Tom Clancy's: The Division 2 - Official Thread

51689184_10217070371086857_7085199723333681152_o.jpg

Also my email said I can invite up to three Uplay friends to join me in the beta, so if anyone has a Uplay account wants to send me their info to friend them, I'll invite you (@Diogenes of Sinope maybe a better option than trying to preorder and potentially cancel)

Just got my beta key. Fuck yeah.

Got an invite. Downloading now.

<20>

Can't wait beta is currently downloading. Xbox sent me beta code for playing the first one.

Played all of three minutes before I had to go to work, got owned by the first two dudes I encountered, my aim is shit

Enjoying it so far. More of the same of the first game so if you liked that you'll like this. The environment is pretty good as well but i've not seen any variation in weather or time of day yet.

Character customization seems to be locked at the moment. You can only pick a randomized character in the beta and selecting sex is replaced by "body type" to avoid offending the 5 or so trannies and SJWs that might be playing.

Dunno about consoles, but the PC version has the same horrendous stutter issues that affected the previous game.

Just played a couple of hours enjoy it so far tho did just get disconnected while on a misson. Will play more when i wake up

What editions is everyone running with? Standard or Ultimate is the way to go as I see it with the price clustering for Gold and Ult. after the initial hike. With editions DZ and Phoenix for collectors.

Went with the standard edition because I don't know how much time I'll have for it with so many games coming out.

About the beta:

The day/night cycle is a welcomed addition, but enemies are sometimes impossible to see a night. A flashlight/flare mod would help. It does, however, add an elevated level of tension at night since visibility is so low.

The game chooses what sounds it wants to play. Sometimes I shoot my semi-auto sig and it sounds normal, other times it pretends to be an RPK. Sound effects are completely absent for my turret and occasionally for my grenades. My friends have reported the same issues regarding dropped audio. I hope these problems aren't present when the full game launches. It really kills the immersion, imo.

We've had our fair share of lost connections as well, but that's expected for a beta. I rarely get booted (usually its during the start of a mission), but my friends will get kicked in the middle of firefights, in safe houses, going through their inventory, etc.

I'm having fun with the game, nonetheless.

I went with the Ultimate after a bit of sticker-shock from the 110€ price tag and am now an hour and change into the beta. I've reached and settled at base with a little exploring in. With campaign estimated at 50 hours (for my take-it-all-in playstyle) and then with MP plus sides, it's a party at Tom Clancy's house for a couple euro/hour. Worth it in foresight, IMO.

I got booted a few times like Fije but no big. I like it. The screen seems too busy sometimes and I haven't played a talking-controller title since HZD – something I'm not sure if I like or dislike for a shooter experience as it's very mech to me so time will tell if I need mute that.

I hope they tack more an audible thump and, as it were, weight onto the AR class as it's been shallow to my ears and the enemies absorb too much damage before being downed – maybe just me. Looting kills on that note is unsatisfying (walk toward the light, my son) but movement feels good; tactical roll bless. I'm used to crouch, crouch-run, and prone from Ghost Recon so I'll need unlearn that and adjust to a more cover-or-croak approach, the in-out transitions for which have been so far seamless.

If anyone is reading this and on the fence, don't be. Pick it up.

Enjoying the little bit I played so far, gameplay-wise seems like more of the same. Almost gunned down the civilians parties once or twice, lol. Hella nostalgic though from when i lived there, like "I used to work in that building... I remember walking with my GF there..."

I went with the Ultimate after a bit of sticker-shock from the 110€ price tag and am now an hour and change into the beta. I've reached and settled at base with a little exploring in. With campaign estimated at 50 hours (for my take-it-all-in playstyle) and then with MP plus sides, it's a party at Tom Clancy's house for a couple euro/hour. Worth it in foresight, IMO.

I got booted a few times like Fije but no big. I like it. The screen seems too busy sometimes and I haven't played a talking-controller title since HZD – something I'm not sure if I like or dislike for a shooter experience as it's very mech to me so time will tell if I need mute that.

I hope they tack more an audible thump and, as it were, weight onto the AR class as it's been shallow to my ears and the enemies absorb too much damage before being downed – maybe just me. Looting kills on that note is unsatisfying (walk toward the light, my son) but movement feels good; tactical roll bless. I'm used to crouch, crouch-run, and prone from Ghost Recon so I'll need unlearn that and adjust to a more cover-or-croak approach, the in-out transitions for which have been so far seamless.

If anyone is reading this and on the fence, don't be. Pick it up.
Im torn between this and Anthem.
both seem pretty ambiguous in terms of quality to me.

also Ubisoft and EA are untrustworthy

Also my email said I can invite up to three Uplay friends to join me in the beta, so if anyone has a Uplay account wants to send me their info to friend them, I'll invite you (@Diogenes of Sinope maybe a better option than trying to preorder and potentially cancel)

Am I too late to snag one of those??

Back