Media Tom Aspinall Calls Cain Velasquez "Best & Favorite" Heavyweight MMA Fighter EVER - Hints At Fighting In Manchester

the man just abused a prime jds
prime jds was considered the best MMA HW boxer with 1 punch ko power
basicaly prime jds was an upgraded version of nganou
with more stamina and more heart

well if a prime cain can do it on jds
pretty sure he has a big chance to do it to any HW on this planet

JDS is not an upgraded version of Ngannou. JDS wasn't even really a 1 shot KO artist. he was a swarmer and fought nothing like Ngannou. he also had a specific weakness against being clinched that Cain exploited.

did you see what happened when Cain tried to clinch Ngannou? he got folded like a lawn chair on his very first attempt. i know you'll say "but he was washed up" yeah no, that's exactly how he gets into the clinch even when he was in his prime, he just walks straight into you with zero defense. it's crazy to me that you think doing ONE thing to a SINGLE fighter means you can do it to anyone. it was funny even Cain's excuse: "i got too close too quickly" bro, that was your ONLY style of fighting your entire career. if he stayed out in the open range with Ngannou who has a fuckin 85in. reach, he would've been KO'd just like he was vs JDS wild ass overhand right that he threw like he was pitching a baseball.

Econoreem stopped JDS just 2 years after his last loss to Cain. many people thought JDS would smash any version of Overeem, and the opposite happened. he didn't even have to clinch him, he literally beat JDS at his own game. does that mean Overeem can knock any HW out in the world with a left hook? no.

even if you don't agree with my opinion, you have to atleast acknowledge that Cain has zero striking defense and that in the HW division is usually a sign that you won't stay undefeated for long. why do you think Kongo kept catching him with the SAME right hand in every rd of their fight and rocking him? why do you think JDS KO'd him the first time? why do you think he got slept by Ngannou? because he doesn't block, dodge, slip, parry SHIT. he just walks in and hopes the other guy goes into a defensive shell, or he can tank the few hits they get off before he closes in on them.

JDS had cain face down, ass up in a minute.

this. that's his biggest weakness. that's why his offense was so aggro to cover his shitty defense. his idea of head movement was to move his head back and forth like a windshield wiper.

i never got the hype on Cain while people were simultaneously shitting all over Fedor even though he has way more fights and was dominant for way longer facing MANY different styles over the course of his career. even now, people in this thread are acting like he was invincible, saying he'd beat guys like Ngannou and Ubereem in his prime? i think that's crazy, those 2 guys specifically are nightmare matchups for Cain. one guy has the death touch in his fists, immense physical strength, and has a unique ability to find people's chins during scrambles and exchanges, the other guy was an absolute monster in the clinch and the best knees in the history of the HW division. not to mention both are gigantic.

his dominance during his reign was basically fighting 2 guys over and over again that he was accustomed to beating.
Reem also has great BJJ so Cain would have to be careful with him on the ground.

One of the GOATS, being the GOAT could have been. Skill for skill, hard to claim in his prime he was not

How exactly is Cain beating Prime Jones? Let's not forget Jones beat Prime DC 49-46 and it wasn't really close.
Cain mauls him and tkos him in two

Cain at his peak is twice the fighter dc is. Also Cain could never make 205

Is Cain getting overlooked as the HW MMA Goat?

Cain had the highest peak and was the most talented of any heavyweight in MMA history. His peak was so short, albeit mostly due to injuries, that he can't be considered the greatest of all time.

Look how Cain treated 33 year old Big Nog's head like a speed bag.

Velasquez-quick-KO-Nog.gif

1550y0m.gif

Had 33 year old Fedor came to the UFC instead of Strikeforce, Cain would have brutally finished him. Look at the position that Brett Rogers was able to get Fedor in. Cain would have kept playing whack-a-mole with Fedor's head until he finished him like he did to 33 year old Big Nog.

ezgif-com-optimize-1.gif

Jon wouldn't need the added weight. He could show up at 220 and beat Cain. What takedowns? Prime Olympian DC went like 1-8 trying to take Jon down and got taken down 3 times himself.

Most likely, Jon uses his speed, length, and skill to pick off Cain at range. It would be a unanimous decision for Jones. I think maybe some of you are forgetting just how much of a monster Jon was in 2015.
...this.

Jon is GOAT like it or not

Tommy is the rightful champ. The future heavyweight goat. Only a matter of time
He seems to have all the tools for sure. Just wondering how legit his cardio and TDD are against strong wrestling.

