Media Tom Aspinall to Chael: "I Won't Sell Myself Out and Act Like a Clown"

See? What i say? Fans get in their feelings when ufc fighters won't dance for them like a circus monkey. It's hilarious.
Couldn’t care less what he or any fighter does. It’s just facts. The most popular fighters are the ones that run their mouths.

Couldn’t care less what he or any fighter does. It’s just facts. The most popular fighters are the ones that run their mouths.
And we need you to tell us this because?

Sonnen fake tapped twice in title fights, was convicted for money laundering and fraud, was a systematic cheater and roider, and it seems someone with mental issues as per what happened in Vegas.

He's a liar, cheater, criminal.

People give him a pass because he is charismatic and funny, but he is a scumbag.

Good for him.

We can name guys like Fedor, Machida and Khabib who did that "same thing". But I am not sure how authentic they are.

Fedor said he represent russia.
Khabib had strong father who played huge part in his life and decisions.
When Machida show respect to his opponent, is it him as Lyoto or martial artist?

Ofcourse its hard to draw that line. But my point is just because you dont serve money machine doesnt mean you are 100% authentic. And there is nothing wrong with that because usually we are social animals.

I like Tom, and this is cool.

But, you're a fighter dude. Selling yourself is exactly what you're doing.

This is like saying, I'm not a whore, I have a onlyfans. Congrats on the honour.
Not really comparable. He is a fighter, so he's selling his skills. The promotion buys his skills and it's the promotions job to sell his fights. The trouble is a) the promotion doesn't do that and everyone forgets that and b) what the fans are actually buying en masse, cuz it ain't fights anymore

If someone complains he doesn't get paid enough while he doesn't notice the benefits of promotion, that's one thing. I don't see Aspinall complaining. So maybe he doesn't need the advice, is fine doing his own thing. Because with the complaining comes the worth aspect. You get what you sell. At least the principle.

Looking forward to the threads about Aspinall complaining about pay being passed over for title shots.

Chael is not trying to be "genuinely helpful", the guy is trying to cash in on his 1 million youtube subscribers, by churning out as many poorly thought out and researched videos as humanly possible; nothing more.
Exactly. So many of the videos are pointless / rambling. It’s just for views and $.
I use to enjoy his videos. Now I barely watch as it’s the same old nonsense.

Aspinall's humility is one of the things I like about him. He's actually become a little more... brash and self-confident in his last several media appearances
Yeah, that "one of the greatest HW walking on this earth" line, I was a bit surprised, although when you read this kinda things instead of actually hearing it, il always looks/sounds the worst possible way

Chael made the most of his poor win-loss record, but Tom Aspinall doesn't believe he needs to sell himself out and act like a clown for 'views and money'.

Is he right?

Is he wrong?

Is there a way he can put himself in the spotlight without being a phony like Chael, Strickland or Colby?

Chael is so punchable. "Sell your mother for fame and prostitute yourself for views in the name of entertainment.

Chael has no dignity whatsoever.

Chael is not trying to be "genuinely helpful", the guy is trying to cash in on his 1 million youtube subscribers, by churning out as many poorly thought out and researched videos as humanly possible; nothing more.
That s interesting. I think shale is onto bigger things. His YT channel is one of many tools to be a voice in the combat sport entertainment community.
Thing is, he is such a shill that his channel can only be means to obtain bigger things, like his commentator gig, or having the UFC agree to have fighters grapple in his promotion, etc.

Imagine Shale with his wit and following NOT being a shill and rather a genuine smart ass? He would be much more popular than now, but he would lose all his corporate perks.

I think it is clear that his shilling is paid by undisclosed promotion agreements between him and the UFC / Espn / etc., and/or that it is part of his existing contractual framework.

Shale is a very smart man and is not shilling for free.

He should've ended it with "Whatcha Gonna Do Brother?"
OR:
200.gif

He's already entertaining. He wins in impressive fashion. What you want him to jump through some flaming hoops?

If you want to be marketable you have to be entertaining out of the cage too.

Khabib, GSP, Anderson Silva, Overeem, JDS, Jon Jones and many others are proof you dont need to be a flamboyant shit talker like Connor/Chael/Bisping to be highly paid.

I find Aspinall quite entertaining. He's an exciting fighter with a great personality and sure, sometimes you'll have a nemesis that brings that out in you (Jones/Cormier) but for the most part, cringy wwe style shit talk isnt neccesary at all to be highly paid.

None of them approach the money Conor made. I'd argue it isn't even close.

I never said he can't be successful, I am saying he is capping his earning potential.

If you want to be marketable you have to be entertaining out of the cage too.
No shit sherlock. He never said anything about being any of that though. All he says he doesnt want to act like a clown to further his career and then everyone gets upset because they think he owes them something.

No shit sherlock. He never said anything about being any of that though. All he says he doesnt want to act like a clown to further his career and then everyone gets upset because they think he owes them something.

Who is upset? It seems you are the only one upset lol

RIDE A UNICYCLE WHILE JUGGLING FOR US,YOU IMPERTINENT SLAVE

Who is upset? It seems you are the only one upset lol
Im just responding to the people who dont like that he wont do pirouettes for them

That s interesting. I think shale is onto bigger things. His YT channel is one of many tools to be a voice in the combat sport entertainment community.
Thing is, he is such a shill that his channel can only be means to obtain bigger things, like his commentator gig, or having the UFC agree to have fighters grapple in his promotion, etc.

Imagine Shale with his wit and following NOT being a shill and rather a genuine smart ass? He would be much more popular than now, but he would lose all his corporate perks.

I think it is clear that his shilling is paid by undisclosed promotion agreements between him and the UFC / Espn / etc., and/or that it is part of his existing contractual framework.

Shale is a very smart man and is not shilling for free.
I dont think he is motivated by just telling the truth,if there is nothing in it for him. The guy is a tremendous bullshit artist,and he is putting that talent to good use.

Back