News Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk is set for February 17 in Saudi Arabia

Who’s going to win?

• Total voters
Wow, 6'7 but only 249lbs. I didn't know him, so from the description expected a Valuev type. I'm old.
Are you familiar with the heavyweight prospect Richard Torrez? Jalolov knocked him out in the amateurs.

This poll has been up since September, before fury fought ngannou and wilder getting outclassed by Parker. Also just after usyks last fight where he didn’t look as good as we know he is. I think some posters are re evaluating their view of the HW division since then and seeing through furys/wilders smoke and mirrors act. Fury was heavily favoured before his fight with Francis iirc. Far more posters are favouring usyk now

Someone else had explained this before. While it makes it better I honestly would have still expected Usyk to win this poll 60-40 before the Francis fight and the AJ/Wilder doublecard.

Also the poll gives people the ability to change their vote.

all I see is Fury size bullying Usyk if he can't catch him.

alternatively the size difference can make him look like Muhammad Ali

Someone else had explained this before. While it makes it better I honestly would have still expected Usyk to win this poll 60-40 before the Francis fight and the AJ/Wilder doublecard.

Also the poll gives people the ability to change their vote.

Fury was way ahead prior to his fight. Loads of people bought in to the fury/wilder hype as well. I’d guess that many don’t bother changing their votes? I didn’t even know you could

Lots of fans still think that fury will just grab and lean on him like he did with Cunningham. That simple. Usyks footwork and movement are on another level to Cunningham so it most certainly isn’t gonna he easy. He’ll get countered just falling in and grabbing imo

You don't need to be Ali to outbox Fury. Cunningham did it for 7 rounds before he royally blew it. He gave him a free shot. He was dumb enough to stand around and let Fury cross-face him. Once his chin was exposed all Fury had to do was bring down the hammer.

You don't need to be Ali to outbox Fury. Cunningham did it for 7 rounds before he royally blew it. He gave him a free shot. He was dumb enough to stand around and let Fury cross-face him. Once his chin was exposed all Fury had to do was bring down the hammer.
idk ideally it should work like that

what we typically get is the weight bully resorting to clinching and pushing though. the exact thing Fury couldn't do against Francais

he threw a fucking elbow for god sake cos he displayed jack all tools

idk ideally it should work like that

what we typically get is the weight bully resorting to clinching and pushing though. the exact thing Fury couldn't do against Francais

he threw a fucking elbow for god sake cos he displayed jack all tools
Usyk isn't going to just let him clinch. Athletically he doesn't have the foot speed or agility to match Usyk nor does he have the ring cutting to corner him. It's going to be very difficult for Fury to even get to him because Usyk is quick, highly mobile, and slippery. The big lugs that Fury previously fought stood right in front of him. They made it real easy for him to impose his size and physicality.

When Fury does push forward he'll also have to worry about getting caught with sharp counters on the way in. Usyk's straight left hand in particular. Unlike Fury's previous opponents Usyk can actually fight off the back foot. He can fight off the front foot, too.

Usyk isn't going to just let him clinch. Athletically he doesn't have the foot speed or agility to match Usyk nor does he have the ring cutting to corner him. It's going to be very difficult for Fury to even get to him because Usyk is quick, highly mobile, and slippery. The big lugs that Fury previously fought stood right in front of him. They made it real easy for him to impose his size and physicality.

When Fury does push forward he'll also have to worry about getting caught with sharp counters on the way in. Usyk's straight left hand in particular. Unlike Fury's previous opponents Usyk can actually fight off the back foot. He can fight off the front foot, too.

On paper it's a tough fight for Fury. He particularly likes to clinch and wear down his opponents, but like you said, Usyk won let him do that.

Yeah, Fury is definitely gonna try to hug and put his weight on Usyk. Was great to see him try that on Francis lol.

Jai Opetaia leaves Fury's camp after 5 rounds of sparring. Wheels falling off for Fury I feel, less than a month out.
Wow. After a whole 5 rounds?
Rumor is that Opetaia dropped Fury sparring …
I could believe that. Fury has shown vulnerability to smaller guys that are quick and mobile before and he's a southpaw to boot which Fury has also struggled with in the past.

Back