Social Tlaib urges boycott of Bill Maher after he slams BDS movement. Update: Maher responds

If you guys think one state will work, okay. I don't think it will happen and don't see any steps possible for it to happen. I'll have to leave it at that. There is no narrative that will unite the people to one nation and both peoples largely want their own state. It is like the counter to Build the Wall is to call for the US and Mexico to be one state.

Yes, the US isn't in the same position as not allowing Mexicans to vote but the US did take a lot of land from Mexico.

Possessing over a 85+% majority of non-Muslims protects India from Muslim demographics within.

I don't really see the point in bringing up India anyway, since it seems like the latest government has rallied support by railing against Muslims. Their level of "tolerance" wouldn't really be considered tolerant in 1st world circumstances.

If both Palestine and Israel possessed nukes, I would reckon that a similar level of "tolerance" between the two populations could be observed. As for the matter at hand, only one side possesses such calibre of weapons (along with a host of other advantages), which is why they use their advantageous position to hammer the other one into the gorund.
ROFL, indeed, I have to wonder where the ignorance was obtained that India is "tolerant" to Muslims by contemporary American liberal standards.

They just revoked autonomy for the state of Kashmir, a predominantly Muslim state where they outnumber Hindus ~5:2, they're so "tolerant".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_revocation_of_Jammu_and_Kashmir's_special_status

Guess some people missed that headline.

Possessing over a 85+% majority of non-Muslims protects India from Muslim demographics within.

I don't really see the point in bringing up India anyway, since it seems like the latest government has rallied support by railing against Muslims. Their level of "tolerance" wouldn't really be considered tolerant in 1st world circumstances.

If both Palestine and Israel possessed nukes, I would reckon that a similar level of "tolerance" between the two populations could be observed. As for the matter at hand, only one side possesses such calibre of weapons (along with a host of other advantages), which is why they use their advantageous position to hammer the other one into the gorund.

But India has as many Muslims as Pakistan if not more. And while the Western press like to single out Hindu Nationalist behavior they pretty much ignore Muslim bullying and chauvinism within India. One of the most intolerant and bigotted Islamic ideologies is Deobandism, which is based in India. The Taleban in Af-Pak and a large portion of Pakistan's Islamist bullies follow Deobandism . Even while India controlled its part of Kashmir, they sat by and did nothing while Pakistan supported Islamic militants ethnically cleansed and killed Hindus from Kashmir.

I do agree though that Israel is brutalizing the Palestinians because it can. Just like how the Nazis brutalized 'the other' because they could. If West grew some balls and conscience and stopped supporting Israel and giving in to the Israel lobby and Jewish votes, things would change.

Meh, I imagine anyone that would boycott his show in response to this already thinks he's alt right and doesn't watch him.

A better effort than what SadDildo offered.

Sure many conservatives go on his show but most aren't politicians so I think there is less risk for them. To be fair there have been conservative politicians on there like Rick Santorum but IIRC when he was there he was trotted out as a never-Trump right winger. Anyway the point is there is more downside for a politician who has to win elections to go on there. Plus his show is filmed in Los Angeles so kinda out of the way for a DC politician.

Maye when she's out of office it'll make more sense for her though I doubt she'd go on even then.

I really don't see the logic. She's plenty controversial already, so if there's one positive thing I can say about her, it's that she doesn't seem to be afraid to speak her mind. All she would be doing is arguing her point. I don't think there's an angle where Bill Maher costs her votes, considering she'd just be arguing a position that she's already put out there publicly(unless she couldn't articulate her point, and look like an idiot).

If anything, I think calling for an all out boycott for some comedian just offering his opinion, paints her in a far worse light. We're not there yet, but let's say Maher publicly offered her a spot. Don't you think she'd look rather cowardly, if she didn't show up for whatever reason, and instead kept asking him to be silenced for disagreeing with her?

ROFL, indeed, I have to wonder where the ignorance was obtained that India is "tolerant" to Muslims by contemporary American liberal standards.

They just revoked autonomy for the state of Kashmir, a predominantly Muslim state where they outnumber Hindus ~5:2, they're so "tolerant".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indian_revocation_of_Jammu_and_Kashmir's_special_status

Guess some people missed that headline.
India is tolerant relative to Pakistan and to MidEast Muslim nations. I never said they were tolerant along Western standards.

If you think India hasn't been giving in to Muslim demands, you should read the below article from Haaretz, which touches on the ethnic cleansing and slaughter of Hindus by Muslims in Indian controlled Kashmir.

