The Powerlifting Thread

Powerlifters,
What's the ideal peg position for bands on the bottom of the rack?
I have the Rogue SML-2, I made 4 pegs, there aren't a lot of holes available, only 4 on each side. I need to use 1-2 holes on each side for mounting to my platform. See the picture below. I plan on putting a peg on the hole closest to the uprights but I'm not sure which other hole to use.
Thanks

upload_2021-2-12_8-29-58.png

Powerlifters,
What's the ideal peg position for bands on the bottom of the rack?
I have the Rogue SML-2, I made 4 pegs, there aren't a lot of holes available, only 4 on each side. I need to use 1-2 holes on each side for mounting to my platform. See the picture below. I plan on putting a peg on the hole closest to the uprights but I'm not sure which other hole to use.
Thanks

View attachment 833176
Usually you want the bands pulling straight down on the bar. However the bands being slightly in front of the bar offers the advantages of pulling you forward in the squat or yanking your bar path during the bench, making you fight harder to maintain those positions and thus strengthening the stabilizing muscles. Or so Louie Simmons says

Anyone tried weed for tendinitis? I got a lead on some gas and technically it's for therapeutic use <45>

Usually you want the bands pulling straight down on the bar. However the bands being slightly in front of the bar offers the advantages of pulling you forward in the squat or yanking your bar path during the bench, making you fight harder to maintain those positions and thus strengthening the stabilizing muscles. Or so Louie Simmons says
Well I always see bands setup where they start down at the rack on one side, go up over the bar and then back down to the other set of pins on the rack. I think this setup helps keep the force more perpendicular to the ground. I’m just not sure if it matters where the second band pegs are

Well I always see bands setup where they start down at the rack on one side, go up over the bar and then back down to the other set of pins on the rack. I think this setup helps keep the force more perpendicular to the ground. I’m just not sure if it matters where the second band pegs are
The further apart they are obviously it'll create more band tension. But in my experience it really doesn't matter.

Ok literally screaming and writhing in pain from my forearm muscles while squatting. Pretty sure my arms are supporting the weight of the bar a bit much.

Ok literally screaming and writhing in pain from my forearm muscles while squatting. Pretty sure my arms are supporting the weight of the bar a bit much.
Put more weight on the bar and do more reps until your forearm muscles learn their place and fall in line.

Put more weight on the bar and do more reps until your forearm muscles learn their place and fall in line.
Thinking about it but the pain is so severe my hands are shaking typing this.

I have no prayer of benching or doing any of the rest of the workout now. Great.

Also, definitely don’t consider doing something silly like squatting high bar while you improve your shoulder mobility.

This makes absolutely no sense.

You decide where the bar goes on your back.
Here's what's happening exactly. I take a false grip on the bar. Slide under it and move it down my back until I feel it "click" onto the scapular shelf that it's supposedly supposed to go on. Then I pinch my shoulder blades together and shrug up into the bar. It makes the bar feel lighter but I think thats because my arms are now supporting too much of the bar. I ran into a similar problem doing Smolov. I just did my last 2 sets with talon grip and it didn't aggravate my forearms and I was hyper focused to not let the bar roll off my back.

This makes absolutely no sense.

You decide where the bar goes on your back.
Also I dunno if it's because I still need mobility work but I never feel able to "bend the bar over my back" by activating my lats. Everything is so crammed together that there's just no moving anything once the bar is unracked.

Talon grip making squat day pain free. Loving this. I highly recommend it to anyone suffering from arm pain while squatting. It doesn't seem like much but it works wonders.

Back