UFC 222 - Edgar vs Ortega - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
See here's why I like Ortega

I've seen Frankie rocked and stumbling around more times than I care to remember
He always gets hit and hurt

Now anyone thinking Frankie will just outbox Ortega for 3 rounds has clearly forgotten Ortega has that 'fuck it' attribute in his arsenal
If he's down in he 3rd he's gonna go balls to the wall for a finish and I predict he will catch and finish Frankie
And I know

That's a fucking bold statement
Not gonna hate on you for it, but I'm literally betting you're totally wrong about that. That's the fun part; we'll get to see who is right soon enough.

Caraway NSC +108 a great hedge for Stamann backers.

I've seen Frankie rocked and stumbling around more times than I care to remember

Now anyone thinking Frankie will just outbox Ortega for 3 rounds has clearly forgotten Ortega has that 'fuck it' attribute in his arsenal
If he's down in he 3rd he's gonna go balls to the wall for a finish and I predict he will catch and finish Frankie
And I know

thats why we hedge with Ortega R3 at silly odds or just bet Ortega R3/SUB if you like him dont see any other way he wins this fight

And I know

Wait, what?

In his last ELEVEN fights, Frankie has really only been sort of "rocked" once, and that was vs Stephens. And he wasn't "stumbling around" in that fight, he got stung for a second but recovered pretty quickly. And that's against Stephens, who we all know hits like a truck at FW.

Before that, you have to go back almost SEVEN YEARS to his fights with Maynard (at LW, not FW, and before Maynard fell off a cliff) to find Frankie getting rocked and stumbling around. Didn't happen in either fight with Aldo, either fight with Bendo, nor his fights with Faber, Swanson, Mendes, etc. etc.

This myth of Frankie being so utterly easy to hit and to put on wobbly legs is fantasy.

Not gonna hate on you for it, but I'm literally betting you're totally wrong about that. That's the fun part; we'll get to see who is right soon enough.
Amen dude that's why we do it

I love when people repost me when I'm wrong (which is hardly ever)

Just a bit of fun

O'Malley's striking is super sloppy (hands down all the time, lazy jab, no power behind his straight left) Ware is not a high level striker and he landed a solid 20 significant punches throughout the fight, especially in the 2nd, souk has a lot more power than Ware, but Souk's striking isn't exactly elite either. I bet Souk decision but I hate it. this fight is the 3rd on the ppv... smh.

Dern -3.5 at -190. Absolutely, yes. She's either gonna finish or spend most of 15 minutes teaching Yoder about grappling for 30-27, 30-27, 30-27. If Yoder had ever shown even the most remote sign of TDD I'd be a little gunshy. But she hasn't. And Dern is just a completely different level of grappler. 3.8u for me.

Also hit MIlstead NSC +124 for 1u. Can't see him getting finished, though good chance he loses a decision.

As always, the Nova União athletes have difficulties at the time of weighing.

Raise your hand if you trust Struve's chin...even a little. Nobody? Me either.

I realize AA doesn't crack like he used to, but 7 of Struve's 9 losses are by KO/TKO. Granted, against some big hitters, but it's HW so they all can throw heat for the most part. AA still has enough power to put Struve away for sure.

+365 is absolutely worth a play imo.

In his last ELEVEN fights, Frankie has really only been sort of "rocked" once, and that was vs Stephens. And he wasn't "stumbling around" in that fight, he got stung for a second but recovered pretty quickly. And that's against Stephens, who we all know hits like a truck at FW.

I absolutely agree with your overall point. But to clarify this part of it, Stephens rocked him with a kick to the chin, but it was all toes. He was badly wobbled but he was able to dive for a leg and recover. If a similar situation plays out against Ortega there’s a strong chance that he’s getting choked.

It’s from today, on his Instagram story. He looks pretty bad to me.

It’s a tough weight cut for him and he always looks bad. He has elite cardio and it’s never affected him before so I wouldn’t put any stock into it.

Better off playing milstead ko

Milstead ultra tough. He blew out his knee vs Blaydes and still kept getting up. Would not quit

Fought as an undersized heavyweight. Knocked heavyweights out cold. Took shots on the chin and walked right through them

Dude is a savage

I think johnson wins decision or gets knocked out

The value is on milstead here.

O'Malley's striking is super sloppy (hands down all the time, lazy jab, no power behind his straight left) Ware is not a high level striker and he landed a solid 20 significant punches throughout the fight, especially in the 2nd, souk has a lot more power than Ware, but Souk's striking isn't exactly elite either. I bet Souk decision but I hate it. this fight is the 3rd on the ppv... smh.

Terrible post. His jab is very effective and he has a piston for a left cross. And he does have power have you not watched his dwcs fight? Ware is tough as nails has never been kod. And ware is a very solid mma striker. Omalleys 23 ffs just made his ufc debut cut the guy some slack do you expect the finished article at 23 after 9 pro fights? Jeez.

Dern -3.5 at -190. Absolutely, yes. She's either gonna finish or spend most of 15 minutes teaching Yoder about grappling for 30-27, 30-27, 30-27. If Yoder had ever shown even the most remote sign of TDD I'd be a little gunshy. But she hasn't. And Dern is just a completely different level of grappler. 3.8u for me.

Also hit MIlstead NSC +124 for 1u. Can't see him getting finished, though good chance he loses a decision.

Great line cos i expect some 10-8s. On the mat she gets instant mount and if she dont sub ya she has mount all round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back