Imran Khan Says India Is Planning Ethnic Cleansing in Kashmir. But Pakistan Has Actually Committed It

Pakistan's prime minister says India's Kashmir move is motivated by a 'Hindu supremacist version of Hitler's Lebensraum.' Will he own up to Pakistan's own role in violently changing the Valley's demography, backing jihadists who have spread terror worldwide?

https://www.haaretz.com/world-news/...n-kashmir-but-pakistan-committed-it-1.7686207

-
At the onset of Independence Hindus and Christians made up a sizeable portion of Pakistan, but now they are an insignificant minority, due to ethnic cleansing and forced conversions. In Bangladesh, Pakistan had rape camps, where they carried out rapes of Hindu women . Hindus and Christians were mass slaughtered and cleansed from Bangladesh.

But India has as many Muslims as Pakistan if not more. And while the Western press like to single out Hindu Nationalist behavior they pretty much ignore Muslim bullying and chauvinism within India. One of the most intolerant and bigotted Islamic ideologies is Deobandism, which is based in India. The Taleban in Af-Pak and a large portion of Pakistan's Islamist bullies follow Deobandism . Even while India controlled its part of Kashmir, they sat by and did nothing while Pakistan supported Islamic militants ethnically cleansed and killed Hindus from Kashmir.

I do agree though that Israel is brutalizing the Palestinians because it can. Just like how the Nazis brutalized 'the other' because they could. If West grew some balls and conscience and stopped supporting Israel and giving in to the Israel lobby and Jewish votes, things would change.

They have a lot of Muslims but they have even more Hindus. Being surrounded by 1 billion Hindus, will take the air away from most attempts at igniting a revolution. Just imagine if the original European settlers had been surrounded by a billion native Americans.

No doubt the Muslims are bullies. There's a reason why you don't really see "Buddhaphobia or Hinduphobia", and it's mostly because they are localized religions that have no true intention of spreading beyond their territory. That's not necessarily the case when it comes to Islam, or Christianity in past times (not so much today with a lot of the wind having gone out from its sails).

Things could change for the worse too. From what I understand, a lot of Israelis are brought up to believe that they are cornered with no allies beyond the U.S., and they are very worried about the scenario of a Holocaust being repeated again. If America pulled its support, the response could be tantamount to a wild animal lashing out, when it feels like its last chances of survival have gone away. In the end, they have entertained scenarios such the "Samson option", which reflect their mentality in that regard. To rather govern over a pile of ashes, than to compromise from their position.

They have a lot of Muslims but they have even more Hindus. Being surrounded by 1 billion Hindus, will take the air away from most attempts at igniting a revolution.

No doubt the Muslims are bullies. There's a reason why you don't really see "Buddhaphobia or Hinduphobia", and it's mostly because they are localized religions that have no true intention of spreading beyond their territory. That's not necessarily the case when it comes to Islam, or Christianity in past times (not so much today with a lot of the wind having gone out from its sails).

Things could change for the worse too. From what I understand, a lot of Israelis are brought up to believe that they are cornered with no allies beyond the U.S., and they are very worried about the scenario of a Holocaust being repeated again. If America pulled its support, the response could be tantamount to a wild animal lashing out, when it feels like its last chances of survival have gone away. In the end, they have entertained scenarios such the "Samson option", which reflect their mentality in that regard. To rather govern over a pile of ashes, than to compromise from their position.

They have 200ish million Muslims or thereabouts. In Southern parts of India their (Hindu and Christian) fertility rates is below replacement level , with some states having TFR to match Japan and parts of Western Europe. But Muslim TFR in these states hasn't crashed to the same extent. Even a small % of Muslims is enough to push Islamic cultural chauvinism, as one can see in parts of Europe. This is not to say there aren't liberal Muslims, but the sad fact is that Muslim orgs. tend to be chauvinistic and Muslims (in general) aren't opposing those within their nations and communities holding supremacist ideals, like how gentile Whites have opposed White power.

But I do want to point out that Islamic bullying is also correlated with region and culture, because Malaysia is majority Muslim and relatively tolerant to minorities.

Israelis have been playing the victim card to enable their oppression of Palestinians. Painting themselves as the real underdog on the verge of extinction all so that they can keep putting the jackboot to the Palestinians. WNists have started to do the same thing in America, playing victim so that they can justify a return to America of old where White Power was acceptable and celebrated.

