Social Trump to void birthright citizenship (part of the 14th amendment)

I guess we can now expect conservatives to denounce the idea that the president has the power to unilaterally just change the Constitution if he doesn't like it, right?

No sir. We need a constitutional amendment.

But everyone should be on board.

Ha ha. Incredible.

Trump is a fucking Scotsman. And he and all the other imbeciles that had to leave Europe because their fore-fathers couldn't hack it there are fed up of birth-right tourism?

Couldn’t hack it there?

Those were men who wanted freedom. And a new start where hard work can get them to the top. They came to America.

Everyone that didn’t come to America was ok with state run religion. Being enslaved to fight wars for Monarchs, and loved saying “yes my Leige”

A purebred cuckold class of peasantry

That can't be true. The left has been telling me for years that mass 3rd world migration is barely a thing and most of the very few who were here are already moving back. Given that the left would never lie, and we're so stingy on legal immigration, doesn't seem possible that the 3rd most populous country in the world could have an 85% majority become a minority in just a few generations.

It's happening even faster than you think. Just since your post, the percentage of white people in the US has dropped from 85% to 63%.

Last edited:
I guess we can now expect conservatives to denounce the idea that the president has the power to unilaterally just change the Constitution if he doesn't like it, right?
I do t want the president to unilaterally change it. But it does need to be fixed. It's been abused for far too long.

Just deny citizenship to foreigners who are obvious birth tourists. Wouldn't be hard to look at their visas, country of residency and citizenship status and make a judgement.
Anchor baby immigrants too. They should be denied as well

Maybe in your disordered head that's what you heard, but "the left" hasn't been saying 3rd world migration "isn't a thing", rather it was on a historic downward trend for nearly 20 years, and wasn't the invasion Trump envisioned when riding down an escalator, before he started issuing policies, like cutting off aid to key countries, and making the issue far worse.

That's what happens when your plans are foolish and short sighted: You get what you sought to avoid.
Ah. "Trending downward" from what, exactly? From the all-time high? That's comforting. Must have been a hell of a peak to be trending downward and still a country of 230,000,000 that was 95% black and white in the 80s to be nearing "majority brown" less than half a century later. Not an invasion though, they probably just fell from the sky. Was no problem until that damn Trump took office. It's just become a problem in the last 3 years, and now we need to vote democrat so they can fix it by decriminalizing border crossings, getting rid of detention centers and offering anyone who shows up free medical insurance, education, and other social benefits, no questions asked. There's no other way to solve this problem that Trump created.

<TheDonald>

I agree with him on this; however, the constitution is clear--and the constitution can't be undone by executive order.

I'd support an amendment that ended birth-right citizenship and also allowed for citizens born outside of the US to run for president, provided they've been a citizen for more than half their life.

Ah. "Trending downward" from what, exactly? From the all-time high? That's comforting. Must have been a hell of a peak to be trending downward and still a country of 230,000,000 that was 95% black and white in the 80s to be nearing "majority brown" less than half a century later. Not an invasion though, they probably just fell from the sky. Was no problem until that damn Trump took office. It's just become a problem in the last 3 years, and now we need to vote democrat so they can fix it by decriminalizing border crossings, getting rid of detention centers and offering anyone who shows up free medical insurance, education, and other social benefits, no questions asked. There's no other way to solve this problem that Trump created.

<TheDonald>

Hey, you fuck with South and Central America for over 100 years, take all their resources and set up right wing dictators left and right, what do you think happens? When you decide to cut off key aid to these nations after pilfering their national resources and fucking their economies over allied with central banks? What then?

Democratic and Republican Presidents oversaw declining numbers. That's a fact, and the trend was steady for 20 years. Trump came in bemoaning an invasion, and his policies have led to a sharp increase in illegal immigration, and his best plan? A wall that will never get built, and detainment centers that commit human rights violations and violate US law, all at 22,000 per person a month.

"But he talks about the issue, forget the actual results!!!" lol. Moan about everyone but the person making the problem worse, directly.

@nostradumbass

But don't worry, you fucking moron, because Trump's gonna make the problem much better if he gets his way. The idea? The genius of detaining migrant families in for profit facilities, using taxpayer money and committing human rights abuses without oversight, and now? Doing it indefinitely!!! Brilliant!!

So much
<TheDonald><TheDonald><TheDonald><TheDonald><TheDonald>

Does the Constitution carve that exception out?

Could be, but I'm a problem-solver so I figured I'd brainstorm a little. :)
That would be something for the S.C. to decide. But as a layman I can't see how the people who wrote the 14th amendment ever envisioned any and all foreigners from all over the world to just come here and claim citizenship for their offspring.

The 14th amendment's birthright law was an anti-slavery law, it was not written to allow affluent Chinese,Indian,Korean,Arab etc.. to come here and claim citizenship for their offspring. Back then no one could have envisioned the advent of transatlantic air travel and how the law could be abused.

https://thehill.com/homenews/admini...ration-looking-seriously-at-ending-birthright

President Trump on Wednesday said his administration is once again seriously considering an executive order to end birthright citizenship months after several lawmakers cast doubt on his ability to take such action.

"We're looking at that very seriously," Trump told reporters as he left the White House for Kentucky. "Birthright citizenship, where you have a baby on our land — walk over the border, have a baby, congratulations, the baby's now a U.S. citizen."

-

The 14th amendment is being abused ; I hardly think the people who created it (to free slaves), intended it to apply to all the birth tourists in contemporary times.

It should be changed, but Trump cantc do it by executive order.

Interesting take. I have a similar one.

The 2nd amendment is being abused. I hardly think the people who created it (to avoid the establishment of a paid standing army) intended it to apply to all the gun nutters in contemporary times.
The 2nd amendment does not give people the right to field all the same armaments that the military fields. The 2nd is limiting on what kind of armaments a private citizen can possess. So if the 2nd can make a distinction then why can't the 14th.

This is an awesome idea.
He better do it, not just talk about it.

It should be changed, but Trump cantc do it by executive order.
Well I wish he can get the S.C. and other politicians on his side. I don't know why anyone would oppose the obvious abuse of the 14th amendment.

HOT TAKE: Ruth Bader Ginsburg must have an expiration date set, because Trump knows this one is going to the SCOTUS.

Anchor baby immigrants too. They should be denied as well
I agree on this too.
I have a somewhat nuanced view on anchor baby immigrants and birthright tourism. In general I think Trump should outlaw both , but I think an exception should be made for indigenous peoples of the Americas, especially MesoAmericans.

those racists whites they shout, while gloating about whites becoming a minority and their numbers dwindling .. lol

So stating a fact is racist? You guys are all sorts of lunatic.

My point is that I could care less what color the majority of the country is while many on the right are deathly afraid of a white minority. I say if that’s the way America ends up than so be it. You guys are terrified

He’s not “changing” the Constitution. He is interpreting it—something which is also technically forbidden. But in the bigger picture, he’s likely setting up the Supreme Court to address this question, which has heretofore gone unanswered.

That would be something for the S.C. to decide. But as a layman I can't see how the people who wrote the 14th amendment ever envisioned any and all foreigners from all over the world to just come here and claim citizenship for their offspring.

The 14th amendment's birthright law was an anti-slavery law, it was not written to allow affluent Chinese,Indian,Korean,Arab etc.. to come here and claim citizenship for their offspring. Back then no one could have envisioned the advent of transatlantic air travel and how the law could be abused.

It hasn't already been decided what that clause means? Incorporation via the 14th, as I recall, seems even less supported by the text than birthright citizenship.

Back