UFC 200 - DC vs JJ 2 - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Santos is arguably a tougher style matchup than Brunson. Wtf at that line

Just watched all Brock's UFC fights. In the words of GSP...I am not impressed...well not much.

First let's look at his wrestling in the UFC. In his debut against Mir he secured a takedown off a kick (i am sure Hunt will not kick at least he won't if he has half a brain). Against Herring he secured a power double in r1 probably only because Herring threw a kick just as Brock was starting his shot so Herring was off balance. Brock secured one more takedown in r3 from a nice shuck from the clinch to take Herring's back. Herring gave up a couple of takedowns going for stupid throws. Herring also stuffed a double easily at some point. Randy stuffed a double in r1 but then had his legs pulled out from under him in the subsequent clinch against the fence. Randy was up quick but ended up back on bottom after Brock shook him off his back. Randy easily stuffed a double attempt in r2. In the rematch with Mir, Mir dropped for a leglock right away and ended up stuck on bottom for the rest of the round. In r2 Mir had a kick caught but popped straight back up, and then he had a knee caught and instead of concentrating on getting his leg back he threw a jump knee with the other knee so ended up being taken down from the jump knee. Carwin stuff Brock's shot at the start of r1. Brock gets a double at start of r2 on an exhausted Carwin. He failed to take an exhausted Carwin down at the end of r1 against the fence. Brock bull rushed Cain straight out the gate who easily stuffed the shot. Brock then lands a double under fire from Cain but Cain gets up quick. Cain then stuffs a takedown against the fence but has his legs pulled out from under him against the fence but immediately pops right back up. Overeem easily stuffs a single leg attempt from Brock.

Based on all this I think Lesnar struggles to take Hunt down and I accept the signature bet. Miocic bitched Hunt (an out of shape Hunt I might add) with singles. Brock has only shown a power double or double against the fence. I think he only got Cain down as Cain got over aggressive Hunt won't he knows he only needs one shot to end this so he will take his time he was patient against BF and Mir. The whole bull rush thing we have all mentioned including me is not something Brock is known for. I thought he did it against Herring but that was after dropping him. The only person he bull rushed was Cain. He would be nuts to bull rush Hunt IMO he could easily be clipped and knocked out wading in.

Brock cowers terribly when he is hit/hurt. This shows his inexperience as this is the reaction of a newbie in the gym. He literally folds in half and covers up. You do not do that! Cover up yes but you need to see what's coming not cower! Five years out will not have helped this. You cower like he does against Hunt you are ripe for Hunt's uppercut that's if he even survives the first plum strike that lands from Hunt. Brock fought three good strikers in his last three fights and got raped by all of them. Carwin was blowing out of his arse that's the only reason he lost that fight. Hunt is maybe the best of the bunch and definitely the hardest hitting one - this is an AWFUL AWFUL match up for Brock especially coming back from a five year lay off. In the rematch Mir backed Lesnar up and seemed to have him a bit stunned before the fateful takedown in r2. Hell even Randy who Brock looked twice as big as was holding his own and starting to take over in r2 (glad i wasn't betting then as i would have lb Couture big after r1). I know the clinch was Randy's best position but he was even controlling Brock in the clinch despite being 70-80lbs lighter. It was the size difference that won Brock that fight (when i say that I mean his fist is probably the same size as Randy's head who is really a LHW). Herring was a winnable fight, Mir looked bulimic in the rematch losing weight was a terrible idea and he gave up bottom position twice the idiot and as I said Carwin blew his wad.

I wouldn't even say Hunt is automatically done for if he does end up on bottom. Hunt survived BF's gnp and got back up and BF is a more skilled ground fighter than Brock. Herring survived three rounds, Randy took little damage from the bottom and got up both times he ended up on bottom. I know he sub'd Carwin and brutalised Mir but it's not automatically a rap if Hunt does end up on bottom.

All in all i really like Hunt here. I have a load on him already but I'm going to add some more.

^hunt is @1.65 on betsafe atm
thiago santos @3.80 now

how many units did u bet on thiago santos?
hit @5.45 with 1unit, and 0.5 unit the over

(conservative, yes)

Brock should pull the ole' Kevin randleman vs cro cop, fake shooting in for a takedown then throw a Huuuuuggge (trump voice) overhand right.

Sham,

Nothing much to add to your b/d. Thanks for watching all the tape and appreciate your insight - I agree and will add more to hunt.

It would actually have been fun to see a Mir/Lesnar rematch at UFC200. Both guys are vets with nothing much to prove. Hunt OTOH is a serious contender right now.

She should, but I don't think she will. Its about pacing, too.. some fighters just don't know how to pace themselves

This. She goes balls to the wall when she fights, that's why she gasses so hard. If she doesn't get that then we're likely to the same Nunes we've been seeing her whole career. She really is very talented though, if she were to measure herself a bit and be smarter when she fights then she could be really dangerous. I don't think that's happening though.

Just watched all Brock's UFC fights. In the words of GSP...I am not impressed...well not much.

