Social Trump to void birthright citizenship (part of the 14th amendment)

I've always felt we should seek another amendment to negate the 14th. We are not in a phase where we need to be more selective with who is brought in. We have a selective service based economy and our immigrants should qualify as such. 1 American parent on US soil should be the general rule for citizenship when born in the US.

Ha ha. Incredible.

Trump is a fucking Scotsman. And he and all the other imbeciles that had to leave Europe because their fore-fathers couldn't hack it there are fed up of birth-right tourism?
giphy.gif

Do you have any data on birthright tourism? From what I've read, there is nothing to suggest that it's a real problem outside of a few cases that are covered under current laws.

I don't see where benefits would be any sort of issue outside of some flexibility that can be gained from having dual nationality.
Mainstream and NGO concerned with immigration peg the figure at somewhere between 30K - 40K per year, and this was a few years ago. That number may sound small but when you figure a lot of these children will get into college, then those numbers take a substantial cut out of the college slots and Financial Aid.

USA is better off harboring the children of chinese millionaires than we are with the offspring of florida tweakers.

we should just have some sort of citizenship test for all babies born here, regardless of the immigration status of their shithead parents.
Those Chinese kids pose a risk of being loyal to China than the US, which can't be said for whatever person from Florida.

I've always felt we should seek another amendment to negate the 14th. We are not in a phase where we need to be more selective with who is brought in. We have a selective service based economy and our immigrants should qualify as such. 1 American parent on US soil should be the general rule for citizenship when born in the US.

If that is what the president was proposing it would at least be legal.

That number may sound small but when you figure a lot of these children will get into college, then those numbers take a substantial cut out of the college slots and Financial Aid.

The US would no longer need to worry about "slots" and "aid" with a universal public college system.

Those Chinese kids pose a risk of being loyal to China than the US, which can't be said for whatever person from Florida.

Unless the Floridian is a Jew with duel loyalty to Israel.

JFGO-2019-Annual-Meeting1.png

I'm a true blood Australian raised by English parents who didn't become full citizens until a few years after I was born. If they wanted to deport me they're would be a riot from people I know (well maybe not a riot. But i'd probably have friends show up, get drunk and cause a ruckas about it)

Mainstream and NGO concerned with immigration peg the figure at somewhere between 30K - 40K per year, and this was a few years ago. That number may sound small but when you figure a lot of these children will get into college, then those numbers take a substantial cut out of the college slots and Financial Aid.

From Wikipedia:
The Center for Health Care Statistics estimates that there were 7,462 births to foreign residents in the United States in 2008, the most recent year for which statistics are available. That is a small fraction of the roughly 4.3 million total births that year.[4] The Center for Immigration Studies, a conservative think tank, estimated in 2012 that there were approximately 40,000 annual births to parents in the United States as birth tourists.[5][6] The Center also estimated in 2012 that total births to temporary immigrants in the United States (e.g., tourists, students, guest workers) could be as high as 200,000.[7]

I think the Center for Health Care Statistics is a whole lot more credible than the Center for Immigration Studies, which is a right wing group and not an NGO.

those racists whites they shout, while gloating about whites becoming a minority and their numbers dwindling .. lol

Why would becoming a racial minority matter? Are they treated badly or something in this country?

Minorities don’t have it worse they shout, while crying at the notion they could become one.

Birthright tourism , for anyone not from Mexico and Central America, is a scheme that caters to wealthy individuals. To get an American visit visa, a Chinese or Indian or MidEasterner has to convince the US embassy they are not an overstaying risk. This means having a good job in their country , family, affluence etc..

There is no way the people who wrote the 14th amendment thought it was ok for affluent people from across the oceans to come here and immediately confer citizenship for their offspring. This law also mocks the people who apply for a green card and wait in line for many years. When these people from the Old World give birth here and return home with the child, they are not contributing to the tax base, but their offspring is eligible to receive Financial Aid and many other benefits set aside for Americans, when they turn 18 and come here.
This post is full of bad logic, particularly when taken together with your previous post proving there already exists law enforcement mechanisms to prevent it. If need be I will elaborate on that claim when I have a bit more time. For the moment, suffice it to say there appears to be better ways to address the concern expressed in your first sentence (bold text).

I’m in agreement with Trump here. In Canada, there’s an entire industry built on this, mainly abused by the Chinese.

Back