The Powerlifting Thread

Do you think this is dumb since I was progressing with what I was doing? Joe Sullivan did say the fatter you get only your squat will increase and thats kinda what was happening <45>

If you were still getting stronger and staying healthy etc. you probably could have stuck to what you were doing. I'm getting fatter by the month and bench and deadlift are moving well. Out of the 3 lifts, BW has the biggest impact on my bench I think. Switching it up isn't a bad thing though, as long as you enjoy it and are maintaining focus it's all good right?

I shoulda did the bridge block I'm too fat for this shit lmao

If you were still getting stronger and staying healthy etc. you probably could have stuck to what you were doing. I'm getting fatter by the month and bench and deadlift are moving well. Out of the 3 lifts, BW has the biggest impact on my bench I think. Switching it up isn't a bad thing though, as long as you enjoy it and are maintaining focus it's all good right?
Do I have to email the completed spreadsheet to them at the end of the block? My ADD is preventing me from gathering this from the videos.

Gonna trust the process on this. These people are professionals and I am not.

Worst case is you learn what doesn't work for you. Is it still like $27 a block?
Yeah. I just feel the 3 sets of 10 with 50 percent on benching and pressing seem useless but I'm no coach

Yeah. I just feel the 3 sets of 10 with 50 percent on benching and pressing seem useless but I'm no coach

Yeah, the first week might be very easy. I think I plugged in the numbers and the RPE's ahead of time to see how the whole block would look if training went one way or the other.

Yeah, the first week might be very easy. I think I plugged in the numbers and the RPE's ahead of time to see how the whole block would look if training went one way or the other.
I'm also doing a 5 day split so maybe the fatigue is being spread through the week

Also not seeing the point of 4 different exercises that hit the same muscle group. Block pulls, good mornings, pull throughs and hamstring curls in the same workout

Maybe think of it as different motions instead of the same muscle group.
Block Pulls and GMs are similar but range of motion is different, the supporting muscles work differently, and your center of gravity changes
GMs and Pull throughs are similar but the direction of force changes so the hip angle at max load changes
Pull throughs and Ham curls are similar but one strengthens hip extension and the other knee flexion.

I'm sure there's a purpose for programming a variety of accessory work.

Maybe think of it as different motions instead of the same muscle group.
Block Pulls and GMs are similar but range of motion is different, the supporting muscles work differently, and your center of gravity changes
GMs and Pull throughs are similar but the direction of force changes so the hip angle at max load changes
Pull throughs and Ham curls are similar but one strengthens hip extension and the other knee flexion.

I'm sure there's a purpose for programming a variety of accessory work.
But it's only 2-3 sets of 15-20, seems like its junk volume. Like today's workout, starts with 2x10 of feet up bench with 50%. Maybe the introductory week is just easy like @ASUThermo said. We'll see. I'm gonna finish the block because I paid for it.

But it's only 2-3 sets of 15-20, seems like its junk volume. Like today's workout, starts with 2x10 of feet up bench with 50%. Maybe the introductory week is just easy like @ASUThermo said. We'll see. I'm gonna finish the block because I paid for it.
You might find it useful as someone who never does that stuff.

You might find it useful as someone who never does that stuff.
I do notice I'm sweating a bit more and each workout does have an exercise that sucks. Today was 3x10 front squats with 225lbs.

Back