News Tyson Fury vs Oleksandr Usyk is set for February 17 in Saudi Arabia

Who’s going to win?

• Total voters

Good one. Fury seems calm. He is dangerous if he can keep this calm until fight day.

Good one. Fury seems calm. He is dangerous if he can keep this calm until fight day.

video isnt available
i swear ive seen this face-to-face posted several times but the video always disappears. what gives?

video isnt available
i swear ive seen this face-to-face posted several times but the video always disappears. what gives?

Weird. I saw the complete one and am able to play it again. Maybe has to do with copyrights in certain countries.

Even if it’s not true you have to question why he’s been binned after a few rounds of sparring? It’s difficult to think of any other reasons and that doesn’t bode well for fury.

There’s also some noise over here about a potential issue between the camps over the ref and the commission in charge. Usyk doesn’t want bbboc/British ref. No source just what I’ve heard. I think this is gonna be absolutely key for usyk in this fight, and not something he should be making concessions on

Even if it’s not true you have to question why he’s been binned after a few rounds of sparring? It’s difficult to think of any other reasons and that doesn’t bode well for fury.

There’s also some noise over here about a potential issue between the camps over the ref and the commission. No source just what I’ve heard. I think this is gonna be absolutely key for usyk in this fight.

Word is that Opetaia wasn't happy about HIS sparring partners available in camp as he has HIS OWN most important career fight scheduled just three weeks after this one and had to move and focus 100% on himself.

Him dropping Fury wouldn't surprise me though, he is indeed a beast.

Word is that Opetaia wasn't happy about HIS sparring partners available in camp as he has HIS OWN most important career fight scheduled just three weeks after this one and had to move and focus 100% on himself.

Him dropping Fury wouldn't surprise me though, he is indeed a beast.

Yeah that makes sense then. I suppose it’s weird that he would even be in furys camp with an important fight right round the corner

Just been listening to a Joseph Parker interview, and he's adamant that Fury wasn't dropped. Either way Sparring stories have been around for years, and more often than not they are shit. Anyway 3 weeks out, fucking buzzing.

Just been listening to a Joseph Parker interview, and he's adamant that Fury wasn't dropped. Either way Sparring stories have been around for years, and more often than not they are shit. Anyway 3 weeks out, fucking buzzing.
Unless either fighter admits it, footage is leaked, or there was someone around that actually witnessed it then yeah it's unverifiable. It's about as useful as Bakole saying that he knocked out Usyk in sparring along with a bunch of other top fighters.

There's always rumors of boxer getting knockdown in training. It's become part of the build up to big fights.

The Saudi savior increasing the PPV prices … lol !!!

I see that. Normally though it'd be at least $80+ and since the main is the undisputed heavyweight title fight they could charge even more than that. Upwards of $90+ in this situation.

Johnny Nelson has joined the band waggon claiming that he's heard Fury has been getting handled in sparring by his sparring partners. It's either the end for Fury streak or deliberately released rumours from Fury himself (wouldn't be the first time a boxer has sent out untrue rumours to give themselves the edge). I can't imagine rumours escape easily from closed camps, especially when the paid boxers sign disclosure agreements and are getting paid very well. The rumours about AJ only came out after the Ruiz 1 fight if I recall right, so rumours coming out during the camp is interesting timing wise. Anyway, still buzzing like a fat kid on Halloween.

Rumours about sparring are casual tool to boost up tickets and ppvs sales....

Yes, paid sparring partners almost always had signed NDA .
Yes, usually they aren't allowed to record sparring video. In some cases they might get copy later....

Yes, in some cases if sparring partner does have video he again is under NDA ....

This is to prevent next opponent and future opponents to study boxer's weak and strong sides in depth.

While rumours like sparring stories are considered as tool to boost up sales for fight.

I've got it exactly the inverse; Usyk by TKO with at least 1 knockdown (likely more).

I don't think people realize it now, but they will after. Usyk, in my mind, is one of the best boxers that ever lived--I'll go as far as to say top 10 ATG.
I doubt Usyk can stop Fury but I can definitely see him dropping him with his straight left hand / overhand left. Fury's recovery is something else.

Usyk is one of the best boxers of his generation. He's either #1 or #2 all-time at cruiser but at heavyweight he just doesn't have the body of work to be rated as a Top 10 ATG. Even with a win over Fury, I wouldn't put him there. That's because Fury himself has a really thin resume. It's difficult to break into the Top 10 heavyweight all-time rankings when the current era is so weak.

Johnny Nelson has joined the band waggon claiming that he's heard Fury has been getting handled in sparring by his sparring partners. It's either the end for Fury streak or deliberately released rumours from Fury himself (wouldn't be the first time a boxer has sent out untrue rumours to give themselves the edge). I can't imagine rumours escape easily from closed camps, especially when the paid boxers sign disclosure agreements and are getting paid very well. The rumours about AJ only came out after the Ruiz 1 fight if I recall right, so rumours coming out during the camp is interesting timing wise. Anyway, still buzzing like a fat kid on Halloween.

He still tipping fury to win though. That’s the real hammer blow to Tyson’s chances.

Back