Titan 40 - JZ vs Assuncao

Ron Stallings...

He always fights like he's moving through mud, and lacks killer instinct.

Ron Stallings...

He always fights like he's moving through mud, and lacks killer instinct.
Finished 12 out of his 13 wins. Maybe he's looked more listless against better competition and in his losses.

Finished 12 out of his 13 wins. Maybe he's looked more listless against better competition and in his losses.
A better way to phrase my original comment would be: Stallings lacks a sense of urgency.

This is his first fight after his UFC release and, from what I've seen, most guys who get released from the UFC usually lose their first fight back in the regional scene.

Man this is probably the worst version of Stallings i've seen.

UFC vet Ron Stallings giving a fight away against an 8-8 fighter. Can't be that inactive and bad at wrestling at this level of experience. No sense of urgency.

usman and the pbp guy were talking like he lost the fight the whole time, but i actually thought he clearly got rd 3 and arguably rd 2...

LOL! and yea, stallings got it.

I didn't pay enough attention to judge; the fight bored the crap outta me.

Wow... That sucks for Spencer.

That poor grinder got robbed. Stallings didn't even do anything in Rounds 1 and 2 to even say it might have gone to him.

the way the little announcer guy read the scores, it was like.. "wait, what?"

annnnd the judges score this 28-29 27-30 29-28 for the winner by split.. wait, what? has he never called mma scorecards before? or fight cards? has he never even seen it done? lol

usman and the pbp guy were talking like he lost the fight the whole time, but i actually thought he clearly got rd 3 and arguably rd 2...
Stallings got round 3 for sure. Round 1 & 2 should have been Spencer. Stallings did almost nothing the first two rounds. I also hate the half-assed and confusing way that the announcer read the scorecards.

the way the little announcer guy read the scores, it was like.. "wait, what?"

annnnd the judges score this 28-29 27-30 29-28 for the winner by split.. wait, what? has he never called mma scorecards before? or fight cards? has he never even seen it done? lol
Yeah that was weird lol

2-1 Vila at worst. I didn't keep score of R1, so not sure who won it.

Calvo could've won if he would've let his hands go. His inactivity and those take downs cost him the fight, imo.

Alexis Vila is still a 1.5 round fighter. He'll never beat another top 10 regional fighter.

Jorge Patino looks every bit of 43-years-old in this fight.

The commentators said he took it on short notice, so that might be why.

Both these heavyweights have good chins, probably should have bet the over 1½.

yes, it was short notice for patino. wish we had a line, tho maybe it would've been steep, anyway

yea, i did that tiny (i know your RR had the Under). i wanted to play goes 3 but did a late RR on O1.5 in this and a few others (i put it in my bet post a bit ago)

despite linderman being the short notice guy, i think he has better gas than mehmen right now

4259660_o.gif

Back when DJ was relatively in-shape.

Back