Even ate a bomb from Pavlovich like nothing, so he def got a chin.

...this.

Jon is GOAT like it or not
Except Jon didn't want to even fight DC at HW because he said it'd give DC the advantage, so he's basically admitting that he not only needed the steroid advantage, but also the age and weight class advantage as well to fight DC.

If he felt he could beat Cain he would've put his money where his mouth was and moved up to HW.

JDS is not an upgraded version of Ngannou. JDS wasn't even really a 1 shot KO artist. he was a swarmer and fought nothing like Ngannou. he also had a specific weakness against being clinched that Cain exploited.

did you see what happened when Cain tried to clinch Ngannou? he got folded like a lawn chair on his very first attempt. i know you'll say "but he was washed up" yeah no, that's exactly how he gets into the clinch even when he was in his prime, he just walks straight into you with zero defense. it's crazy to me that you think doing ONE thing to a SINGLE fighter means you can do it to anyone. it was funny even Cain's excuse: "i got too close too quickly" bro, that was your ONLY style of fighting your entire career. if he stayed out in the open range with Ngannou who has a fuckin 85in. reach, he would've been KO'd just like he was vs JDS wild ass overhand right that he threw like he was pitching a baseball.

Econoreem stopped JDS just 2 years after his last loss to Cain. many people thought JDS would smash any version of Overeem, and the opposite happened. he didn't even have to clinch him, he literally beat JDS at his own game. does that mean Overeem can knock any HW out in the world with a left hook? no.

even if you don't agree with my opinion, you have to atleast acknowledge that Cain has zero striking defense and that in the HW division is usually a sign that you won't stay undefeated for long. why do you think Kongo kept catching him with the SAME right hand in every rd of their fight and rocking him? why do you think JDS KO'd him the first time? why do you think he got slept by Ngannou? because he doesn't block, dodge, slip, parry SHIT. he just walks in and hopes the other guy goes into a defensive shell, or he can tank the few hits they get off before he closes in on them.
are u really comparing a prime jds to the past prime jds that nganou fought?

im curious lol

the only thing that nganou posesses is a 1 ko power wich all HW posseses

prime jds has an invincibilty aura back then keep knocking anyone you put at him
only cain stopped him
prime nganou well lmfao lost to an aging stipe and blackbeast

bro nganou isnt special
dude doesnt even have heart and cardio

look at his resume and tell me who he beat that isnt a 40 year old should be retired fighter

aging stipe literaly manhandled him like a baby
the same stipe who was beaten by a post cain war jds who took alot of damage

One of my more controversial MMA takes is that, at his peak, Cain Velasquez was the best heavyweight ever. I believe the version of Cain who nearly killed Junior Dos Santos twice could have beaten Fedor, Stipe, Ngannou and Jones.
It’s not an absurd take. Agree he would demolish Stipe, who couldn’t put together enough wins to get a title shot at that time. I think Fedor would look like the start of Cain/JDS2 except Fedor would punish him for the unsuccessful takedown attempts.

He has his eyes set on Surigau as well.

Would love to have seen Cain vs Cormier or Cain vs Prime Fedor.
Cain was incredible.

"PRIME CAIN" was probably the best ever. It just didn't last that long. Maybe that is why hè isn't in the GOAT talķs very much...?

Where is he at with his legal troubles btw?

The mythical Cain is the best HW of all time theory, ah yes, some still seem to believe this.

The fact of the matter is that Cain was an elite top level HW, but not better or anymore special than Stipe, DC, Overeem, Francis, Fedor, Werdum or JDS.

There is no way that Cain was or would be the best HW of all time. The "was".... at his best, he got KOd by JDS and got submitted and clearly beaten by Werdum. I am not going to hold the Ngannou loss against him considering he was way beyond his best years. You can't be the best when you lose and show vulnerability like that.

And the "would be".....this theory is all based on his potential because he was a very skilled and well rounded figher with very good cardio. But Cain had one flaw that IMO would not let him gather any sort of momenutm to be a goat or the best HW. And that is he was reckless at times and not defensively strong. And that skill is one of the most important assets a fighter needs to have to be dominnat over a long period of time. If you look at the goat contenders like Jones, GSP, Khabib, DJ, Anderson, one common trait is they are very defensvily responsible and rarely put themselves in harms way, they are patient and calcualted and don't open themselves to making big mistakes. And that is why Cain would never win enough fights in a row to be a goat level figher, eventually he would get caught again if he fought Reem, Stipe, or other top HWs.

And IMO is why he wasnt or would be the best HW.

Back