The Trenches, Episode 27 Poll: With TJ out, who should face Marlon Moraes for the vacant BW belt?

With TJ Dillashaw suspended, who should face Marlon Moraes for the vacant bantamweight belt?

• Total voters
It should be Munhoz-Moraes now, they are on the best runs at BW but we all know Henry's gonna get that shot. Marlon will fight Cejudo and either Sterling or Yan will fight Munhoz to determine first defence is my feeling.

Aren't they gonna scrap FLW? If so, Cejudo.

Aren't they gonna scrap FLW? If so, Cejudo.
We have no idea, really. A big FLW contender fight is happening on Saturday between Formiga and the undefeated Figueiredo.

Is Cruz active? If so he’s the answer, and it’s not arguable.

If Cruz is still hurt then it’s Cejudo, for,obvious reasons.

It depends on what they do with Flyweight. If they're definitely dropping it then fuck a last title fight send off in Cejudo vs Benavidez 2 and just give Cejudo chance at champchamp. If they're still contemplating stuff then I guess Moraes vs Munhoz ‍♂️

Wtf is Aljamin Sterling doing on there?

Henry Cejudo is the closest thing to maintaing a lineal belt, but he's better off tending to FLW.

In terms of pure merit at BW, Munhoz vs Moraes is the only answer. I'd say Cruz, but he surpasses Cain in terms of inability to make it to fight night.

Greetings, scholars of face-punching! I'm back to keep that dastardly Yojimbo, and Frankie "The Nigerian Scoundrel" McGregor away from my Kung Fu bows!

* Was Masvidal's fiendish attack on the renowned gentleman Leon Edwards a calculated media-move?

* Why hasn't the UFC officially announced that they're closing the Flyweight division yet? They're cutting all the Flyweights coming off losses and allowing the victors to move the BW. I understand waiting until after the Cejudo-Dillashaw match, but now it just seems shifty and dishonest to remain quiet on the situation.

* How in Gods name does an ex-street fighter have some of the most solid fundamentals in all of MMA? Aren't guys like Masvidal supposed to be madcap brawlers?

* Tom Breese suffered a panic attack before his bout vs Ian Heinisch. This is the second time it has happened. How should the UFC respond -- and are you surprised we don't see more of these freak-outs in MMA?

* They should call Leon Edwards: "The Deconstructor (or maybe Leonardo Da Edwinci)". Against both Gunni and Cerrone, he saw the holes in his opponents Kung Fu and had a game-plan to exploited them ruthlessly. Is he one of the smartest fighters in the game -- and would you say he is the biggest threat towards Usman's gold?

* Last week, Safarov and Negumereanu broke the rules of the Octagon so many times that I thought I was watching Conor McGregor fight Jon Jones! Is it time to systemize the warning-system in MMA? Say, 1 foul results in a warning, and 2 fouls resulting in a Point Deduction?

Yo Ant + Burgos. This feels like a dated question already with all that's happened this week, but it needs to be asked...

You ever had the pleasure to serve up your own 3 PIECE WITH THA SODA???????????? Also how'd that snitch like the taste?

Yo Ant. You ever get the feeling Conor is like that hot chick you match with online... then you text her a little too much... then she baaaaiiillllsss on you? Dudes are like wayyyyyyyyy too thirsty when it comes to Conor.

Cowboy blew his shot and had to shack up with Crazy/Ragin Al. Max probably just blew his too

Yo Ant. You ever get the feeling Conor is like that hot chick you match with online... then you text her a little too much... then she baaaaiiillllsss on you? Dudes are like wayyyyyyyyy too thirsty when it comes to Conor.

Cowboy blew his shot and had to shack up with Crazy/Ragin Al. Max probably just blew his too

REAL QUESTION: What is/should be the bigger priority for the company right now? Getting Conor a sweet match, or getting him back in the win column?

Followup: If you were Sean Shelby, and you were allowed to reprint the UFC 237 posters, and if THUG ROSE were cool with it... would you bump Volko off the card and make the headliner Aldo v Conor II???
--> Aldo is at his peak since his loss at UFC 194. That shine wears off if Volko beats him
--> Aldo is BY FAR the sexiest matchup for Notorious, even including those named Khabib and Nate. All the cool matchups are tied up by belts anyway
--> You'd much rather see that than Cowboy
--> You'd much rather see that than Nate. Be honest
--> Gets a Brazilian LEGEND in the headlining spot
--> UFC doesn't care about making Volko's bestie move the wedding again
--> But Conor might lose. Do you kill/rough up the Golden Goose with a 2-fight losing streak? He's only 30...

The poll is officially up for tomorrow's show, with the poll question about as obvious as it could be:

With TJ Dillashaw vacating his belt, who should face Marlon Moraes for the vacant bantamweight title?
1) Henry Cejudo
2) Pedro Munhoz
3) Aljamain Sterling
4) Other (explain below)
YO JEI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm your biggest fan. Any way to get this thread sticky-posted to the top of the Forums each week? It can be tough to find sometimes

Cejudo vs Moraes or Moraes vs Pedro.

Aljo's win over Rivera was not as impressive as Pedro's KO over Cody and he hasn't lost to Moraes.

Moraes vs Munhoz for UFC 237 main event IMO . Munhoz should be ahead of Alijmain also this feels a lot more of a fresh breath matchup than Moraes vs Cejudo .

Moraes is a lock for the shot, then Cejudo then Munhoz.

I understand if they don't want to let Cejudo walk into the belt, but coming off the win over TJ I think Moraes/Cejudo has the most hype.

This thread is now live, and the show is now live!

Technical difficulties to start things off, woo!

Back