Things that are surprisingly worse with new technology

Well, since I re-watched the first two Robocop films recently, my knee jerk response is movies.

Currently watching the RoboDoc series talking about the first film. It's so eye-opening to see how, although now primitive, the analogue way of technology back then really made films feel so much more real and tangible. I had no idea they used an animatronic version of Peter Weller for that final shot of him right before Boddicker shoots him in the head.

That's so fucking cool.

I still have a Sega Dreamcast, though I haven’t tried it in a while.

What I want is an SNES or Sega Genesis.
Dreamcast...cool. I have a game mag from the 90's that has the UFC game in it with all of the fighters & their moves. Never played it, but would be cool.

have you ever considered that its not some elite massive conspiracy, but people in general just arent very smart? weve done away with natural selection. so now people with absurdly low brain power can eat and fuck and be retarded until they die of old age or diabetes. might as well profit off them

The conspiracy works because people aren't very smart. Misguiding people is, generally speaking, pretty easy (except for those damn dissenters/CTers).

If the people in power wanted everyone to be healthy, they could just as easily herd them in that direction as opposed to the other, but they don't. Instead we get body positivity movements promoting obesity. It should be painfully obvious to you that it's intentional.

The conspiracy works because people aren't very smart. Misguiding people is, generally speaking, pretty easy (except for those damn dissenters/CTers).

If the people in power wanted everyone to be healthy, they could just as easily herd them in that direction as opposed to the other, but they don't. Instead we get body positivity movements promoting obesity. It should be painfully obvious to you that it's intentional.
Can we at least agree 9/11 was an inside job?

Can we at least agree 9/11 was an inside job?

200w.gif

our attention spans, ability to communicate in person, dating... losts and lots of things are worse.

cars are worse (planned obsolescence of computer parts) in fact nearly everything is bullshit when it comes to planned obsolescence disguised as some control board that needs replacing, furnaces are WAY worse.

How have car batteries not improved to be 5 years or better?

In fact, their warranties now only go for 2 years instead of 3 because they want you to buy a new one

Talk about a big scam
It's because they are all recycled and want to switch to lithium

our attention spans, ability to communicate in person, dating... losts and lots of things are worse.

cars are worse (planned obsolescence of computer parts) in fact nearly everything is bullshit when it comes to planned obsolescence disguised as some control board that needs replacing, furnaces are WAY worse.
planned obsolescence is what keeps people employed, and I believe it was tried in the past to have long lasting products, but there would be less jobs, less overall wealth. Even clothing is designed to break down.... you want something long lasting? Get it made of nylon, however, chances are, that the seems will be made of cotton and wont last as long. Major appliances with plastic parts, there are still some good stuff, like a water heater by bradford white, good ol fashioned quality, dual rods, cost as much as china single rod bs, and made in america. Phones can last a good amount of time if you keep them with minimal apps or ability to archive unused apps. Anything hvac related.... f that........ I give up on that area. Cooktop...... get yourself some used thermadore/viking, guaranteed better than shit stuff at home depot. They have actual schematics printed on the bottom, and easy to operate on when you need repairs. My viking hood is ridiculous compared to consumer stuff. The sheets of SS are food grade and thicccccc, and it's not often that you find SS that is legitimately heavy. It's darn near dent proof too, and the vent motor is completely separate. The parts are so big and rugged, but extremely simple in design, if they get filthy, you dont need to buy a new filter, bring it outside, soap, scrub, hose it down.

Cookies and data collection shits me. The majority of websites you visit these days collect and sell data, it should be criminal. We have governments telling us all about the dangers of cyber crime and data protection yet they sit back while big corporations screw over everyone.

Social media has it's pros and cons I believe. Not sure what outweighs more, but it seems people tend to focus on the negative more than the positive.

Car racing simulators. Those fucking video game racing simulators are harder than real life.

How have car batteries not improved to be 5 years or better?

In fact, their warranties now only go for 2 years instead of 3 because they want you to buy a new one

Talk about a big scam
I have had batteries go 9years on a (Panasonic) in a Corolla.

I would add that the Tesla Batteries aren’t up to their claims. Saw the same thing with each version of the Prius. Toyota figured it out Elon.

Back