1.jpg

The question is, do you cast Sebastian Shaw as Luke or just deepfake Luke? I can't stand recasting characters and honestly just wish they'd move on from Luke. His storyline and arc are over. But since this is Disney and they can't help themselves, I think I'd rather just deepfake Luke and use tech like in the Irishman. If you watch the Mandalorian and see Mark Hamil or the movies and then see him as another actor, my brain just can't adjust to that and ruins everything.
Deep fake Luke would be unaffordable for an ongoing series.

Sebastian Stan already has the look and is already working for Disney its the better pick for Disney\Lucas arts

Last edited:
maxresdefault.jpg

I wonder how long it takes for Grogu/Yoga’s race to mature? Could Grogu still essentially be a lil tyke by the events of episodes 7-9?

I wonder how long it takes for Grogu/Yoga’s race to mature? Could Grogu still essentially be a lil tyke by the events of episodes 7-9?

Looks to be about 10x humans. Yoda was 800-900. BY/G is 50

Reactions: JSN
Looks to be about 10x humans. Yoda was 800-900. BY/G is 50
One think I learned about dogs recently is that a simple formula doesn’t work to relate their aging to a human. Apparently for most breeds they’re more like thirty years old when they’re one year old, and then their relative aging slows. This is by molecular aging markers so it’s not a perfect corollary either but one could conceive that a yodaform might take super long for certain periods of development but not others maybe.

As someone who loves practical effects, I don't think enough credit is given to how incredible Grogu is. They could have easily just made a CG character that looked terrible but went all out with a puppet that totally looks and feels real and has emotion. I'm sure there's some touch up CG done here and there but the overall effect is amazing. One of the best puppets I've ever seen in any movie and even surpasses Yoda.

Back