The UFC is overhyping Burns to lowball the likes of Masvidal and other elite WWs

Has Burns done enough to deserve to a title shot?

• Total voters
Burns is a much, MUCH more dangerous match up for Usman than Jorge is. And its honestly looking like Jorge knows Usman is a bad fight for him, so would rather hold out and see if he can get a big Conor payday instead.

damn hooker ate that shot and put him out. I really didn’t care for hooker in the past but he definitely is making me think he can run for the title. I think Khabib mauls him but his length will be tough to get in on.
Hooker with 20 extra pounds would murder Burns at WW

You never know with Nate. After the Conor-fight he said he was gonna hold out for a huge fight, but still ended up accepted the Pettis-fight, which I can't imagine he got that much for.
Frankly - yes.

With a top name opponent which will generate more money for the UFC they have more leverage and can negotiate harder, because there's more potential money to gain.
With a smaller name they'd get less leverage and might figure they'd have to settle for less.
well said

Connor deserves a title shot more for beating Cowboy according to most of Sherdog. Burns vs McGregor for #1 contender.

How? He destroyed #5 Maia and #1 Woodley.. Those are better wins than any Masvidal, Colby or Edwards have done lately.

How? He destroyed #5 Maia and #1 Woodley.. Those are better wins than any Masvidal, Colby or Edwards have done lately.
Because idiots still can't get over the fact that moving up in weight can improve a fighters' performances. They point to his 155 losses and assume this automatically makes him a bum at 170, no matter what he accomplishes.

Not that he will, but he could win the 170 belt and defend it 5 times, and retards on here will stil lay "hurr durr, but he lost at 155 years ago, so he sucks!".

Not if he is willing to take a lot less money.

I don't think they are overhyping Burns. I think Burns deserves the title shot the most currently but yes the UFC will use the fact that they have 3 viable options(Burns, Masvidal, and Edwards) to keep the price down on a title shot.

Are you serious?

Masvidal smashed Till, who was coming off a title shot.

Masvidal smashed Askren, who was undefeated and just beat former champ Robbie Lawler

Masvidal smashed Nate, who just split fights with Conor McGregor and beat Pettis

Are you serious?

Woodley was champion that's better than beating a title shot challenger that lost.

Askren was finished by Maia who Burns beat.

Nelson is an actual WW who was ranked much higher than Nate.

Burn's streak is better.

Rofl who the hell did gunnar beat to warrant a better win than askren or till hell even nate ?

He's not saying that Nelson is a better win than Askren or Till, learn how to read what people write. He said the streak of wins of Nelson, Maia and Woodley is a better streak than Nate, Till and Askren which it is. Woodley beat Till and Maia beat Askren so those are obvious. Nate has no quality wins at WW, Nelson does.

Hooker with 20 extra pounds would murder Burns at WW

Hooker started at 145, it's unlikely that he could put on an extra 20lbs and be more effective. 155 is the right weight class for Hooker and 170 is the right weight class for Burns.

I mean to be fair, fighters can actually get better by moving up a weight class. Sometimes cutting too much weight saps your energy.
What fucking horseshit.

It's never been at any point in time, an advantage to move up in weight class to fight bigger guys... unless you started using some gear, like Anderson did.

The body doesn't naturally grow past the age of 25.

So, this is why you can't judge someone after just 2 top10 fights. Let's see how this guy who flopped at 155, does at 170 over the span of 5 more fights.

How are they exactly hyping him? He just beat the #1 contender and after the fight Dana downplayed him saying Woodley fought like shit and that he expected Burns to be more aggressive.

If they are overhyping someone it has to be Masvidal.

What fucking horseshit.

It's never been at any point in time, an advantage to move up in weight class to fight bigger guys... unless you started using some gear, like Anderson did.

The body doesn't naturally grow past the age of 25.

So, this is why you can't judge someone after just 2 top10 fights. Let's see how this guy who flopped at 155, does at 170 over the span of 5 more fights.

There are many recent cases of fighters finding success in higher weight classes, especially recent ones.
Thiago Santos, Whitaker, Masvidal, Rumble, Poirier are some great examples.

Depleting yourself to fight smaller guys isn't always the answer. Being able to diet better and not needing to cut some much water weight can turn into a big difference in physical performance.
Men may grow after 25 naturally, especially if their diets, exercises and supplements (not counting PEDs here) are improved.

Burns has the best wins out of anyone you listed...T-Wiod was champ one fight removed, Maia was a multiple time title contender and back on a streak, Nelson, and a guy that was 20-0.

Mas beat up journeyman Nate, Askren and Till

T-Wood is better than all three of those guys, and Maia is about on par with Till, but still better than the other two.

Edwards has a longer streak but the best guy in his is RDA.

Colby just lost, let him get a win or two before another shot.

Leon already lost to Usman, Masvidal refused to fight the champ, Burns finished Maia and Woodley.

Burns vs Usman is the fight to make.

The former champ who was just previously dominated by the current champ.

Usman, the Current Champ, meanwhile went into a pretty competitive fight with Colby.

Goes to show that Woodley has simply lost it. Colby would have smashed him worse than Burns if they fought.
Colby doesn't smash people, I doubt it would've been more impressive. More hugging maybe.

Last edited:
I'd be cool with Burns vs Colby.

Burns earned his spot the right way....by beating the sit outta all these put in front of him. He should be applauded

Back