Media *** Tyson Fury vs. Francis Ngannou Post Fight Discussion MEGATHREAD ***

How does the fight go?

• Total voters
He looked like he simply didn't want to be there.
Probably the 2 hrs of standing around didn't help anyone's case.
Plus you're fighting a bum, and really only doing it for the easy money.
There's no winning in this really for Fury in any showing no matter how dominant you are.

I don’t think he took Francis seriously or expected Francis to show up for an easy paycheck. Either way, he found out Francis wasnt fuckin around. Big win for Francis. Big L for Dana.

Reactions: MT7
The UFC returned 400 million to the Saudis; so I'm not entirely sure they would be that worried. LIV hasn't netted any ROI and not sure if the Saudi Soccer league has brought anymore revenue.

Saudis seem to be ok taking a loss on things but not convinced that strategy will net returns
they are sports washing- they are not doing this to make money but they are spending billions to promote Saudi Arabia.

Dana has an ability to rub fighters the wrong way, try to strong arm them, diminish them, talk shit about them, and paint their accomplishments as nothing. he couldn't Fedor, couldn't make a deal with Francis, and out of principle they rejected his ass. Good for them. What a great win for Francis, seriously awesome stuff. MMA has it's win over boxing. Everyone knows what is up.

At this point the big chinese would smash him.
It's similar with Strickland vs. Izzy. Fury was winning initially but not troubling Francis too much. Fury lost the second round and got caught trying to pick it up in the third.

After feeling his power and realizing he can't mess around in the clinch either the biggest advantage he had was nullified. Francis was the one actually beating him up in the clinch so Fury had to make several on the cuff adjustment in that fight.

Francis was still a bit slow with his punches, but his timing, ability to not bite off on faints, composure and ability close distance were fantastic.
How is possible that he did not figure out that his opponent is much stronger , I mean look at him!? the truth is that Fury declined badly and his training is insufficent

Francis isn't an MMA fighter at heart. The only reason Francis took up MMA was as a means to get to boxing. Fernand Lopez convinced him that it was easier to get to prominence in MMA (true that), since it was a newer sport and less stratified; he said that without the right connections it was almost impossible in boxing. So the only thing MMA is "vindicated" in is greater social mobility.
That doesn't changed the fact that Francis has never in his life has had a boxing fight.

LOL we are really gonna clutch to a 100 year old fight that happened between 2 50 year olds in boxings defense?

MMA and especially UFCs heavyweight division has come a looong way since then and both men were way over the hill (Pudz got dropped by Sean McCorkle and went on to hunt Sylvia down around the ring after that!! lol)

Now in 2023 one of the current top MMA heavyweights just whipped the ass of the CURRENT heavyweight champion. If we're talking about old guys beating old guys... a middleweight MMA fighter just beat the lemonade out of an ex heavyweight champ in BOXING last year lol (vitor vs holyfield)
Francis lost though. And Francis was tired and rattled after that first Fury shot that landed. He didn't look impressive. He did the same punches in the same scenarios. He looked very rudimentary and even telegraphing his punches by turning his foot in a shoot off position when he was ready to shoot the right hand.
Mercer KOd Sylvia at 48 years old.
And Sylvia was younger then, than Fury and Francis are now.

Francis said that Fury thinks he is taller than he actually is...

Francis proved he had no problem punching upwards. That left hook that knocked Fury down was hard af
Best thing was fury trying to clinch and lay on Francis like he did Wilder and everyone else. Francis showed he is absurdly stronger and just a tad bit shorter, maybe ~5cm.

they are sports washing- they are not doing this to make money but they are spending billions to promote Saudi Arabia.

Yes and no. They are the one of the only nation reckless enough to do this, so there's the sports washing aspect, but mismanagement of PIF can reduce the value of Riyal. Not saying their sports division will on its own but they do want to make money.

Wilder knocked Fury out cold in the first fight, even Fury is on record saying so. The fact that he beat the count after getting separated from his senses was what made that fight special.
He had his bell rung definitely and his eyes rolled for a sec whilst he was down but he took a few secs to recover and then got up go re watch and look at his eyes, great recover ability no question but again I don't think you understand the term, out cold means completely unconscious and or sleeping heavily, obviously that wasn't the case.

I was impressed. I knew he would show a lot more bang in this fight than this forum and people in general believed.
I was ridiculed for being a mma noob or whatever (even though I watch more boxing nowadays).

People said Ngannou doesn't have power in boxing standards, only against mma bums. I referenced the 2 common sparring partners of Fury and Francis who both said Francis hits harder. People still shitted on my intel.
I also mentioned he would be much tougher and stronger in the clinch than what Fury is used to.

Oh well. I told you so.

Real fight Fury wins.
You should go look up what his family is known for in real fights.
They're moves in real fights negates all grappling techniques. It's banned in sport, because everyone would do it and win easy. It's called eye gouging, and they are fantastic at it.

Hahah because Francis can't also eye gouge ? That's the issue with martial arts that think that groin strikes and eye gouging makes them automatically win. The trained MMA fighter has all their usual skills AND can eye gouge and groin strike, both of which require no real training.

You don't need to train that stuff, just putting yourself in the domiant position and being able to land that stuff is enough.

Back