Television THE MANDALORIAN Season 2 (Gina Carano Fired Due to Her Social Media Posts)

Rate season 2 of The Mandalorian

• Total voters
Season 3 is going to be grasping for ideas and feels like it's going to have a lot of filler and make it up as they go along.
Well he said he'd do what Bo-Katan asked if she helped him. And he (mando) still has claim to the darksaber.

Also, the end credit scene reminded me of

Screen Shot 2020-12-19 at 12.13.38 PM.png conanthedestroyer1.jpg

Also,

was the whole, "Talent without training" comment a dig at the sequels?

Definitely a dig at the sequels. Mark Hamil is on board with Manalorian and made it pretty clear he wasn't happy with the direction of Luke but went along with it. In this, the character is treated with respect, dignity and as a hero. It's rumored they might be bringing back the EU stories with Mara Jade as well.

Do they somehow tie it in to the sequels, completely ignore them or come up with some kind of alternate reality/what-if scenario storyline to explain them away? It's amazing how much Favreu and Filoni understand Star Wars and what the fans want. From Boba, Luke, practical effects, serious story telling. It actually feels like it's written by and for Star Wars fans rather than Disney trying to make the new sequels for non-Star Wars fans as the focus.

Well, D and D did deliver those 4 top notch seasons, yes they had ASOFAI books but even so, not everyone can deliver the kind of adaption they did for 4 years. As for Kennedy, yeah, she screwed up the sequels, but Lucas hand picked her and Lucas himself bunged the prequels... at this point, Kennedy was technically in charge when Mando came out, which was better than both the prequels and sequels, and we all have to reckon with it

BrightAcademicBats-size_restricted.gif
Kennedy is signed just as executive producer,she basically is writing the checks for the Mandalorian.
If you watched the BTS of the production you will see she just behind Favreau,Filoni and Lucas while they are filming.

Last edited:
Definitely a dig at the sequels. Mark Hamil is on board with Manalorian and made it pretty clear he wasn't happy with the direction of Luke but went along with it. In this, the character is treated with respect, dignity and as a hero. It's rumored they might be bringing back the EU stories with Mara Jade as well.

Do they somehow tie it in to the sequels, completely ignore them or come up with some kind of alternate reality/what-if scenario storyline to explain them away? It's amazing how much Favreu and Filoni understand Star Wars and what the fans want. From Boba, Luke, practical effects, serious story telling. It actually feels like it's written by and for Star Wars fans rather than Disney trying to make the new sequels for non-Star Wars fans as the focus.
Rumors are already out that,after the positive feedback ,a Luke spin off is in pre production or at least in discussion.
https://wegotthiscovered.com/tv/young-luke-skywalker-show-rumored-works-disney/

See like everybody is asking for Sebastian Stan to play the role.

But I don’t think they are going to change what happened to the OG characters in the sequels,if you look at how everything went in the second season it’s pretty much a set up for Snoke/first order and clone Palpies to happen.

The series definitely reminds me of an action RPG. He spent a large % of the last season leveling up.
No problem at all with that if the we get some good character development or a good plot to follow through while the obvious happens.
Thats the main problem with the writing in this series.

Well he said he'd do what Bo-Katan asked if she helped him. And he (mando) still has claim to the darksaber.

Also, the end credit scene reminded me of

Also,

was the whole, "Talent without training" comment a dig at the sequels?
My guess is that Katan will be out of combat for a while,after she got shot like that by Moph Gomes, and Mando will take the lead of the Mandalorian army for a while until she gets back to her feet,when drama ensues.

If you told me that I was going to shed tears during that sequence beforehand, i would not have believed you.

It was just this deep satisfying feeling. Like, the new movies had been ruining the franchise and tarnishing everything since the originals, and we have never been given what we wanted since 1983. Last jedi was a crap movie that ruined Luke Skywalker after FINALLY getting Luke on screen for the first time since the originals. Mandalorian At least feels like the star wars continuation we the fans have wanted forever. But never did I think they would give us prime Luke Skywalker. The moment I saw that Xwing, I froze and thought "no way". Then when I saw the green lightsaber, I yelled really really loud. By the end of it, I had a tear dropping down both eyes.

its like reclaiming childhood and getting the ending you wanted. And i know I wasn't alone. Dozens of grown men cried at this sequence because they were so happy to be finally getting it.

I had to explain to my much younger Wife in terms she would understand. "Imagine harry Potter but in books 6 and 7 they just killed or threw aside all the main characters and introduced new woke age characters to defeat Voldermort and waited 35 years to redo the ending you know actually happened in books 6 and 7"

I just creamed my pants...

Just alternate reality non-canon shit can the ST and pretend it never happened. It's the only logical choice. There's nothing from it worth saving. No one's begging for further adventures of those characters or backstories.

Back