Things that are surprisingly worse with new technology

Nothing should be touch screen in a car. You have to look at the screen and take your eyes off the road.

Reject touch screen. Return to knobs and buttons.

EU driving regulatory body released a study on this in 2021(?). They found out that touchscreen dashboards are highly distracting. Car manufacturers listened and began reverting back to analog controls.

Tesla who basically accelerated this design choice did so for cost cutting measures.

EU driving regulatory body released a study on this in 2021(?). They found out that touchscreen dashboards are highly distracting. Car manufacturers listened and began reverting back to analog controls.

Tesla who basically accelerated this design choice did so for cost cutting measures.
Yeah well Tesla sucks lol

Just finished a book on this that just came out called "The Anxious Generation." It came out like a couple of days ago. It may be relevant to your interests, but yeah, lot of compelling evidence that the generation who has gone through puberty in the smartphone era have a LOT of issues, and worse yet, it creates issues for normal people having to interact with them.

Jonathan Haidt. Really interesting psychologist and writer. Read a couple of his previous books. I’ll have to check it out.

This is more of a general thing, not one product specifically. But as manufacturing gets more and more advanced, I feel like the trend isn't making better things but cheaper things. The obvious example is the Ikea furnitures. But that exist in other industries too. Things use to be passed down through generations but not anymore. And the byproduct is tons of waste.

This is more of a general thing, not one product specifically. But as manufacturing gets more and more advanced, I feel like the trend isn't making better things but cheaper things. The obvious example is the Ikea furnitures. But that exist in other industries too. Things use to be passed down through generations but not anymore. And the byproduct is tons of waste.
Everything has become disposable or a subscription

I hadn’t played a video game in like a decade and I got the itch so I decided to buy a game.

I thought you would just put the disc in and start playing the campaign like a normal game from years ago, it was like 6 hours before I could even play the game, I had to sign up for a bunch of bullshit, it was fucking painful.

And it was no better than the ones from years ago that were just plug and play.

I hadn’t played a video game in like a decade and I got the itch so I decided to buy a game.

I thought you would just put the disc in and start playing the campaign like a normal game from years ago, it was like 6 hours before I could even play the game, I had to sign up for a bunch of bullshit, it was fucking painful.

And it was no better than the ones from years ago that were just plug and play.

Everytime my son comes at me to help him with his Xbox or Metaquest it always turns into this multi step process that has me trying to remember passwords and old emails, always. It's ridiculous. I thought this tech was gonna make life easier, what happened to that dream.

AC controls in cars. The fucker who decided they should be hidden in the sensir infotainment panel needs to be lynched.

Mine has this auto button where I just set the temp. For some reason some ass hole decided auto should pull in air from outside. I don't know who uses the option to pull in air from outside but it's stupid as hell to be the default. I don't ever notice till I start smelling the disgusting pollution outside.

Mine has this auto button where I just set the temp. For some reason some ass hole decided auto should pull in air from outside. I don't know who uses the option to pull in air from outside but it's stupid as hell to be the default. I don't ever notice till I start smelling the disgusting pollution outside.
Say you like your own farts without saying you like your own farts...

Thankfully my car has a separate air intake button which does not change setting when I press auto.

Say you like your own farts without saying you like your own farts...

Thankfully my car has a separate air intake button which does not change setting when I press auto.

Honestly I'd rather smell my own farts than the shit I smell outside. Especially when I get behind the car that couldn't have possibly passed inspection legally.

Car racing simulators. Those fucking video game racing simulators are harder than real life.
I know right! It's easier for me to hit 150 in my BMW on the interstate than it is to do it in Gran Turismo....

Not that I've ever tried such a thing...

<{1-16}>

Honestly I'd rather smell my own farts than the shit I smell outside. Especially when I get behind the car that couldn't have possibly passed inspection legally.
Agreed. Or when you are in a tunnel, you also don't want external air intake.

I have all the phone apps for my radio shows and the like, but I love being able to just put my transistor radio on when I can. No internet connection to worry about and it won't run my phone battery down. When it breaks I wonder if I'll actually be able to buy another one.

Yeah I’ll add refrigerators in general. Used to be they went decades before having problems, and when they did you could get them fixed for a reasonable price. Now you’re lucky if they last 10 years and cost more to fix for even a minor problem than to just replace. It’s fucking criminal
I have to buy one soon, and I was shopping around. You can still get brand new ones without AI, WiFi, ice makers, water filters or anything else. I wonder how they hold up.

Game consoles.

Used to be able to get a new console, connect it up, chuck in your game & boom.....you're playing.

Now you plug it in, sign into bullshit, put in a game & download crap for hours....then you can start playing.

<WhitmanDefeat>
The PS2 days were the lest GREAT days for video gaming.

I think communication as a whole has suffered massively due to technology sir.
The message meaning? maybe. Definitely not the availability of it though.
Customer service of every kind just about.
hmmm, yeah slightly. The tipping expectations have gotten crazy though.
Dating is a fuckin mess from what I can tell.
whaaaaatt?? man Tinder worked wonders for me during 2019 - 2021 before I met my gf (also via Tinder). From what I hear lately is that scammers and spammers have flooded Tinder since 2022 though.
Shopping (I still don't buy online).
If it wasn't for online shopping I would not have been able to find my modded PS3, a certain part for my car, a replacement remote for my Sony TV, limited edition clothing that can't be bought in stores, etc etc. This list goes on forever for me.

Searching for jobs. All these web applications to help you complete or apply for a job are terrible. Back in the day it was fill out this application and done. Now it is upload your resume and then it loads incorrectly. Then you have to fix what was put in and then you have to add attachments, and don't even get me started on assessments that you have to take after the long ass application process.
Check out indeed.com I found a security job within a week.

Young people can't fucking TALK to humans anymore.

Bunch of goddamn retards with ADHD and no social skills because they have had a screen in their face their whole life.
This has made the hiring process in Disney World a crapshoot these last 3 years.

Last edited:
Back