TUF Season 29 Episode 1 Watch Party 6/1 9 ET

I've actually never seen that

It was kinda cool - Basically Dana, Matt Serra and Nick the Tooth (later to Din Thomas) jetted around to various locals to see fight leagues and sample the local cuisine and festivities.

They would generally have a talent or two scoped and offer a contract.

It was kinda cool - Basically Dana, Matt Serra and Nick the Tooth (later to Din Thomas) jetted around to various locals to see fight leagues and sample the local quinine and festivities.
The only episode I watched Dana didn’t watch the fights because he had Derviticulitis or something

It was kinda cool - Basically Dana, Matt Serra and Nick the Tooth (later to Din Thomas) jetted around to various locals to see fight leagues and sample the local quinine and festivities.
And they signed people doing this?

And they signed people doing this?
Yes. If you’re looking to see the beginnings of current relevant ufc fighters, you’re probably best off watching contender series unless there’s a specific fighter you really want to see go through the TUF season. I will say; some cats like Tony were quite interesting

Yes. If you’re looking to see the beginnings of current relevant ufc fighters, you’re probably best off watching contender series unless there’s a specific fighter you really want to see go through the TUF season. I will say; some cats like Tony were quite interesting
I've watched contender series a few times

Did Andre have a can of dip tobacco when he was sitting on the couch?

The best part of the episode was the training. Volk put his guys to work, while Ortega was just like let's light spar. Dont shove the whole pizza down our throats, cut into slices.

Last edited:
Stale format. They should have got Rousey to start the show by sliding down a rope and giving everyone the finger.

I finally got around to watching the first episode, it was okay. I certainly think they intentionally fed the underexperienced alaskan to andre

i grew up with Killa Kem and his family. hope he does well on this show. someone said he was the last pick?
i was super close with sam sicilias little brother when i was young and have a bunch of mutual friends with michael chisea IRL, that season they were in was wild for me to see

Just watching now. Jesus, why was Alaska guy there? He trains from watching YouTube? Does he have coaches? Training partners? And he gets absolutely thrown to the wolf

Wife lived in the way north Alaska like that for a year. She was rooting for him. Now her prefered fighter is out immediately. Liked Andre too cause he has a cute daughter.

She feels like Alaska dude got setup. That wasn’t right haha

Just watching now. Jesus, why was Alaska guy there? He trains from watching YouTube? Does he have coaches? Training partners? And he gets absolutely thrown to the wolf

Wife lived in the way north Alaska like that for a year. She was rooting for him. Now her prefered fighter is out immediately. Liked Andre too cause he has a cute daughter.

She feels like Alaska dude got setup. That wasn’t right haha

He was 100% set up. Ortega chose him to fight the best guy on his team because he thought he weakest fighter of Volk’s.

He was 100% set up. Ortega chose him to fight the best guy on his team because he thought he weakest fighter of Volk’s.

Also, on coaching decisions, why did Ortega use his hammer to take out the YouTube Alaskan? I feel like most likely anyone else there with some grappling could have finished that guy, and Ortega could have used Andre to take out Volk’s #2 and better protect one of his other fighters

Will Ortega or Volanoski get to pick the next middle weight fight now?

Also, on coaching decisions, why did Ortega use his hammer to take out the YouTube Alaskan? I feel like most likely anyone else there with some grappling could have finished that guy, and Ortega could have used Andre to take out Volk’s #2 and better protect one of his other fighters

Will Ortega or Volanoski get to pick the next middle weight fight now?

Ortega gets to pick the next fight because Alex got the first 135 and 185 picks. So it looks like T-City will take an early lead

Back