Top 5 MMA grapplers ever

Olivera, Kevin lee, Gregor, tony
Lol cmon. He wouldn't even need to wrestle to beat Kevin Lee or Gregor, nobody cared about Oliveira before he beat Tony, and the Tony fight fell through a million times

aoki and palhares seem to be the most dangerous grapplers. that is, the end is predictable for anyone dumb enough to roll with them. maia and werdum are also pretty consistent, although plenty of fighters have held their own on the mat against them. but the most effective blanket was probably khabib, the dagestani smoke break.

Aside from the double leg TD, GSPs overall grappling is overrated. He couldn’t even finish Dan hardy despite having top control for 25mins.

GSP, Khabib, Maia

Tough for me to pick the last 2, there are a lot of guys you could argue for

U don’t know shit about grappling
The fuck do you know?

DMcb31DXkAECFHn.jpg

He's only landed the most takedowns ever

Moronic take by you
When there’s actual resistance, aka Grappling, GSP is not as strong. He’s got a good blast double, after that it’s kinda meh

In no particular order...

Khabib, Aoki, Maia, Werdum, and Oleynik.

I would put Oliveira, but part of being one of the "Best MMA Grapplers Ever" is that you have to take into account defense, and Oliveira has been subbed several times.

As for GSP, it doesn't feel right to put him in this category of "Best MMA Grapplers Ever." I consider GSP an all-rounder who incorporated a lot of grappling into his game plans. Sure, he was great at controlling guys on the ground and defending takedowns, but he wasn't a top control wizard like Maia nor a submission savant like Aoki, Werdum, and Oleynik. Plus, if we're having an honest conversation here, both of his losses are by submission.

I know GSPs submission game is overrated.
The thread is top 5 grapplers ever

Not top 5 submission artists, even though GSP does have good subs

Tapping Braulio Estima is pretty insane, even though it wasn't competition

GSP also subbed Matt Hughes and Michael Bisping which is impressive

Regardless he was never a big submission hunter, he was able to take down and control nearly everyone he fought which is damn impressive if you know as much about grappling as you claim

Back