TUF Season 29 Episode 1 Watch Party 6/1 9 ET

Ortega gets to pick the next fight because Alex got the first 135 and 185 picks. So it looks like T-City will take an early lead

Yeah. I was asking specifically about the next 185 fight. Does he retain “possession” of the matchmaking since he got the win?

It was a decent episode, that Phillips dude reminded me of Jason Thacker.

While I didn't mind the first ep (Part of me thinks in some ways the UFC is too professional now, back in the early seasons it was the wild west and fighters were nowhere near as dedicated as they are now), I am sad this could have been Conor v Khabib. I know Dana tried and Khabib turned him down but this show would of been perfect for them. The real hatred would have led to TV gold.

I think the next matchup has huge potential. It’s the prospect I was most hyped about fighting a guy who seems really excited to play spoiler. Should be fun.

I think it might be a grinding fight--Both guys are predominantly grapplers. I give Mitch the edge in striking and overall athleticism though. I think he takes a safe decision.

I was wondering what that was called. Thanks.
There isn't really a formal name fo it. Some people call it the jokertine because Hermansson hit it a couple of times. But the reality is Cezar Ferreira hit it in like 3 straight fights a decade ago -- including twice on TUF.

Dominick cruz calls it "trap arm guillotine".

While I didn't mind the first ep (Part of me thinks in some ways the UFC is too professional now, back in the early seasons it was the wild west and fighters were nowhere near as dedicated as they are now), I am sad this could have been Conor v Khabib. I know Dana tried and Khabib turned him down but this show would of been perfect for them. The real hatred would have led to TV gold.
Yeah would have been one of the best tuf seasons period in terms of drama, at least imo. But coach conor wasn't all that good at actually coaching imo, so it would have suffered there

I expected Bermudez to win that season. He beat Jimmie Rivera to get into the house.
Yeah, I remember Bermudez back then. I didn’t realize what a run he went on when he got to the ufc. Seems like it was just a case of Bermudez running out of steam before he ever really got to fight big names. Too bad.

Diego was such an interesting guy too. His fight style is fun as fuck, it’s too bad it seems like he was never focused on training and had a lot of distractions. The guy had this ability to just turn on this super aggressive fight style like a switch and it was so fun.

Back