Crime TX passes anti deplatforming bill for tech companies

44nutman

The Original Nut of Sherdog
@Gold
Reaction score
So the GOP is infringing on the 1st amendment rights of a private business.

Does this mean Fox News, Breitbart and other conservative media will be forced to feature liberal viewpoints.
No instead of doing something useful, it seems the GOP is only interested in stunt legislation and regulating businesses. That appears to be the only two planks in their party platform anymore.

This was already tried in Florida and blocked based on 1A. This will end up in the dumpster fire....
Which is why its a waste of time. It stunt legislation, which I hate no matter which side is doing it.
Why don't TX fix their power grid, so Ted Cruz can finally spend his winters in TX. Instead they pass shit they know will be blocked just so they can raise money, in order to stay a member of the ruling elite.

So the GOP is infringing on the 1st amendment rights of a private business.

Does this mean Fox News, Breitbart and other conservative media will be forced to feature liberal viewpoints.
You mean the publishers who can be sued for what they publish? Glad you're finally willing to admit that the tech companies are publishers and should be treated like publishers.

You mean the publishers who can be sued for what they publish? Glad you're finally willing to admit that the tech company are publishers and should be treated like publishers.

If you want the tech companies to be treated as publishers for simply sharing other publishers works, you’re gonna see a fuck ton more bannings of Republican type posters so they can avoid being sued for “publishing” that information.

If you want the tech companies to be treated as publishers for simply sharing other publishers works, you’re gonna see a fuck ton more bannings of Republican type posters so they can avoid being sued for “publishing” that information.
Great, sounds like a deal to me. They're going to have to ban a shitload of "democrat type" posters too.

You mean the publishers who can be sued for what they publish? Glad you're finally willing to admit that the tech companies are publishers and should be treated like publishers.

Social media is more like an online forum, your postings are regulated. Sherdog censors but like any other forum isn't considered a publisher.

How are you even concluding that suing a media org like Fox for lies is the same as Fox only allowing certain viewpoints?

Social media is more like an online forum, your postings are regulated. Sherdog censors but like any other forum isn't considered a publisher.

How are you even concluding that suing a media org like Fox for lies is the same as Fox only allowing certain viewpoints?
I didn't, you did. You're conflating the 2. Fox isn't pretending to be a neutral platform that's open to anybody, they pay their employees, they're specifically publishers who can publish what they want, and can be sued if what they publish violates the law. If the tech companies would like to get rid of their special protections and open themselves to being sued for the things they publish violating the law, I have no problem with them banning anybody they want.

Great, sounds like a deal to me. They're going to have to ban a shitload of "democrat type" posters too.

Literally everyone who posts against the CDC would have to be banned, for fear of Facebook being sued by someone who took their advice, had negative reaction, and then claims they did it because of a Facebook/Twitter post they saw

that’s what you want? Completely purely only the government approved speech allowed? Because that’s exactly what you will get.

I didn't, you did. You're conflating the 2. Fox isn't pretending to be a neutral platform that's open to anybody, they pay their employees, they're specifically publishers who can publish what they want, and can be sued if what they publish violates the law. If the tech companies would like to get rid of their special protections and open themselves to being sued for the things they publish violating the law, I have no problem with them banning anybody they want.

Er, Fox can't be sued for stuff that idiots say in the comments section. Similarly, tech platforms can be sued for stuff that they publish that violates the law but not for stuff that commentators say. They have no special protection. It's just the First Amendment, which the GOP is openly fighting against.

You're going to try and equate libel with enforcing terms of service?? This hot take is beyond even your usual idiocy.

Literally everyone who posts against the CDC would have to be banned, for fear of Facebook being sued by someone who took their advice, had negative reaction, and then claims they did it because of a Facebook/Twitter post they saw

that’s what you want? Completely purely only the government approved speech allowed? Because that’s exactly what you will get.
No one thinks that far ahead. They are too emotional because some politician they like is not allowed to tweet. So they get all pissed off and forget they turn into pro government regulating private businesses but too brain dead to see it.
The fact that so called conservatives aren't screaming about this shows me how far the party has fallen.

They do already, and they have specifically said they do. I'd rather they stayed a neutral platform, personally, but I don't particularly mind if they want to just be left wing publishers and publish left wing content.

The Biden administration said outright they're "working with" tech companies to silence speech that isn't government approved. Cool, then take responsibility for the horse shit you do publish.

Back