The xHeadx Random Food Thread

xHeadx

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I'll be posting random meals that my wife & I cook. We're not chefs but we love to cook. We host often & our food spans a wide range. Quite simply, if we like a grub, we'll probably attempt to make it. I'll make a running list here. This thread was inspired by the @MASShole BBQ thread:

https://forums.sherdog.com/threads/saturday-is-bbq-day-v3-how-big-is-your-meat.3467519/

I'll add to this list as I post:

1. Crab Rangoon
  2. Pretzels
  3. Braised Short Ribs
  4. Cupcakes (for Danger Dave, cookies another time)
  5. Beef & Vegetable Soup
  6. Beef Fajitas
  7. Beef Brisket (this weekend)
  8. Pork Butt

Last edited:
Can you post a steak well done topped with ketchup?

Crab Ragoon:

• 1 pack Cream cheese (8 oz)
  • 1 pack Imitation crab (8 oz)
  • 1 pack of bomb ass wonton wrappers
  • 2-3 stalks green onion
  • 1/2 to 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 to 1 tsp Soy sauce
  • 1/2 to 1 tsp Sugar
The last 4 ingredients are to taste. Buy wonton wrappers from Asian store or market, not your international aisle.

With cheese at room temp, in a bowl, mix all ingredients. I prefer a silicone spatula but use what you have. Form wontons using what method is easiest for you (Google that shit) . For me, taste is more important than appearance. Fry at 360° until golden brown. Make sure to flip to fry both sides. The top will take less time than bottom. Fry time is quick, 3-5 minutes so don't walk away. We have a fryer but it's not required. Drain on paper towels then enjoy with soy sauce or whatever you like. I like to mix soy sauce & sambal.

20190614_122251.jpg

Crab Ragoon:

• 1 pack Cream cheese (8 oz)
  • 1 pack Imitation crab (8 oz)
  • 1 pack of bomb ass wonton wrappers
  • 2-3 stalks green onion
  • 1/2 to 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
  • 1/2 to 1 tsp Soy sauce
  • 1/2 to 1 tsp Sugar
The last 4 ingredients are to taste. Buy wonton wrappers from Asian store or market, not your international aisle.

With cheese at room temp, in a bowl, mix all ingredients. I prefer a silicone spatula but use what you have. Form wontons using what method is easiest for you (Google that shit) . For me, taste is more important than appearance. Fry at 360° until golden brown. Make sure to flip to fry both sides. The top will take less time than bottom. Fry time is quick, 3-5 minutes so don't walk away. We have a fryer but it's not required. Drain on paper towels then enjoy with soy sauce or whatever you like. I like to mix soy sauce & sambal.

View attachment 628659

Will you wash those down with a pepsi?

im a professional amateur chef. AMA

Mac and cheese with bbq sauce.

Does this recipe involve cream cheese?

Yup, see below. Or is it above?

Yeah youse two can feck off right back to Waukesha with that stuff.

giphy.gif

top a ramen recipe

3 cubes beef bullion, 4 stalks celery diced, 1 carrots diced

sooooouuuuupppp!

Next up is pretzels. This shit is a little complicated but not too difficult. Need to learn how to make a alkaline solution or find somewhere to buy. Makes all the difference & will also help make ramen noodles. Also need to learn how to form a pretzel.

For this recipe, make the dough & let rest, form pretzels, dip in alkaline water & then bake 8-10 minutes at 450°. When golden brown, remove & brush with melted butter & sprinkle with pretzel salt. Dip in whatever the hell you like. I like a nice cheese sauce or deli mustard.

Ingredients:
  • 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
  • 1 packet (2 1/4 teaspoons) active dry yeast
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, divided
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for dusting
  • Vegetable oil, for greasing the bowl
  • 1 tablespoon coarse pretzel salt, for sprinkling
  • Alkaline water

20190602_221741.jpg

Last edited:
Yo bro you got a pizza sauce from scratch recipe?

Yo bro you got a pizza sauce from scratch recipe?

Yes I do but not sure if I have pics. If no pics, I'll ask the wifey to make in the next few days. Pizza is a staple in our house.

Yes I do but not sure if I have pics. If no pics, I'll ask the wifey to make in the next few days. Pizza is a staple in our house.
Are you Italian? I'm trying to get that family recipe.

Back