First let's look at his wrestling in the UFC. In his debut against Mir he secured a takedown off a kick (i am sure Hunt will not kick at least he won't if he has half a brain). Against Herring he secured a power double in r1 probably only because Herring threw a kick just as Brock was starting his shot so Herring was off balance. Brock secured one more takedown in r3 from a nice shuck from the clinch to take Herring's back. Herring gave up a couple of takedowns going for stupid throws. Herring also stuffed a double easily at some point. Randy stuffed a double in r1 but then had his legs pulled out from under him in the subsequent clinch against the fence. Randy was up quick but ended up back on bottom after Brock shook him off his back. Randy easily stuffed a double attempt in r2. In the rematch with Mir, Mir dropped for a leglock right away and ended up stuck on bottom for the rest of the round. In r2 Mir had a kick caught but popped straight back up, and then he had a knee caught and instead of concentrating on getting his leg back he threw a jump knee with the other knee so ended up being taken down from the jump knee. Carwin stuff Brock's shot at the start of r1. Brock gets a double at start of r2 on an exhausted Carwin. He failed to take an exhausted Carwin down at the end of r1 against the fence. Brock bull rushed Cain straight out the gate who easily stuffed the shot. Brock then lands a double under fire from Cain but Cain gets up quick. Cain then stuffs a takedown against the fence but has his legs pulled out from under him against the fence but immediately pops right back up. Overeem easily stuffs a single leg attempt from Brock.

Based on all this I think Lesnar struggles to take Hunt down and I accept the signature bet. Miocic bitched Hunt (an out of shape Hunt I might add) with singles. Brock has only shown a power double or double against the fence. I think he only got Cain down as Cain got over aggressive Hunt won't he knows he only needs one shot to end this so he will take his time he was patient against BF and Mir. The whole bull rush thing we have all mentioned including me is not something Brock is known for. I thought he did it against Herring but that was after dropping him. The only person he bull rushed was Cain. He would be nuts to bull rush Hunt IMO he could easily be clipped and knocked out wading in.

Brock cowers terribly when he is hit/hurt. This shows his inexperience as this is the reaction of a newbie in the gym. He literally folds in half and covers up. You do not do that! Cover up yes but you need to see what's coming not cower! Five years out will not have helped this. You cower like he does against Hunt you are ripe for Hunt's uppercut that's if he even survives the first plum strike that lands from Hunt. Brock fought three good strikers in his last three fights and got raped by all of them. Carwin was blowing out of his arse that's the only reason he lost that fight. Hunt is maybe the best of the bunch and definitely the hardest hitting one - this is an AWFUL AWFUL match up for Brock especially coming back from a five year lay off. In the rematch Mir backed Lesnar up and seemed to have him a bit stunned before the fateful takedown in r2. Hell even Randy who Brock looked twice as big as was holding his own and starting to take over in r2 (glad i wasn't betting then as i would have lb Couture big after r1). I know the clinch was Randy's best position but he was even controlling Brock in the clinch despite being 70-80lbs lighter. It was the size difference that won Brock that fight (when i say that I mean his fist is probably the same size as Randy's head who is really a LHW). Herring was a winnable fight, Mir looked bulimic in the rematch losing weight was a terrible idea and he gave up bottom position twice the idiot and as I said Carwin blew his wad.

I wouldn't even say Hunt is automatically done for if he does end up on bottom. Hunt survived BF's gnp and got back up and BF is a more skilled ground fighter than Brock. Herring survived three rounds, Randy took little damage from the bottom and got up both times he ended up on bottom. I know he sub'd Carwin and brutalised Mir but it's not automatically a rap if Hunt does end up on bottom.

All in all i really like Hunt here. I have a load on him already but I'm going to add some more.

ok, let's say a month for the sig bet? and we will go off of UFC.com's scoring to determine whether any questionable take downs count or not.

i like everyones over 1.5 for tate fight

what do yall think of the over 4.5 -140 for jones fight?

i like everyones over 1.5 for tate fight

what do yall think of the over 4.5 -140 for jones fight?
Think most of us agreed the over for the Jones fight is an absolutely amazing line. Surprised it hasn't gotten worse.

Wow care to share the reasoning behind the big TJ play?

Personally I am looking at RA at those odds, he is a tough stylistic matchup for the snake in the grass
I have some RA fights in my FP watch queue, but my initial thoughts are the opposite. 2016 TJ is a horrible matchup for RA. He arguably won the first time, and now his angular footwork and feints are light years ahead of where they were then and he only looks better and better. Think RA needs to be in the pocket similar to Barao, and I think TJ knows how to destroy pocket fighters at this point.

Anyone like Gastelum over Hendricks? If so, why?

Anyone like Gastelum over Hendricks? If so, why?

Think Hendricks is different post usada, Gastelum huge 170, puts good pressure, Hendricks coming back from KO somewhat early, won't be able to take Gastelum down in my opinion. Closely contested on the feet. Worth a dog play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back