Last edited:
I really don't see the logic. She's plenty controversial already, so if there's one positive thing I can say about her, it's that she doesn't seem to be afraid to speak her mind. All she would be doing is arguing her point. I don't think there's an angle where Bill Maher costs her votes, considering she'd just be arguing a position that she's already put out there publicly(unless she couldn't articulate her point, and look like an idiot).
Comedians like Maher make their career off of making people appear like idiots so I cans see why a sitting politician would be reluctant to go on. You'd have to be a really sharp.
If anything, I think calling for an all out boycott for some comedian just offering his opinion, paints her in a far worse light. We're not there yet, but let's say Maher publicly offered her a spot. Don't you think she'd look rather cowardly, if she didn't show up for whatever reason, and instead kept asking him to be silenced for disagreeing with her?
It would be a bad look in the eyes of some but I don't think it would matter much to her constituents.

Comedians like Maher make their career off of making people appear like idiots so I cans see why a sitting politician would be reluctant to go on. You'd have to be a really sharp.

Is she afraid of not being sharp though? Shouldn't she be confident in her own abilities? If she's so informed on the issue, surely she can handle some comedian, no?

No matter how you slice it, if she doesn't want to do it for political reasons or concern that she might get humiliated, it would be pure cowardice, as she's not confident in expressing herself outside of her bubble.

I mean, celebrities in general have just as much to worry about if they go on a show like that and say the wrong thing, or look like a clown. Maher himself has to consider the spotlight he's in. They're not afraid. Why would you give that excuse to Thalib?

Is she afraid of not being sharp though? Shouldn't she be confident in her own abilities? If she's so informed on the issue, surely she can handle some comedian, no?

No matter how you slice it, if she doesn't want to do it for political reasons or concern that she might get humiliated, it would be pure cowardice, as she's not confident in expressing herself outside of her bubble.

I mean, celebrities in general have just as much to worry about if they go on a show like that and say the wrong thing, or look like a clown. Maher himself has to consider the spotlight he's in. They're not afraid. Why would you give that excuse to Thalib?
I think she would do fine on the show, Maher is too smart to be butchering people on his show.

But ultimately she just has to answer to her constituents, a very poor district that probably could give a shit less about BDS except for a Muslim minority that is probably engaged and sympathetic. Maher is what she would do if she had national stage aspirations like (and I hate to mention her again in one thread) Gabbard.

Because I don't think she owes Maher anything and I don't think her appearing on his show would produce much of value.

They have 200ish million Muslims or thereabouts. In Southern parts of India their fertility rates is below replacement level , with some states having TFR to match Japan and parts of Western Europe. But Muslim TFR in these states hasn't crashed to the same extent. Even a small % of Muslims is enough to push Islamic cultural chauvinism, as one can see in parts of Europe. This is not to say there aren't liberal Muslims, but the sad fact is that Muslim orgs. tend to be chauvinistic and Muslims (in general) aren't opposing those within their nations and communities holding supremacist ideals, like how gentile Whites have opposed White power.

Only in an ultra-tolerant state. You don't see Muslims pushing their weight in a lot of countries that handle their business.

But I do want to point out that Islamic bullying is also correlated with region and culture, because Malaysia is majority Muslim and relatively tolerant to minorities.

It really depends on whether fundamentalist/jihadist ideology has successfully spread to an area or not. Some Muslim states tend to take care of business in that regard, some don't.

Israelis have been playing the victim card to enable their oppression of Palestinians. Painting themselves as the real underdog on the verge of extinction all so that they can keep putting the jackboot to the Palestinians. WNists have started to do the same thing in America, playing victim so that they can justify a return to America of old where White Power was acceptable and celebrated.

It's often the victimhood/persecution complex that gives way to the idea of "justified violence".

Unlike most, I don't really give a shit about American white nationalism. If some guys want to establish their own "white guy" community, good for them, provided that they don't entertain any ideas of holding the jack-boot over other ethnicities, and benefiting from the process. There have been plenty of black nationalists as well.

If your idea is to fuck off and live amongst like-minded individuals, I've got no problem with it. If your idea is to fuck with the rest and reign as over-lord accompanied by a clique of "elites" who enjoy from privileges that others don't have, then I don't have any time for it. That's just not something that's viable for the long-term.

Do it like the Amish have done. America has got plenty of land.

Last edited:
Point of privilege: not a single Talib supporter can afford HBO

Popcorn.gif

Say what you want about these 'Squad' ladies but they've actually done something great here which was bringing attention to the complete passiveness that the U.S government has when it comes to criticizing Israel. Are they hypocrites? Yes. Is BDS a bunch of bull? Yes.. (imo) but I'm just happy to see this being openly discussed now.

Where are the Conservative politicians who don't bend over for Israel?

Back