Crime TX passes anti deplatforming bill for tech companies

No one thinks that far ahead. They are too emotional because some politician they like is not allowed to tweet. So they get all pissed off and forget they turn into pro government regulating private businesses but too brain dead to see it.
The fact that so called conservatives aren't screaming about this shows me how far the party has fallen.

It's not just gov't regulating private business; this is forcing companies to create special rules for some people. Fundamental attack on one of our most basic freedoms.

So this law is affirming that a supposed open platform will not be allowed to ban people because of their political beliefs?

So this law is affirming that a supposed open platform will not be allowed to ban people because of their political beliefs?
Because that is why people were banned previously. You are just as much informed as Fox News.

i’m sure the far right will rebel and protest against this communist policy.

I didn't, you did. You're conflating the 2. Fox isn't pretending to be a neutral platform that's open to anybody, they pay their employees, they're specifically publishers who can publish what they want, and can be sued if what they publish violates the law. If the tech companies would like to get rid of their special protections and open themselves to being sued for the things they publish violating the law, I have no problem with them banning anybody they want.

Fox may get sued if they publish obvious falsehoods. But this is different from featuring liberal viewpoints. What is the connection between promoting lies and featuring liberal views?

Do you think Sherdog or any other online forum should be forced to carry any and all viewpoints and not have the right to censor? Does this make Sherdog a publisher? If online forums and messageboards can have a Terms of Service and censor posts but not be considered publishers, then why can't Social media?

Because that is why people were banned previously. You are just as much informed as Fox News.
I was reading the news article in the OP, and all it says is that the platforms won't be able ban people because of political beliefs.

Fox may get sued if they publish obvious falsehoods. But this is different from featuring liberal viewpoints. What is the connection between promoting lies and featuring liberal views?

Do you think Sherdog or any other online forum should be forced to carry any and all viewpoints and not have the right to censor? Does this make Sherdog a publisher? If online forums and messageboards can have a Terms of Service and censor posts but not be considered publishers, then why can't Social media?
Correct, it is very different. Fox can be sued if they publish obvious falsehoods, THEREFORE they are not required to feature them. The comment section is exactly that, comments on pieces they do publish, not a place office holders go to communicate with constituents.

BTW, Fox employs lots of democrats. Arnan Mishkin is the head of their decision desk, Chris Wallace is a democrat, Shep Smith worked there for years, Juan Williams is a democrat, and they employ Donna Brazille ffs.

Correct, it is very different. Fox can be sued if they publish obvious falsehoods, THEREFORE they are not required to feature them.

BTW, Fox employs lots of democrats. Arnan Mishkin is the head of their decision desk, Chris Wallace is a democrat, Shep Smith worked there for years, Juan Williams is a democrat, and they employ Donna Brazille ffs.

If Fox or Breitbart or WND or AM conservative radio doesn't feature liberal viewpoints, then why should social media?

Come on man, Fox has some token moderate liberals on there, but by no means are they giving a fair shake to liberals.

I was reading the news article in the OP, and all it says is that the platforms won't be able ban people because of political beliefs.
they never did <Lmaoo> they ban people who say trans people should be put in mental institutions and gays shouldn’t be able to get married. pure hatred is not a political belief.

If Fox or Breitbart or WND or AM conservative radio doesn't feature liberal viewpoints, then why should social media?

Come on man, Fox has some token moderate liberals on there, but by no means are they giving a fair shake to liberals.
AGAIN, if social media would like to be considered publishers responsible for what they publish the way those other companies are, they don't have to, that's the entire point.

The government cannot use social media a major source of communication with constituents, then "work with" the companies and bribe them to censor criticism and block constituents. The courts already ruled that Trump couldn't block people on twitter because it's a violation of their speech rights, so how is it different if the politician just gives subsidies to the company to have them do it for him?

AGAIN, if social media would like to be considered publishers responsible for what they publish the way those other companies are, they don't have to, that's the entire point.

But social media is more like an online forum. Sherdog is not considered a publisher even though Sherdog censors posts.

No instead of doing something useful, it seems the GOP is only interested in stunt legislation and regulating businesses. That appears to be the only two planks in their party platform anymore.

They’ve been doing this for many years. They can’t govern at all even at the local level.

Lol Open Platform.
Any social media site you have to sign a terms of service.
Still cant figure out why Conservatives are sacrificing Conservative principals because a dude they liked cant tweet anymore.
What happened to the whole Fuck your Feelings mantra that was going around in 2016. Seems like all this stunt legislation by GOP governors is basically trying to soothe the people who once said Fuck Your Feelings that now there feelings are hurt because some people they like cant tweet anymore.
I will slowly explain how capitalism works, that way you wont support so much government regulation.
A guy you like cant tweet. Well if there is enough of a market to make money, then someone will set up a competing site, so said dude could have social media access.
That was Parlor in a nutshell. They advertised no deleting of posts, then starting getting inundated with posts of peoples poop, and then had to start regulating posts.

I always find it funny that people complain about social media regulating content on Sherdog which is a site that hold on......
this is too good...……………..
The irony is unfuckingbelievable
on site, AKA Sherdog that moderates posts.

But social media is more like an online forum. Sherdog is not considered a publisher even though Sherdog censors posts.
If public officials were using sherdog as a major forum of communication with constituents, then they wouldn't be allowed to either.

No instead of doing something useful, it seems the GOP is only interested in stunt legislation and regulating businesses. That appears to be the only two planks in their party platform anymore.

Vaudeville politics is just about all the GOP has left. It's really sad what has happened to the party, I voted republican in my first few elections but left when that POS Gingrich took over. It has been going down hill ever since. Now they are off the fucking rails and their base just seems to eat it up with a fork and spoon. It's like WTF? The difference is night and day.

He's not even capable of thought

It's weird how many people here are basically automatons. I mean, that's not so unusual in general, but why come to a message board to just say things that you've heard others say and not even engage with real points?

Back