The Powerlifting Thread

Why did you lift 4 days straight?
Sounds like fatigue is likely the problem. Could be that you're significantly weaker off the floor but I haven't read the earlier posts.
I pause dead lifted 615lbs off the floor last week without a belt. I'm sure it's fatigue. I didn't even want to lift today. Its called being obsessed lol

Maybe find some other exercises/activities that are beneficial to your powerlifting and easy on your nervous system to be obsessed about. You're stronger than me so won't give too much advice.

Thinking about giving Juggernaut AI a go. 27 bucks a month, I blow that on taco bell in one night.

Rack pulled from mid shin 605x5 on Saturday and today could barely break 605 off the floor. Is this cumulative fatigue? Also did max effort upper yesterday. And speed benching Friday, so this is day 4 in a row.

Be careful with CNS fatigue. When you cross that point the recovery will take a while. If you feel weak off the floor you could try deficit deadlifts.

As far as bench if you're sure you're not overtrained (if you are then deload or time off) but if not then add volume or frequency. You can add some more higher rep sets of bench variation or dips, pin/board/floor presses, etc. You can also take a break from competition form bench and do variations or something like weighted dips as your primary lift. Not sure what you think of bands but could be worth a try for a short training block. I throw in tweaks even if it's just changing up grip width slightly.

Do you think a shorter bench that allows better foot placement is better than a wider, grippier bench that allows you to really set the upper back in place and keep the scapula locked? I swapped from the fat pad so I could get more leg drive and I notice no difference

I had a fat pad for a while, to try to preserve my crappy shoulders, now I use a REP bench that is meet dimensions. I def get better leg drive and set up with a narrower pad. I have no problems digging in the pad of this bench and it is really tacky too. You might just need a different cover or top to your current bench that is not slippery.

https://www.repfitness.com/strength...ng/benches/rep-fb-5000-competition-flat-bench

I had a fat pad for a while, to try to preserve my crappy shoulders, now I use a REP bench that is meet dimensions. I def get better leg drive and set up with a narrower pad. I have no problems digging in the pad of this bench and it is really tacky too. You might just need a different cover or top to your current bench that is not slippery.

https://www.repfitness.com/strength...ng/benches/rep-fb-5000-competition-flat-bench
Nice! I thought of getting the bench cover off spud Inc but they want as much as the REP bench itself costs just for the cover. Everything of theirs is wildly overpriced for some reason.

Julius Maddox is going for an 800 lb bench.

What the fuck

Be careful with CNS fatigue. When you cross that point the recovery will take a while. If you feel weak off the floor you could try deficit deadlifts.

As far as bench if you're sure you're not overtrained (if you are then deload or time off) but if not then add volume or frequency. You can add some more higher rep sets of bench variation or dips, pin/board/floor presses, etc. You can also take a break from competition form bench and do variations or something like weighted dips as your primary lift. Not sure what you think of bands but could be worth a try for a short training block. I throw in tweaks even if it's just changing up grip width slightly.
Its undoubtedly CNS fatigue. I've been doing 90% plus on several movements without enough recovery in between. That's why I signed up for Juggernaut AI, so I'm not governing my own training or else I'll just load myself with stimulants and lift till I can't, which is whats happening now.

Nice! I thought of getting the bench cover off spud Inc but they want as much as the REP bench itself costs just for the cover. Everything of theirs is wildly overpriced for some reason.

I think REP also offers the actual upholstery for like 10 bucks, if slipping is the issue you might just want to pick that up and fit it over your current bench (if you have a narrow one).

I think REP also offers the actual upholstery for like 10 bucks, if slipping is the issue you might just want to pick that up and fit it over your current bench (if you have a narrow one).
I've got the rogue utility bench, not sure of the specs

I think I got 3 or 4 weeks about a year ago, to see what their meet prep looked like. Loosely followed it, wasn't crazy about it.

I think I got 3 or 4 weeks about a year ago, to see what their meet prep looked like. Loosely followed it, wasn't crazy about it.
I did check out some of Chad's AI vlogs and the programming seems generic. We'll see what happens.

I did check out some of Chad's AI vlogs and the programming seems generic. We'll see what happens.

Can't hurt, it's really inexpensive and can at least give you some fresh ideas going forward.

Its very generic, but not ineffective
The only thing I disliked about it was how it programmed deadlifts and it got boring

Blasphemy. You'll build a work capacity for moving some monstrous weights. Just make sure to lock out those deadlifts.
Do you think this is dumb since I was progressing with what I was doing? Joe Sullivan did say the fatter you get only your squat will increase and thats kinda what was happening <45>

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back